Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 03:48
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 17 hours, 11 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
VikingHunter

Carrying

Hey there,

Well, I've had an epiphany to say the least. I have no idea if this is already a mod, or doesn't exist at all, but as someone who's role playing as a doctor I find that sometimes if I see someone fall to the floor and am unsure if they're dead or unconscious (In RP) I would like to be able to carry the body to a place I know would be able to help. This doesn't just benefit me as a doctor, I've come across people role playing as being too weak to move etc, so there's another scenario carrying someone would be valid.

Just an idea that popped into my mind, please leave your thoughts!

It is a fantastic idea that I don't think anyone really doesn't want. Issue of course is that the DayZ modding doesn't allow for it. See above for last time I remember it being brought up.

4 minutes ago, Rover said:

It is a fantastic idea that I don't think anyone really doesn't want. Issue of course is that the DayZ modding doesn't allow for it. See above for last time I remember it being brought up.

Ah, I see. Do we know why it's not yet possible @Misho? Is it to do with the game mechanics that just don't allow you to?

I would say until animation modding is released we cannot create custom animations such as carries, etc. I recall seeing a tweet by DayZ Devs noting they'd be releasing it in the future, but I think because we cannot edit that area of the game we are limited in what we can and cannot add. I would love some emotes like a Uncon State that you can apply via the emote wheel, but yeee ... We may have to wait!

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

I would say until animation modding is released we cannot create custom animations such as carries, etc. I recall seeing a tweet by DayZ Devs noting they'd be releasing it in the future, but I think because we cannot edit that area of the game we are limited in what we can and cannot add. I would love some emotes like a Uncon State that you can apply via the emote wheel, but yeee ... We may have to wait!

Ah okay, thank you! I didn't know we couldn't yet create custom animations.

1 minute ago, VikingHunter said:

Ah okay, thank you! I didn't know we couldn't yet create custom animations.

Of course! But, I think our Devs have more insight. Let's see what Misho and Kerk have to say as well. 😄

This has been brought up in several threads in the past. In the future please use the search function.

/closing