Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 10:54
Sign in to follow this  
Skeeterbolt

Salvation - Open Recruitment

Posted (edited)

932139786_Salvation(NEW)2.png.5219b1bb31b07765067a29692023d547.png

Untitled-7.png.f1afd8769c0396f083f890db18eaa828.png

It started shortly after the outbreak. I had lost my friends, my family and my hope. I wandered the woodlands north of Novodmitrovsk for weeks, months, I’m not even sure because time had no meaning for me. I lived off the land and by pillaging what I could from abandoned homes. Alone, the weight of a ruined world and a lost wife upon my shoulders.

Salvation happened upon me in the form of a chance radio call while sleeping. A quiet female voice on the other end, barely audible. I fumbled the transceiver, half awake, and turned the volume up. “Is anyone there? Please help. I am stuck in a trailer and there is growling outside. Hello? Please hurry.” The voice sounded vaguely familiar in my half-awake state. “Where are you. Over.” I answered into the handset. “Somewhere east of Grishino, on a dirt road” the voice answered. “Sit tight, I’m on my way. Over.”

Dawn broke as I crested the small hill and looked down upon an old trailer with a light green glow emanating from the inside. I peered around but saw nothing. Suspecting a trap, I kept my weapon out and ready, trained on the door. “Come out slowly, keep your hands up.” The woman exited the trailer, obviously famished and near death. Sweat broke on my forehead, goosebumps rose on my arms and a tingling sensation went down my spine. Could it really be? “Violet?” I asked. She looked at me a bit bewildered, but as I lowered my weapon and removed the bandana, she instantly recognized me. “Gatson!” she gasped as she leapt into my arms. My wife returned to me at last! This is my salvation.

Untitled-1.png.5f4eb9b1bab4a60073c8ba2d1670d8b0.png

It started in Camp Arsenievo, my wife and I taking refuge in a couple of shacks that we had secured. As the days and weeks passed, people came and went. We helped as many as we could. Some of them decided to stay. Wes was one of the first, then Mani. Survivors of all walks trickled in, a few left, but most stayed. We came from all walks of life, from police to criminals, farmers to soldiers. We came together, benefiting from each others strengths and bolstering the weaknesses. There were too many people for the small compound we had, it was time to expand. Work was hard and the days were long, but we eventually had a secure compound. Unbeknownst to us, the expansion that we built would attract even more people, some good and some not. We have done our very best to remain truly neutral of other groups internal conflicts. We inevitably were drug into one but managed to get out of it after only one hostile engagement. This was a sign to me, we grew too fast and over reached, attracting the wrong kind of attention. It was time for a change, time for us to find somewhere better and more easily defended.

We have decided to relocate, somewhere more defendable and central. After several days of searching, we have found our new home and are getting set up to offer aid and salvation to those that are willing to contribute to the needs of the many. It is only a matter of time until I start sending out long range patrols to meet other groups and find more survivors in need of aid. I am looking forward to the future and what it holds for us.

Nobody would have expected this rag-tag group of people who never knew each other before the outbreak of being able to form the bond that has been struck and the friendship earned.

download.jpg.58885b91b283461a2f5dcd6129495c7e.jpg

Untitled-2.png.3f427563eccf97ba929a2a94b5cf1edf.png

Wes.jpg.b65c76d86e946aaf2f77f4150fc4b60f.jpg

"Loneliness was my hell.  Nothing but empty wilderness around me…inside me.   Then, seemingly from a drop of Grace, I found this place.  These people, who dared to hope and help.  And though each day remains a struggle, I no longer feel alone in a world gone dark.  For a brighter Dawn approaches.  This is my Salvation."   -Wes Billings

19514358_JimFelming.thumb.jpg.80e130aadd90385598a603cf591faf37.jpg

“Cold, hungry and alone, as I wandered the many roads that ran through Chernarus. Breaking open doors and climbing through windows just for a drop of water, a small snack, or to sleep in the bed of someone who may not even be alive to use it, all the while being as quiet as possible, so not to arouse the dead. But that was before. Now I do it all to protect my family, as they have protected me. Forever watching, day and night. This is my salvation.”  -Jim Fleming

Richard.jpg.e9fc7d72233e86c914bcb5fed0068863.jpg

"I was alone, stuck to wander aimlessly without hope of friendship. This place offered me friendship and so much more. I was taken in and treated as an equal without fear, I was able to find a home and a place to fit in. This is my salvation." -Richard Kreyneium

Sam.jpg.9683005f8d2b725bd9997bdc0b320153.jpg

"After a long time of wandering around by myself, facing new obstacles each day while struggling to survive and only caring for myself, I stumbled across this group of friends and family and their newly set up camp. Much to my surprise they welcomed me in and offered me a place to stay. After all those cold nights in broken-down houses and the cold forest, I was grateful to have found a warm place to come back to and call home. From there on I felt like I had a purpose again and wanted to give something back to them for accepting me into their family. To help out others In this harsh world that's something that gives me hold and restores my lost hope for the future. This is my salvation." -Sam Schulz

Violet.jpg.30ef0b33ec95074d59c5c4669ba19188.jpg

"Lost in a world that wasn't my own, all I had was the hope of finding my husband. Once together again, we began to build a home, we met new people and grew as a family. Knowing what this horrible world could do, the family we had built has given me hope, warmth, and happiness of what the future may bring as long as we are together. This is my salvation."     -Violet Jackson

Untitled-3.png.e3a4bdeb1621e602ce648a38ba149eae.png

Organize and utilize short range patrols to secure the area (Daily)

Locate new groups and establish communications (5/10)

Train new members on variety of firearms (Day 800)

Recruit allies to help with the suppression of anyone hostile toward us (Day 800)

Establish S.O.P.'s for group members in hostile situations (Day 800)

Organize and conduct robbery/hostage/hostage rescue exercises (Day 800)

Organize and conduct 'live fire' exercises (Day 825)

Organize and conduct base raid & base defense exercises (Day 850)

Establish small trade with friendly groups (Day 825)

Maintain neutrality (Ongoing) Succeeding

Maintain supplies and provisions (Ongoing) Succeeding

Locate and recruit new survivors (Ongoing) Stagnant

Find out who has been attacking us (Day 790) Complete

Locate and establish new base of operations (Day 800) Completed Early

Relocate to a better area (Day 750) Complete

Reinforce new base and gather supplies to help weary survivors (Day 780) Completed Early

Gather supplies for trading with other groups (Day 800) Abandoned

Locate and establish trade routes with willing groups (1/5) (Day 800) Abandoned

Secure trade route(s) and provide protection to merchants (Day 800+) Abandoned

Untitled-4.png.09204b2a92d0fed1147a308be20306ba.png

The Council

Gatson 'Skeeterbolt' Jackson - @Skeeterbolt

Mani 'Swampthing' Toretto - @Drmani

Quartermaster

Alexei Zverev - @Xaeleth

Scavengers

Richard Kreyneium - @Emoney7472

Rover Nix - @iGROOCK

Security

Jim Fleming - @Gnarkill

Robert Fleming - @Hactivision

Tradeskilled

Recruiter

New Members

Untitled-5.png.acb1639e76fd8cd3355380632bc84a7c.png

We are currently seeking people for Security (base, patrols, etc), Tradeskilled (mechanics, builders, etc) and Scavengers.

Spoiler

PM @Skeeterbolt with the following information and we will establish contact IC. Or seek us out yourself!

1. Link to character sheet:

2. RL age:

3. RP experience:

4. DayZ experience:

5. Why you want to join our group:

6. IC contact frequency:

Untitled-6.png.f80f55b6c7f938811569aab60eaf8799.png

This group mainly consists of players either new to DayZ, Roleplay or both, for this reason we are attempting to remain neutral and teach / learn the basics of RP and DayZ. We are always seeking interaction with others to further our experiences and have a good time. Please do not let this discourage you from contacting our group, we want to ensure that everyone gets a good experience and has fun. We appreciate any feedback IC and OOC and look forward to seeing you all in Chernarus!

Regardless of how the name sounds, this is NOT a religiously affiliated group.

Edited by Skeeterbolt
Goals / Roster Update

Good luck with this.

Looks good

Good luck 

Thanks for the well wishes, fingers are crossed.

Aww! Skeeter, Manny and Violet! Awesome to see you guys making a group!!

Probably could have done it sooner, but I'm a procrastinator. Lol. Thanks a lot 🙂

Posted (edited)

I agree with Brayces wholeheartedly. Looking forward to seeing you in game again soon, I hope. 

Edited by Baron

Good luck with this guys, have enjoyed the RP with your group in the past!

Thank you, we definitely look forward to having yall around again.

Looks alright, good luck. Gotta be honest, not digging the weird header colors all too much but the rest looks neato 😄 

Posted (edited)

LOL. I wanted something odd and offputting, so I guess it worked 😄 - Thanks 🙂

(Honestly its just my shit photoshop skills)

Edited by Skeeterbolt

Goodluck looks good

I love the idea of this being a group made up of new to Dayzrp / Roleplay. Good on you for creating something that doesn’t require you to be a pvp expert with 4000 hrs on a pvp server or be an expert in roleplay and using accents. Hopefully this group stays around and can become somewhere new players can go to learn from those people that were in the same position.

Just hope the other groups give you some space/respect/help with the RP and don’t try to dominate you.

Dobre den! Stay safe, and hope to meet you lot.

Graphics are something to be desired but looks good otherwise!

I was wondering when I would see a group page for you lot, 😉 

8 hours ago, andysuter said:

I love the idea of this being a group made up of new to Dayzrp / Roleplay. Good on you for creating something that doesn’t require you to be a pvp expert with 4000 hrs on a pvp server or be an expert in roleplay and using accents. Hopefully this group stays around and can become somewhere new players can go to learn from those people that were in the same position.

Just hope the other groups give you some space/respect/help with the RP and don’t try to dominate you.

From my short time on this server (Myself being new to DayZ RP but not DayZ or Roleplay) it seemed something that would be beneficial to the community. I hope it is something we can keep going and raise the bar on roleplay, gameplay and DayZRP rules.

7 hours ago, Fae said:

Graphics are something to be desired but looks good otherwise!

I'm a noob with Photoshop, lol. I probably need to take some classes when I get the chance.

Thanks to everyone else also, we are excited to see if we get approved!

Just be glad he didn't name us 'Deliverance'. 😉

Edited to update goals and group roles.

First encounter with you guys was great, The RP was flush and serious, and I enjoyed meeting all of your characters. The PVE RP 8/10.

Second encounter with you guys, We captured skeeter him self, and performed some hostile RP with him. I was then dragged into an OOC conversation DURING Roleplay with Skeeter begging us not to engage his group within hostile RP, or else they will quit the community. We listened and came to a compromise in order to develop our characters, We do not appreciate the stoppage of RP to discuss your groups external OOC issues, where we was affectively emotionally blackmailed to not follow what my character would do IC. When this happened I chose to ignore it. 

Third encounter with you guys! we decided to go visit you to see if your people was still there and to see the interesting interaction between us and the leader of the group skeeter. No one was home so we decided to break in. When we broke into the base I was literally disgusted at what I saw, You have at least 5K rounds of 556 horded. Stacks of almost every weapon imaginable. Hundreds and hundreds of other supplies. so we stole your 3 cars, and brought our own. we was able to fill up 4 cars with crates stashed with loot and we didn't even manage to take 20% of the loot you boys are hording. For a group who claims they wish to teach people Roleplay, that will drag people during RP sessions and beg them not to bring their group into hostilities and completely rule out any sort of group conflict. I do not see any reason for this excessive hoarding. 

ALSO FYI ON ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME, I wasn't planning to do torture RP on the group because the leader already denied the permission on him in game. I was planning on trading their leader back for some weapons and ammo. as a business exchange, but I was told not to do that by skeeter as well. due to people getting close to leaving.

User has been warned for this post.