Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 20:10
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 hours, 50 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Lemons

S1 Invalid Kill - Firefight 2days - 5 Points

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: Cause a firefight that lasts upon 5-6 hours, the 10-12 Minute quiet window is not enough long enough to determine if a firefight is completley over, cause there were literally moments of silence for like 15-20 minutes were we assumed that the enemies have left and it was over. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: The firefight lasted 5+ hours and had many moments within it where there was no movement or attack from their side, so to me it felt as like it was still ongoing, I had no way of telling it was over . At no point was I informed by their party and I do not have the ability to see through walls to count if any were left. So as far as I was concerned it was ongoing , there were many 12-15 min periods of nothing during the 6 hours so how am I meant to tell the difference between them? I stand by the fact they should not of returned to the island.

Plus I'd like to Point out in that Situation about G19
Rule 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead
He Knowingly Ran into this situation, once again and got killed by me, I don't think he behaved realistically nor Appropriately. Which is pretty Nvfl,BadRP and metagaming let's be fair.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Being unbanned / removal of points and another look into the NLR / Ruleplay of the 3 that returned.

What could you have done better?: Honestly I don't know , I was the last guy alive , it made no roleplay sense for my char to start shouting out my position, knowing they were most likely out to kill me. 

Edited by Lemons
Added some additional info

Greetings @Lemons, a separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and come to a conclusion. After the firefight ended G19 and Norway return to the Island in an attempt to allegedly RP with yall. Upon approaching however you begin to open fire on them, killing G19 and restarting a firefight with Norway and the rest of Legion. Now technically, as you did not reinitiate on G19, your kill is invalid, but frankly due to the massively short window, and G19 being correctly identified as a member of the faction you thought you were still in an active engagement with, the staff team have decided that a verbal warning is more suited to the situation at hand.

Now then, before closing this, I would like to address one last thing. In the report regarding the validity of the initial initiation, video evidence was posted by @Methias from your plays.tv account regarding said initiation, but not until after the conclusion of this initial report, and roughly 2 days after this report was put up. As the validity of the initiation would have affected the outcome of this report to begin with, it should have both been posted in a timely fashion, and posted to this report as well. We do not wish to see or hear of you withholding evidence in any manner again, however we cannot prove that was your intent, and the evidence was inevitably posted. Please remember however that all video evidence must be posted promptly, and to all reports that it could affect.

//Appeal Accepted-ish. Lowered to verbal warning.