Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 20:10
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 hours, 50 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Powers

S1: Bad RP in Devils Castle - 2019-08-01 19:00

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 PC, Devils Castle

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-08-01 19:00

Your in game name: John Powers 

Names of allies involved: Huntie Wolf, Jordan Hutson, John Westby,  may others i am new to the group but when i saw a guy sawing stuff in our base i asked them if any of us are in the base.

Name of suspect/s:  n/a 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  n/a

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  n/a

Detailed description of the events: 

I had to initiate on a Character that was sawing off a wall inside our base.
It was quite clear that we are online since the base is extending every day.
After talking a bit he started to walk away.
I had the guy on my iron sight and he then killed me before i saw any animation.
This might cased by lags or ping but i doubt it since there is not much lag going on around Devil'sCastle.
his hand started to move and in the same second a bullet shots out of his shoulder.
His hand didn't touch the gun.
Sadly my shadow play could not save the replay because of a full hd.
I reported this part only for the record.
I hate to have a game ruined by cheating and i rather report one experience to much then one to less in order to get rid of the bad apples.
This should be the first and last report without my Shadow Play on.
I set it all up now!

Anyhow what i want to report this:

1.  Rule 4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. ect.

2. Bad RP - I had the guy in front of me with my iron sight on his head. if he moved id kill him in real life you would not grab your gun and try. He was faster due to lag or cheating.

3. I feel baited in to a situation where my character only could die, either i try to defend or let them grief. 
He moved towards the center of the base and i saw heads popping up behind the walls as they didn't got an aim on me he decided to just kill me.
So this was a clear bait to kill me. No Rp what so ever.  No other outcome then me die. And that all due to his lies. he said he crawled in and all i wanted was him to crawl back out. Since he could not do that he had to kill me. but then i am shure i died anyways because of the tower outside and all the people he brought with him. 

4. Greifing, there is no preserved reason why they should attack and rob me or our group. No RP was going on to be share a fun experience. 

The way the rules work i had almost no chance to get anything out of this, later we found out they where around 6 people. 
In order to get defenders right i had to go to him and initiate, this means as long as you are alone in the base you can surrender because they are just overwelming you with manpower at that point and you have to either hide... and if you just hide and they rob you it would be griefing in my opinion.
I don`t know the rules are wired but i think i acted all within the rules and it lead to a vanilla experience no even worse there at least i had killed one of them.
Should there be a reason to attack a base?
On an RP server this is the location where your RP is located and therefore a bit sacred, my nbc gear my suits guns the rp equip. 
Specialy a large group of player should come up with a reason to attack and execute people there.

My English is not the best so i spend the last 30 min to write this text here. 
Wish i could add a Video 😞

Edited by Powers
Had to correct everything and get the right template on.

Use the template provided here. You have 24 hours to make the changes, otherwise this report will be closed.

Posted (edited)

I would like to bring up that during the entire situation at least 2 individuals who owned the base logged in and immediately opened fire w/o initiating a solid 10-15 minutes AFTER this fella was killed. Will post my POV soon as i'm still in game but just figured GMs should know.

Edited by APositivePara

14 minutes ago, APositivePara said:

I would like to bring up that during the entire situation at least 2 individuals who owned the base logged in and immediately opened fire w/o initiating a solid 10-15 minutes AFTER this fella was killed. Will post my POV soon as i'm still in game but just figured GMs should know.

Sadly we did not log in 10-15 minutes later, we were informed whilst having been online for a good hour before running up.
Taking a good 10-15 minutes.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, unforgiven389 said:

Sadly we did not log in 10-15 minutes later, we were informed whilst having been online for a good hour before running up.

Then i apologise, it seemed suspicious that you were in the tower we had cleared previously.

Edit: These guys are chill that were involved with the 2nd half. I understand the confusion and I myself am now confused.

Edited by APositivePara

Posted (edited)

Hello, I was the person that ended you and here is my POV:

Was walking up to Severo when I hear shooting at the castle. I go to RP and see what's up when I bump into the OP on top of the tower. I asked him if that is his place and he says no and tells me that "He is new to the server". Seeing as I just got told it is not his place I walk in and take a look at some stuff. I then grab a hacksaw and go brake a gate that had at least -10 fps of crates inside. As I am breaking the lock the OP comes up with a gun in his hands so I stop. We talk for a bit and then he initiates on me and tells me to show him the hole in the wall. I decide not to kill the guy on the spot and see if there is another way. As I move towards the wall , he spots someone and tells me I have 3 seconds to get out and starts counting. At this point I knew I had to put this man down, so I quickly draw my MP7 and kill him.

47 minutes ago, Powers said:

Bad RP - I had the guy in front of me with my iron sight on his head. if he moved id kill him in real life you would not grab your gun and try. He was faster due to lag or cheating.

Defending myself is not BadRP. You saying "I am new to the server" is the definition of BadRP tho. Also, saying "I sucked dick to get in here" is not really that great either. There was no lag/cheating, I just pulled a gun and shot you with it.

47 minutes ago, Powers said:

I feel baited in to a situation where my character only could die, ofc i try to defend or let them grief. 
He moved torts the center of the base and i saw heads popping up behind the walls. but they didn't got an aim on me. So this was a clear bait to kill me. No Rp what so ever.

There was no attempted to bait. You literally told me it is not your base so I started to raid it. The moment you showed up with a gun, I stopped cutting the lock. Would you have told me that it is your place and wanted me to go, I would have initiated myself or got out and brought the boys.

29 minutes ago, unforgiven389 said:

There was no previous RP between you and the OP as the OP has been sitting all be himself in the base for a good while. As such you are not a dynamic group and do not share attacking rights.

I will be gone from tomorrow till Monday. I might be able to reply from my phone if needed although no promises.

Edited by AndreyQ

I am happy to close the report, we solved it by discord discussion.

It seems that the situation could have been better role played and i take my blame for that, i literally just woke up and was overwhelmed with the situation.

We are glad you could discuss this situation out and resolve it, we will now close this report as requested.

/Closed

signed: @Realize & @Samti