Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 05:45
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Zeds killing chart

Would you like to have zeds killing chart?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to make some small competition.  If i remember correctly we used to have such chart in arma mod?  Might be nice and refreshing to have such chart again with like months and years awards (maybe titles in forum after killing certain amounts of zeds?).  Nothing serious and i´m not sure if it will be possible and  for sure it would take some time. Opinions?  

Back in the mod days, I was often leader of the infected killed leaderboard, and still to this day I pride myself in killing as many as I can in every place I visit, to make it safer for other players. I also do it to promote meeting other players by making my shots heard. I think a little bit of competition wouldn't hurt, even if it's meaningless PvE.

Posted (edited)

There was this chart at some point during the mod to check ingame 😄 tried my best. hard work. but also a forum leaderboard one yea. would be nice to have it back, if its even trackable

24.png.711eefab7e20046bb972534d4e60e216.png

Edited by RoCKiE

Would promote nice friendly competition to do some good old pve  

Posted (edited)

Did someone say PvE bragging rights?

miXcep7.png.eca1e41f21c489c68e6f942a5d431103.png

Jokes aside, I think it doesn't actually add anything to the roleplay factor. In fact, I feel it might promote a more "game-y" style of playing with trying to compete for certain PvE "achievements" or "titles" of vying for top spots in some category. Then again (since we already have this in some capacity, that being "time played") it could lead to more activity and create incentive. There's upsides and downsides to it.

If it could be added just for the sake of tracking without any awards attached to it I'd be all for it, but right now it leaves me a little too conflicted to give it a +1 or -1. I'll be interested to see more people's feedback on this, however.

Edited by Kenyi

I like this. Purely for my own reason plus would be interesting to keep count, 

This is already on our todo development roadmap, among other player statistics like time alive, food and water consumed, damage dealt and received.

23 minutes ago, Roland said:

damage dealt

interested.gif.60907b18d5452c734696cd29ae096c7c.gif

I think a zombies killed record would be fantastic. Really like that idea. 

Would definitely bring healthier competition. 

Bragging rights on who has cleaned up Chernarus from infected the most? I'm down!

1 hour ago, Roland said:

This is already on our todo development roadmap, among other player statistics like time alive, food and water consumed, damage dealt and received.

Nice, can't wait to see this is implemented 😉 . It will be great to see these statistics in the future.

I'm on board but I'm a bit of a stats nerd so maybe it won't be as important to others.

If it looks anything like the above book from the mod (pipe dream?) It would be cool to be able to tell people in rp your count.

Question I'd have:. Would it be specific to each character?  Or forum profile?  Each character would be my choice.

BTW, the game already tracks this, it's just a matter of fetching the info and dumping it.

03378CEAAE3697FBF2A4E3672F0DA486DFB86F3D.jpg.e1ca3cb86eb5104735a65c78fc4c75bb.jpg

On 8/3/2019 at 2:02 AM, OldSchool said:

BTW, the game already tracks this, it's just a matter of fetching the info and dumping it.

03378CEAAE3697FBF2A4E3672F0DA486DFB86F3D.jpg.e1ca3cb86eb5104735a65c78fc4c75bb.jpg

That shit right there my mans is insanely inaccurate. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

That shit right there my mans is insanely inaccurate. 

What part of what I said is insanely inaccurate? Please share with us your insight, thanks.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood that the stats are inaccurate, not my post, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by OldSchool

On 8/3/2019 at 3:02 AM, OldSchool said:

The information is frequently just plain wrong.

Mine tells me I've killed like 200 players. In my entire time on DayZ I think I've killed 2 or three, and only one of those was in the last year.

3 minutes ago, Rover said:

The information is frequently just plain wrong.

Mine tells me I've killed like 200 players. In my entire time on DayZ I think I've killed 2 or three, and only one of those was in the last year.

Thanks for the insight, I was not aware. Maybe it also adds stats from pub servers, that could explain the inaccuracies.

4 hours ago, OldSchool said:

What part of what I said is insanely inaccurate? Please share with us your insight, thanks.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood that the stats are inaccurate, not my post, sorry for the confusion.

It’s all good homie. It was aimed toward the stats, indeed. 

I dont see why not. I think it would be fun and cool addition to the mod.