Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 15:47
Sign in to follow this  
Camo

Bipod Attachment - M4s/AKs

Posted (edited)

Fix this bug, so that players may to be allowed to detach the bipod attachment; otherwise just remove it all together from the game, until it can be.

I am all for cosmetics, but it's turning into a visual inconvenience that is unappealing.

Edited by CamoRP

It doesn't really surve a purpose, other than make your gun look a bit more flashy, so you might aswell remove it from the game untill it's fixed.

But when it's fixed it should definitely come back!

Posted (edited)

What is the point of removing it exactly? It serves no purpose currently other than cosmetic, so then why remove it?

It does not do any harm right now and allows people to slightly personalize their weapon a bit more.

-1. Purely a waste of time to do this where effort and time could be put to better use actually adding things in that are useful and not just spent removing a cosmetic.

Edited by Hunter

3 hours ago, Hunter said:

What is the point of removing it exactly? It serves no purpose currently other than cosmetic, so then why remove it?

It does not do any harm right now and allows people to slightly personalize their weapon a bit more.

-1. Purely a waste of time to do this where effort and time could be put to better use actually adding things in that are useful and not just spent removing a cosmetic.

because if you put it on your gun you can’t  take it off

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hunter said:

I understand what you're saying, but this has been a bug for quite a while. As Camo has requested, remove it until it's fixed, or just fix it. I'd personally like to be able to remove the bipod, as for me it's not really appealing. 

Edited by Challenger

The bipod attachment in general has suffered for some time now in DayZ:SA as a whole beginning back in 0.45 and it's clear it's not working well now. Admittedly however I see it as doing little to no harm in its present state, those who have the item already attached to their weapons won't have them removed by the wiping of the item from the spawn table. For those who are aware of the present glitch my only recommendation is to not attach it to the firearm of choice, but there are a few I know who like to have it present despite the lack of functionality. Overall it's harmless but if it's a simple fix to allow it to be removed from present weaponry then of course this has my +1, if it's a more complex matter which I have a suspicion it might be, then there are many more things I'd prefer to see sorted first. 

I say remove it, it's broken.