Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 11:50 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 8 hours, 9 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
OpTempest

Pre-Fab Bases (Suggestion)

Adjust the Group Settlement critera to allow building in/around a set number of loot spawning structures (rule tweak, not removal).  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The above topic is the subject matter of todays suggestion.

Overall I love the idea of group settlements, I think it adds a new element to approved groups and it will definitely steer those unofficial groups into becoming official. I would like to suggest one change being made, that specifically is the rules around pre-fab bases.

The rule in question is;

No structures that spawn zombies or loot

The suggestion;

I think building your base in/around a structure really adds to the immersive aspect of the game, why Bohemia didn't allow it in the first place is beyond me. They should have always made it available to players without the need for a mod (it's not like there is a shortage of enterable buildings).

The point I have to make is that perhaps there should be a limit to how many structures (that spawn zombies or loot) as opposed to a straight up NIL. Pretty much every structure in the map spawns loot or infected, therefore this requirement makes it not possible to have a pre-fab in/around any town with the ability to utilising the structures within. Also, a single loot spawning structure simply doesn't spawn ENOUGH gear to make it imbalanced. I think limiting the rule to something like;

• 1 Medium Size Structure
  • 2 Small Structures
  • No Military
  • No Hospitals
  • Nothing OP tbh .

An example; Our group has a compound which contains one structure - it's fenced off around it with a few tents. This rule would immediately stray me away from wanting to use the Group Settlements idea, purely because we wouldn't be permitted to use the structure.

I hope this suggestion makes sense - constructive responses please 🙂

I've taken on feedback from a previous suggestion I made, and I added a poll..

And what about medical groups that wish to restore a hospital?

The issue with this adjustement is that it would become biased and would not cater to groups of all kinds, it would only satisfy one end of a spectrum.

Personally, having the group settlement requirements the way they are now is preferred in my opinion, it does not favor one group theme over another.

Now what I will say is that the group size requirements should be lower for the smaller tiers, and higher for the bigger tiers.

13 minutes ago, Ducky said:

And what about medical groups that wish to restore a hospital?

The issue with this adjustement is that it would become biased and would not cater to groups of all kinds, it would only satisfy one end of a spectrum.

Personally, having the group settlement requirements the way they are now is preferred in my opinion, it does not favor one group theme over another.

Now what I will say is that the group size requirements should be lower for the smaller tiers, and higher for the bigger tiers.

I would agree with you but my question is, would the building that the group owns, spawn loot in for them? 

1 minute ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I would agree with you but my question is, would the building that the group owns, spawn loot in for them? 

Im unsure if we are able to specifically disable loot spawning in a certain area, but we probably could.

As for the BuilderItems buildings, those do not spawn loot, hence why building in an open field is the best compromise

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Im unsure if we are able to specifically disable loot spawning in a certain area, but we probably could.

As for the BuilderItems buildings, those do not spawn loot, hence why building in an open field is the best compromise

Then I'm with you. I think the group numbers should be lower too. 

You're not allowed to PLACE objects in the editor that may spawn zombies or loot. Not that you can't build your base around objects like that.

@Roland Wasn't your stance also that you werent allowed to build in the vicinity of places where loot spawns? I.E Hospitals, Military Locations etc?

Just military locations, as stated on the thread. The rest was scrapped

5 hours ago, Roland said:

You're not allowed to PLACE objects in the editor that may spawn zombies or loot. Not that you can't build your base around objects like that.

THAT makes sense. I must have misread. That is one hundred percent understandable and with that being said, there isn't any need to adjust the rules.

If you could word it like that on the page? So that idiots like me don't get confused?