Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 10:00
Sign in to follow this  
unforgiven389

New and updated rules for base defenders

As it currently stands, those owning bases are at a huge disadvantage.
People can just walk up to your gates, saw the locks and walk in or they can just boost over the walls and walk around.
As it stands I would also state that rule 3.7 is constantly being broken when people perform such actions.

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming. Certain extreme role play like rape is not allowed at all and is considered power gaming regardless of consent.

When people are breaking into a base they force an action, which is then an initiation.
Also rule 4.10

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

This rule already allows traps to kill people breaking into the base, but the players are not allowed to defend it.

So what I would suggest is to define the rules what the base defenders can do and if sawing code locks or jumping the walls is a hostile action, as currently it's a huge grey area with a rule constantly being broken.

I understand that protecting the thief from kos is that a possible rp situation can happen and that he wont just get kosed when he tries to roleplay as a thief.
I think this is more abused that any good, in the wastelands if you are a bad person death is what you get and this rule only regulates the victim.
Specially large groups abuse their overwhelming man power to just go their way and give you the vanilla experience no real role play value there. 

If the admins think this is the way it could be better explanation in the rules why and how you should role play it out.
Not everyone understands that violation of real life logic right away.

Now the Raider don't have to do anything when he wants to raid your base, the defender on the other hand has to initiate first.
So if you are defending you have to walk up to them or give your position away to initiate. 
This of course will always lead to a violent hostile situation because they are up for a hostile situation in the first place, i think this is true in most of the cases a regular rp thief can sing while sawing or stealing to make clear he wants to rp.
The zerg is protected by the rules and here we go the vanilla experience once again.
I would love to see a Role play community once thrive on a working community instead of zergs getting their way. 

Protect the reasonable Rp Constructs against unreasonable destruction. 
Use the Construct tool to attract more non violent Role players. 

To build a reasonable base for a group should have RP value and therefore be protected.
However if a Base fails to give any rp value for the server then it should be a Raidable 
I think a possible way would be a way to approve a base just like you have to approve a Clan.

You've gravely been misinformed on the rules if you believe this is the case. About to drive home. Will explain further shortly.

Wait so breaking into a base is power gaming? I think you are misreading the rules lad.

Okay so first things first, breaking into a base is not powergaming. Period. Good, now that that is out of the way...

So the base confusion here seems to be whether or not you can defend your base, and depending on the circumstances, yes you can. If you are present at your base before the breakin is started, and the person who is attempting to break in is aware of both your immediate presence as well as the fact that you are, in fact, the owner of the base, but still attempts to break in, then they have committed a hostile act against you.

What you may not do is come upon someone in the process of breaking in or after they've already broken in, and then kill them for breaking into your base, as, since you weren't present at the time the break in commenced to identify the base as yours, they have no idea they are directly committing a hostile action against you. Similarly you cannot log in and find someone breaking in, or observe someone breaking in from a distance, and kill them, because again at the time the break in commenced they didn't know who's base they were breaking into. Lastly you cannot simply sit in the backroom of your base and wait for someone to break in unaware of your presence, and then shoot them once they try.

Now a case could also be made that, and let's use the wolf pack's base here for an example, if someone is aware that the wolf pack are present at their base, but they still decide to break in, or attempt to break in to get the people to initiate on them so their friends can fight back, that they are baiting. 

But yeah, tl;dr, if you are at your base and someone then runs up aware of your presence and still decides to knock on your walls with an axe... yeah just shoot them. So long as you've made contact with a person before the attempt starts and they are made aware the base belongs to you, then they are committing a hostile action against you.

Posted (edited)

In general I should be allowed to shoot someone who is breaking into my base he is fully aware of what he's trying to do and anyone that says they ain't confuses me.
On the topic of powergaming it ain't, there is no permanent status being forced on you only gear being stolen or nails going missing.

Edited by Eagle

19 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

Okay so first things first, breaking into a base is not powergaming. Period. Good, now that that is out of the way...

So the base confusion here seems to be whether or not you can defend your base, and depending on the circumstances, yes you can. If you are present at your base before the breakin is started, and the person who is attempting to break in is aware of both your immediate presence as well as the fact that you are, in fact, the owner of the base, but still attempts to break in, then they have committed a hostile act against you.

What you may not do is come upon someone in the process of breaking in or after they've already broken in, and then kill them for breaking into your base, as, since you weren't present at the time the break in commenced to identify the base as yours, they have no idea they are directly committing a hostile action against you. Similarly you cannot log in and find someone breaking in, or observe someone breaking in from a distance, and kill them, because again at the time the break in commenced they didn't know who's base they were breaking into. Lastly you cannot simply sit in the backroom of your base and wait for someone to break in unaware of your presence, and then shoot them once they try.

Now a case could also be made that, and let's use the wolf pack's base here for an example, if someone is aware that the wolf pack are present at their base, but they still decide to break in, or attempt to break in to get the people to initiate on them so their friends can fight back, that they are baiting. 

But yeah, tl;dr, if you are at your base and someone then runs up aware of your presence and still decides to knock on your walls with an axe... yeah just shoot them. So long as you've made contact with a person before the attempt starts and they are made aware the base belongs to you, then they are committing a hostile action against you.

"the person who is attempting to break in is aware of both your immediate presence as well as the fact that you are, in fact, the owner of the base"  why ?
He is comiting a crime against my character and one may is able to proof that. that is the only confusion and strange thing about it. in real life you would shoot someone. 
A solo defender has no chance against a big group because he can not hide and shoot. 

This isn't real life. This is a community meant and designed to promote roleplay. Shooting someone in the head without making any attempt to roleplay out the situation is contrary to the core values of said community.

1 hour ago, Powers said:

"the person who is attempting to break in is aware of both your immediate presence as well as the fact that you are, in fact, the owner of the base"  why ?
He is comiting a crime against my character and one may is able to proof that. that is the only confusion and strange thing about it. in real life you would shoot someone. 
A solo defender has no chance against a big group because he can not hide and shoot. 

As i said to you earlier, as did @SquirtleKitty and @Mugin, there are multiple ways out of a raid that involve RP. If you're a solo man building a huge base like you did isn't wise. As we told you earlier, you had numerous ways out of that situation that didn't result in your death, like not initiating on a guy who was just inside your base. You can never pull the IRL card either bc every person is different and every situation is different. Real life and a game are v different things.