Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 12:40
Sign in to follow this  
MorbidAngel

PS4 server nighttime.

Recommended Posts

I know it probably contradicts the RP portion of the game but could you please remove the nighttime from the PS4 server? Or at least decrease it because if you don't find a flashlight it's pitch black and literally unplayable. Even if you do manage to find a flashlight it's super hard to play and I'd rather not play at all during the night.

Also I'd like some input from other PS4 players to hear their experience, even PC players can tell me their opinions. When I played DayZ years ago it was not this dark during the night, at least you could run around and find some cover etc, now I can't tell the difference if my TV is turned off or not, seriously.

Share this post


Link to post

Can you not make torches, a fire as an alternative to finding flashlights? We have plenty of light sources for the night time on the pc, I actually prefer the night. We get 4 hours of daytime and 30 minutes of night time, if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, I think night-time is the best part about it. I don't get to use my NVG's enough through the 30 minute night cycles XD

Share this post


Link to post

Also i haven´t played since the last console update, the last time i played on ps4 the night time was horrible.
On pc you still can see the sillouets and lighter/white trees, houses, obstacles but on ps4 it´s almost pitch black and even i (who loves the nighttime on pc and also runs around without a flashlight/ night vision goggles) had a hard time.

@Saunders you can make torches and campfires but the don´t last that long.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Saunders said:

Can you not make torches, a fire as an alternative to finding flashlights? We have plenty of light sources for the night time on the pc, I actually prefer the night. We get 4 hours of daytime and 30 minutes of night time, if I remember correctly.

It's so dark during night time that you literally cannot see anything, if I am inside I seriously wouldn't be able to find my way outside to actually get the materials to craft a torch or fire. However I shall try it out, I haven't played this game in a long time so I can't remember all the items you can craft.

Also I didn't know we got 4 hours daytime and 30 night, I thought it was the same as on the official server (2 daytime / 1 nighttime)

3 hours ago, Oscar Coates said:

Honestly, I think night-time is the best part about it. I don't get to use my NVG's enough through the 30 minute night cycles XD

Well this requires you to actually find NVG's haha, I'm usually pretty damn unlucky, I didn't even know NVG's existed haha!

3 minutes ago, R3d D3ad said:

Also i haven´t played since the last console update, the last time i played on ps4 the night time was horrible.
On pc you still can see the sillouets and lighter/white trees, houses, obstacles but on ps4 it´s almost pitch black and even i (who loves the nighttime on pc and also runs around without a flashlight/ night vision goggles) had a hard time.

@Saunders you can make torches and campfires but the don´t last that long.

Right?! This is the way I remember it on PC, it was super dark but you could at least see something. There has been a few times when loading into a server (on console) that I thought it was still loading but I was actually in the game, it was just that dark haha!

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

Right?! This is the way I remember it on PC, it was super dark but you could at least see something. There has been a few times when loading into a server (on console) that I thought it was still loading but I was actually in the game, it was just that dark haha!

Lol same happened to me XD

Well i´d  go with a headtorch (it´s always good to have your hands free) and enough batteries, if not craft a torch and keep it on you and don´t forget to have enough rags to refuel it or find someone and have some nice campfire rp 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, R3d D3ad said:

Lol same happened to me XD

Well i´d  go with a headtorch (it´s always good to have your hands free) and enough batteries, if not craft a torch and keep it on you and don´t forget to have enough rags to refuel it or find someone and have some nice campfire rp 🙂

In my 15 hours I've only found a headtorch once and a flashlight twice haha, I never find the good stuff..

However since I started playing on the DayZRP server (since yesterday) I've found like 5 MP5's, shit ton of batteries etc etc. I guess because there's not a lot of players and the server is completely fresh there's a lot more loot haha!

Gonna make my way towards the Airfield once I get home from work in like 20 min, it's amazing with all this loot haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, OpTempest said:

Honestly, I think night-time is the best part about it. I don't get to use my NVG's enough through the 30 minute night cycles XD

nvg's are broken and don't work on console, but i do like the night-time it's eerie and quiet and makes things more spooky, eg once i was in the woods opening a can of food and one of the trees creaked and it sounded like the preditor clicks and it sent shivers up my spine, it was great. 

Edited by marauder1838

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, marauder1838 said:

nvg's are broken and don't work on console, but i do like the night-time it's eerie and quiet and makes things more spooky, eg once i was in the woods opening a can of food and one of the trees creaked and it sounded like the preditor clicks and it sent shivers up my spine, it was great. 

Yeah night-time without NVG's or any light source can be brutal. I tend to just cower away in a shack or something when that happens, boil the kettle and have a cup of tea to calm the nerves ...

scared dog GIF

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...