Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 17:46
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 14 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
xxxDynastyWolf

Server and location: S1: Rule Break in Severograd office building.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-08-11, 06:15

Your in game name: Billy Benton

Names of allies involved: None in this situation 

Name of suspect/s: Unknown (was wearing police uniform)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTGPg6Kt3s&feature=youtu.be

Detailed description of the events: Myself and my other men were traveling out of Severograd. I insinuated to a chernarussian police officer guy as we passed I didn't like pigs. He decided to confront me and my guys then his people came to his aid. They out manned us and took three of us hostage. The RP in the situation was very fun and I did enjoy it. The only complaint I have is that I complied with all rules and was still killed by the man with the mask. I don't believe it was on purpose, but if you repeatedly hit someone they will go down any DayZ player knows that. I feel as if he lacked any value for another characters life. A couple punches makes good RP, but that many in sequence turns into death blows.

Hostilities 4.6 state  If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.

Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.

Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.

Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.

Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

Myself or guys I ran with complied at all times. I believe someone engaged, but we are not an official group and I did not tell anyone to put their hands up. I have more video if need be of the whole situation. It was about 20 minutes long.

the reason you died was because your unconscious body clipped through the wall and fell 3 stories. You got DayZ'd man sorry.  I will post my full pov in the morning

I'll let the administration decide. If you slow it down it clearly says I am dead after you punched me out. Anyone who plays the game knows punching the lights out of someone can kill them. Doesn't help you were just running into me. I don't consider that being DayZ'd my guy. Just let the report go through. No need to talk it out.

If you put the youtube speed at playback speed at .25  you can see I die after you beat me. Then after already being dead I fell out. The current death of my character was caused by you punching my head in, I was put in that spot by you and those people so once again I don't believe that would be called getting DayZ'd.

POV

We have them captive after one of them says they do not like pigs after they know we are OREL so I leave the building to go and smoke a cigarette and the rest of the OREL began roughing them and then i saw a body fall out the window when i was outside.

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
05:23:38 | Player "Billy Benton" is connected
-DEAD-
07:16:49 | Player "Billy Benton" has been disconnected

03:54:09 | Player "Nikolai Dvorak" is connected
06:39:14 | Player "Nikolai Dvorak" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
06:16:23 | Player "Billy Benton"[HP: 95.71] hit by Player "Nikolai Dvorak" into RightArm(19) for 13 damage (MeleeFist_Heavy)
06:16:24 | Player "Billy Benton"[HP: 85.71] hit by Player "Nikolai Dvorak" into Head(0) for 5 damage (MeleeFist)
06:16:25 | Player "Billy Benton"[HP: 77.4206] hit by Player "Nikolai Dvorak" into Torso(16) for 8.5 damage (MeleeFist)
06:16:25 | Player "Billy Benton"[HP: 74.1206] hit by Player "Nikolai Dvorak" into LeftArm(21) for 10 damage (MeleeFist)
06:16:26 | Player "Billy Benton" (DEAD) [HP: 0] hit by Player "Nikolai Dvorak" into Head(0) for 5 damage (MeleeFist)

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
06:16:26 | Player "Billy Benton" (DEAD) killed by SurvivorM_Cyril

Chat Logs:

Spoiler
06:12:16 | Chat("Havel Martinek"): //Permission to log for me I have to go
06:14:27 | Chat("Havel Martinek"): //Permission for black beret to log?
06:14:59 | Chat("Billy Benton"): // Yes
06:15:03 | Chat("Havel Martinek"): //thank you
06:15:04 | Chat("Martinez Lopez"): //sure go 
06:15:07 | Chat("Martinez Lopez"): //gn
06:21:26 | Chat("Miloslav Cernik"): //can we have permission to log its real late
06:21:40 | Chat("Martinez Lopez"): //yeah 
06:21:40 | Chat("Malik Bloodit"): // yeah no problem guys

Calling in to post PoV's:

@xxxDynastyWolf | Billy Benton | POSTED
@Nik | Nikolai Dvorak | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

@Nik Can you explained why you combat logged after the OP's death?

Posted (edited)

POV - We have people hostage in a building, we are in the process of questioning them on why they spit on us and called us pigs. I take the one aside to beat him for calling me a pig. I hit him a few times and he falls through the window. Before we got them to the building id also like to add we took fire and one of ours died.

https://gyazo.com/8af54faf73cd922067d636d083920038

he had 95 hp, I only hit him for 41.5, he shouldn't of died.

@Voodoo we asked in chat for permission to log after there friend died and they said yes no problem

We asked two separate occasions both times then saying it was cool, you can see the first in the video

@xxxDynastyWolf Sorry man didn't mean for you to die. If you'd be down to talk let me know, if not I get it

Edited by Nik

@xxxDynastyWolf can you or any of your allies confirm that @Nik was given permission to log out before his 30 minute timer was up?

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

@xxxDynastyWolf can you or any of your allies confirm that @Nik was given permission to log out before his 30 minute timer was up?

Can’t you just pull chat logs of it 

6 minutes ago, xxxDynastyWolf said:

I do believe they have him perms to log. So he did not combat log. That’s not the issue though.

We know that it's not the issue but we also have to follow up on things like that. It's protocol.

Verdict:

@Nik - Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) | Not Guilty 

Reason:

Staff have reviewed this report and arrived at the following conclusion. @Nik as can be seen in the logs and the video shown you punch @xxxDynastyWolf continuously and in the process he is unfortunately killed by what appears to be a glitch involving the wall of the building. Due to the kill being an unfortunate outcome of the game and its buggy nature (as made clear in the logs) we have decided it would be unfair to issue a invalid kill (roleplayed) punishment.

However we have made a decision to give you a verbal warning regarding situations like this that you may come across in the future. We suggest that in future you think about using text RP to emote out certain torture/punishment (as we always ask the community to prioritise roleplay over all else). This situation could have had potential to be a fun experience for all involved rather than just resorting to punching until the other person is unconscious (or in this case dead). With the game as buggy as it is we have seen in the past that it can register one punch as a killing blow (although not evident in this case) to another character. Bare this in mind for the future as a bug in which the person dies from being punched continuously will result in a Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) verdict if other factors (such as the one seen here) are not present. 

Outcome:

@Nik - No Punishment (Verbal Warning)

Signed: @Voodoo @Phoenix