Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 19:51
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Navid

Landmines

Alright, So Landmines are only valid if they are in your base or if its used with attacker rights or defender rights but, What if you are in combat and you place a land mine at the bottom of some stairs and a Innocent bystander sets it off is it still valid do to the person running around an active area of combat? Also If you place a land mine and you die in a situation but the opposing group doesn't set it off and a person goes in the town and sets it off after the situation is that something you have to face with invalid kill or does that become an accident?  

12 minutes ago, Johnny Navid said:

Alright, So Landmines are only valid if they are in your base or if its used with attacker rights or defender rights but, What if you are in combat and you place a land mine at the bottom of some stairs and a Innocent bystander sets it off is it still valid do to the person running around an active area of combat?

If you place a landmine down and it kills anybody that you do not have valid kill rights on or is not in your base as a security/protection measure, you will receive the same punishment that you would if you had shot somebody in that situation.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Navid said:

Also If you place a land mine and you die in a situation but the opposing group doesn't set it off and a person goes in the town and sets it off after the situation is that something you have to face with invalid kill or does that become an accident?  

Situation: You place down a landmine during a firefight, the firefight ends and you forget to get rid of the landmine, an innocent guy comes into the city after 10 minutes and get's killed by the landmine.

Consequence: You invalidly killed that person, on sight.

Spoiler

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

Think of it like this. The landmine is your gun, whoever dies from your landmine is you killing that person with your gun. Would you have broken a rule if it were your gun? If so, it's a rulebreak. If not, it isn't. The difference here is that if you place it within your base and someone comes around to steal and it kills them then that would be allowed as a landmine is treated as a defensive measure when within a walled, closed off base that you own.

I hope this answered your questions. However, should you have anymore questions, feel free to fire away!

Then you get hit with invalid kill - firefight. 😄 It's a miss-id no different if you shot them 

Oh, Right on thank you ive stayed away from all land mines because of this reason. sorry for the blatant question but thank you for your time.