Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 11:34
Sign in to follow this  
Palatheio

Farmers Wanted [Open Frequency]

Recommended Posts

There is a few seconds of open air static before a somewhat muffled voice comes through the radio, speaking with a British accent. 

"Hi. I uh-"

There are a few more seconds of silence. 

"Basically I'm testing the waters for an idea that I've got. Basically uh-"

There is another brief pause, before he launches into what is essentially a rant.

"Winter is coming. That isn't a reference. I know it's summer now, but we've got less than six months until the first frost. We've got crops rotting on the vines out here, and all of you lot are too busy in your petty fucking squabbles to notice just how fucked we are for this year. I'm sure you remember how abundant supplies were the first winter, and the second one was pretty alright too, but this is going to be three winters in. Perishables don't last forever, you guys. We need to work together, at least some of us do, and get some farms running now. Maybe, just maybe, we'll have a harvest before winter, and we won't starve. I know how to do some of this stuff myself, but I'm going to need a lot of hands for this. We'll split everything we produce. Equal. 

There are another few seconds of dead air, perhaps sounding like he's finished, until-

"Or don't. Keep fighting each other and starve when it starts snowing. I know which one I'd rather do." 

Another brief pause.

"Uh- Over."  

Share this post


Link to post

*hears talk of farming and it grabs his attention. He finishes wiping his arse and picks up his radio, speaking in a broken english*

 

“hey, Britain farmer man…. I am farmer too. I grow vegetables yes. I am local so know well the fertile lands. Where do you living?”

 

*puts the radio back on the ground and wipes his hands on an old rag*

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Daniel almost drops the radio as the voice comes out of it. In truth he wasn't really expecting a response, merely using the radio as a means to get his frustrations out. Nevertheless, he's thrilled to hear back. 

"H- Hello! Yeah! Vegetables! I uh-"

There is a brief crinkling of paper. 

"Right now I'm staying in- Uh- Oh shit- It looks like a three? Uh- Three-an-pee-ahoe? Wait- That's a D. Uh. Three-Anpyadhoe. What does the three mean? Sorry, I can't read much Cyrillic. There's a lot of farms, just North of the military base to the North West." 

Edited by Palatheio

Share this post


Link to post

Somewhere in the background noise of Daniel's transmission is the banging of pots and pans. This is followed by thumping footsteps across floorboards, and then the slamming of a door. About twenty seconds later the door can be heard to crack open again, and an annoyed Australian man interrupts the broadcast.

"Fahckin'...Daniel, mate! Where's that...fahckin'...the thing? Where's...the thing for that other thing? I can't find it anywhere..."

Share this post


Link to post

With his finger still pressing the transmission button, Daniel responds to Beau, seemingly not noticing that it's still transmitting.

"You're gunna have to be more specific. What 'thing'? What does it do?"

Share this post


Link to post

*As Sofie swings through frequencies and stops to listen to hearing of Daniel's voice, she begins to speak with slight German accent*

"Um, hello?"

"I see there is at least someone who has other things on their mind then the amount of guns he can collect and similar shit...If you would wait at your location I am willing to come by and have a conversation with you face to face yes?"

*she stops speaking and awaits response*

Share this post


Link to post

Daniel hears the response and holds up his hand to silence Beau.

"Uh- Yeah! Yeah, someone else here who's worried about that. Top of the list type deal. Heh. I can uh- I can wait for you! I'm actually near Zelenogorsk right now. I can meet you there?" 

He takes his hand off the transmit button for a few seconds, before pushing it down again.

"Contact me when you're close. Uh- Over." 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...