Server time (UTC): 2019-08-25, 14:33
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Where is everybody?

Posted (edited)

Last night myself and couple of colleagues were looking for some RP. We dont have a base so roamed the known hotspots for RP..... Nothing.

80 people online and we found 2 lone survivors to rp with. Both at military bases.

Loads of abandoned bases, all empty and part demolished but no people.

Is everyone hiding in the forests?

Edited by andysuter

Half of the server was probably in Cherno where Wolfpack/Legion is.

The other half, well, no idea. Some people in Kab, seen people in Novaya. Though most of the times I have trouble finding people myself.

Roleplay hotspots are more around bases, you are more than likely not going to find many people in a non player base built area, which is annoying, something needs to change with base building.

I've been all over the map homie, no one hangs around the triangle anymore its pre crazy.

I could understand it when the server had 30-40 people on but not when it was full last night (UK). Even the NWAF had just 1 looter guy on a full server. Loads of abandoned bases, most with low grade bits and pieces left behind in crates. Its like theres been rapture

You're always more than welcome to visit in Kabanino at our Runners base! (We are mostly around in the EU evenings / Afternoon US)

i think we actually came over last night. You were the only 'group' we found in the area

Oh you did? Don't recall I'm afraid but we do also get tons of visitors. 

I hang around Zeleno alot, I like it's fairly close to Cherno and close to Green mountain, I've met 5/6 people in Zeleno in my 2/3 days of playing, come up for a drink and a bite to eat tonight 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Kusken said:

Oh you did? Don't recall I'm afraid but we do also get tons of visitors. 

Yes, If youre group has a few Irish guys in it, I was with 2 other chernarussians. One of us asked a strange/shocking question at the end before we left. (cant say OOC as it will spoil things)

10 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

I hang around Zeleno alot, I like it's fairly close to Cherno and close to Green mountain, I've met 5/6 people in Zeleno in my 2/3 days of playing, come up for a drink and a bite to eat tonight 

Weve been running through Zeleno a lot recently, around the base and in the centre. Have rarely found anyone since a lot of the groups in that area have archived. I think the SW of the map is now a lot quieter than it used to be

Edited by andysuter

Posted (edited)

Nah. That's our friends from DISTRICT. Good lot. We are the ones with the yellow armbands

Edited by Kusken

This is the reason we need to get rid of basebuilding and go back to traditional group settlements.

Helps spread server pop. around rather than everyone hiding somewhere cutting down trees and building bases

When I arrived, I loved the idea of campfire RP, building a base and loads of internal Rp but now ive seen the other side of it where as an outsider you go looking for RP, I didn’t realise how much of a negative impact it has on the RP for the server. Currently its hard to even find the hi/bye RP.

Now ive seen it and experienced it, if there was a vote for dropping base building and just group settlements only, Id fully get behind that. It would encourage proper groups rather than just a few mates chopping trees and making a camp in the woods on the edge of the map

Posted (edited)

Well. I've had a fairly easy time finding RP tbh. Especially in the West. When it comes to the East there's only Polana to my knowledge. While my group is a settlement (as in trying to turn Kabanino into a Western trading hub) we get to meet a lot of people (and also offline raided quite a lot) as we allow anyone in who doesn't cause any issues. However i wouldn't really agree with getting rid of group bases. Let's take the Legion for an example. If they didn't have a place they could stock up and regroup it'd severely impact the way they'd be able to do their RP and concept.

Edited by Kusken

53 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

This is the reason we need to get rid of basebuilding and go back to traditional group settlements.

Helps spread server pop. around rather than everyone hiding somewhere cutting down trees and building bases

It's a double edged sword, I think. Building bases can give the players something to do when there's no action happening, but I guess it doesn't really encourage players to travel around that much.

It would definitely also help the server performance by quite a lot if basebuilding was removed completely. I can't remember the exact number of basebuilding objects on the servers, but it must have been in the thousands a while back, and I bet it has only risen since then. That can't be healthy for server performance.

4 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

It's a double edged sword, I think. Building bases can give the players something to do when there's no action happening, but I guess it doesn't really encourage players to travel around that much.

It would definitely also help the server performance by quite a lot if basebuilding was removed completely. I can't remember the exact number of basebuilding objects on the servers, but it must have been in the thousands a while back, and I bet it has only risen since then. That can't be healthy for server performance.

Exactly, the base building is awesome it allows people to get creative.
But then you have your base campers who just sit there all day.

So for the the sake of RP and people actually traveling, i'd say remove it.

By removing base building and only making settlements only one thing will happen with curent comunity thinking. Bigger groups gets settlements and people will move to it = nonstop raids once the settlement has been discovered. I will say keep the base building and make some kind of restrictions including amount of crates etc.

People just camp bases and don't move out of them.

Posted (edited)

People like to stay away on hidden locations to rp

Then you have hotspots that pop up then and then

People build a base and stay there just how it is 

Radio thread have some info some times 

Edited by BorisRP

For the most part I've met quite a lot of people in the more northern areas. I find the "Hubs" like Cherno/Elektro etc.. can get bloated and make it harder for solo players to initiate and instead sort of make a "clique" style system where you group up or get left behind. Plus, whilst it is a Roleplay server, people will always want some sort of stash for when they inevitably get "Dayz'd" and can get a new set of their gear without having to pay 30 pound for clothing.

Are bases an issue? I'd say no, but I'm sure that the removal and cleanup of abandoned bases should be considered. If a player can submit a report about an abandoned base perhaps an admin could look up the base creator, PM them, and solve it.

As for finding more people randomly? Honestly I would use the radio more if it wasn't Map wide and didn't have the glitch where I'm hearing/talking thru a turned off and battery-less transceiver. Maybe when radios get fixed and we can make a use for Altar/Radio Backpacks/Etc.. it will open up more possibilities for people using In-Game comms to set up roleplay.