Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 09:32
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Bushman

"This is not my active character" But it is

Posted (edited)

Hey there, I recently joined this server and have been playing for a good while as of the past day or so. Currently, I am trying to log in, however I am being automatically kicked for my character not being my active character, while my character is named as and I have been playing as my character for a while. The only Issue that could cause this is my character not looking as I designed him in the beginning for some reason, but at the same time I have been playing and using this character, and I'd like to get back on despite this. Is there anything I can do? It says it is not my active character, but it literally is my active character as seen on my profile.

Edited by Frank Bushman

Are you starting the game trough launcher or within the game server browser? 

You may want to double check there aren't any spelling mistakes in the parameters in the DayZ Launcher, check for any spelling mistakes.

Posted (edited)

I checked the parameters, I saved it and made sure it was all correct. I just was able to play for a while just now, but I literally just got kicked again for "Invalid character name." My character's name is the exact same as in the forum here. I think it's someone actually kicking me, if not it's a very erratic sensor.

Edited by Frank Bushman
left out detail

Just now, Frank Bushman said:

I checked the parameters, I saved it and made sure it was all correct. I just was able to play for a while just now, but I literally just got kicked again for "Invalid character name." My character's name is the exact same as in the forum here

I see your forum name is = to your active character name. Can you make screen of the parameters? 

and now Im being kicked for "This is not your active character!)" again

Ooooookay wait, I just noticed when you save the parameters for the mods it doesnt save the actual PARAMETERS of name, port, etc. I will fill these in and probably it will be fixed. Will update

1 minute ago, Frank Bushman said:

and now Im being kicked for "This is not your active character!)" again

Well if it was you now it says in game "Survivor xxxxx this is not your active character". Can you post your parameters screen please? Make sure there are no blank space at the and on start etc.

I fixed the parameters and filled them out, as they were blank previously. I will see about joining the server again in a while, I must go for now. I appreciate the quick response!

dayzrp parameters 1.PNG

dayzrp parameters 2.PNG

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2019 at 6:48 PM, Frank Bushman said:

I fixed the parameters and filled them out, as they were blank previously. I will see about joining the server again in a while, I must go for now. I appreciate the quick response!

Hope it will work for you after. Give a word if the problem might be persisting but seems it should be solved.

/solved lock

Edited by PaulB