Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 09:10 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Unnecessary post?

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Spoiler

825a0464b9.png

Why the verdict is not fair: According to the warning message and rule 1.5; "Forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media."

The post made by @Roland for which my warned post was a response to was not a serious post. It was a joke, a meme and banter. His post was not of the apparent high standard nor did it add a constructive and meaningful opinion. I replied with a simple gif to express my opinion towards his post and I am warned for it as it is apparently unnecessary.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: The thread in question had already received my constructive and meaningful opinion as seen here. My post had answered the question of the OP and the OP seemed satisfied with the answer as seen here. After the OP had replied to my post, Rolle posts saying "Solution: stop text RPing :D". A post which made me chuckle and I thought I should reply. As I had already given a proper detailed response to the OPs question, I thought there would be no harm in replying to a bit of banter with a banterous meme. My first thought was replying simply with "No." however I decided to be a tad more creative and find a gif that accurately expressed my opinion of his post.

Along with Rolles post, two more posts were added to the thread, one before and one after the post for which I was warned. Both of these posts are prime examples of non-constructive, non-contributing replies... if I have been warned, why haven't they?

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Points removed and the post reinstated.

What could you have done better?: Just posted "No." instead of posting a gif, or just not posted at all.

Was just some lighthearted banter, appeal accepted & points removed.

Points should stay. We make no exceptions because it was "just banter" or a joke. CoNNor as a Legend should know this, the rule is as old as DayZRP itself.

My post was very serious and a valid opinion that accurately resolved OPs question at hand. I don't see how it was off topic or unnecessary. If my post or others in that thread were UP I'm sure people would have reported it and mod team pointed/hidden it. Besides, everyone is responsible for their own posts, you can't blame me for your rule break just because you were responding to me.