Server time (UTC): 2020-01-22, 03:33 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Franny

Coloured military gear?

Coloured military gear?   

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Except it doesn't, it is SYMBOLIC of eastern militias and military.

Additionally, if we start mixing and matching like this expect to see a full set of neon pink camouflage and plate carriers

Without the camo it isn't really SYMBOLIC to anything. Are you saying that no other jacket in the world has a similar looking design apart from the color. I'm not invested enough in this to search for one but i'm a 100% sure they're out there. Why does it offend you so much? You're not a part of an eastern militia or military and even if you were I don't see why it would offend you so. If someone would resking the model of a Finnish military uniform to look like a civilian one in a videogame (which would be a bit harder) it would not offend me in any way.

The second argument of "if we allow this what will be next" is just silly. No, this will not lead to pink plate carriers and you know it.

3 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Lets go away from reality here, this is an Apocalypse Roleplaying community and ultimately we could use more civilian clothing. I'd completely agree if this was MilSim, but it isn't. As far as I am aware, it's quite difficult to make brand new jackets in quickly, so there's a shorter solution by re-skinning clothing. 

You need to put your military shoes away, and accept that we are needing more civilian styled clothes. You're taking this way too seriously about different coloured jackets, which do not resemble "The Clothing of Eastern Militias & Military".

I agree completely, thus the reason I got out the T-shirts I have worn for the last couple days to prove a point that that's more the kind of things I'd like to see as opposed to something that's identical to a military one. 

Just military shit is boring.

Just now, Osku said:

Without the camo it isn't really SYMBOLIC to anything. Are you saying that no other jacket in the world has a similar looking design apart from the color. I'm not invested enough in this to search for one but i'm a 100% sure they're out there. Why does it offend you so much? You're not a part of an eastern militia or military and even if you were I don't see why it would offend you so. If someone would resking the model of a Finnish military uniform to look like a civilian one in a videogame (which would be a bit harder) it would not offend me in any way.

The second argument of "if we allow this what will be next" is just silly. No, this will not lead to pink plate carriers and you know it.

The only civilian gorka styled jacket available online is a cheap japanese knock off in neon colours meant for hype beasts.

And it wasnt made until 2019.

I believe it is silly, atrocious and completely pointless since we already have windbreakers in the game.

Why not retexture those instead of Gorka Jackets? Its nonsensical

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Like I said, hoodies are in a category of being used by everyone, not strictly military not strictly civilian.

However I used it as an example of something that is Strictly fitting in one category, being forced into a category it has no business being in.

The Gorka Set is a military set, changing its colour to a nonsensical pattern does not change what it is, it is still an iconic, symbolic military jacket representing militias in the east.

Im not saying we shouldnt do civilian clothes.

We should, however we should use existing civilian clothes and re-texture them, not take an item from a different category and try to dress it up to look like something it isnt

Mate its literally just a jacket, relax 👍 I've had many jackets that look identical to the Gorka one, and before you ask. I am not apart of an eastern militia.

1 minute ago, cheeks said:

you could use the hiking jacket to reskin instead of the gorka jacket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or you know, we could have more variety by having different jackets re-skinned? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Challenger

use civi jackets so that colourful jackets arent mixed up with military spawns, if devs separate the two thats chill

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The only civilian gorka styled jacket available online is a cheap japanese knock off in neon colours meant for hype beasts.

And it wasnt made until 2019.

I believe it is silly, atrocious and completely pointless since we already have windbreakers in the game.

Why not retexture those instead of Gorka Jackets? Its nonsensical

Look at the images of the reskinned ones and tell me what exactly what makes them "Gorka" in your opinion now that they don't have the pattern anymore. What is the "gorka styled jacket" and how exactly does it differ from other jackets. From the looks of it, its just a bit more wrinkly...thats it

Just now, groovy stannis said:

use civi jackets so that colourful jackets arent mixed up with military spawns, if devs separate the two thats chill

Now here is actually a good argument against them, that I can get behind.

44 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Mate its literally just a jacket, relax 👍 I've had many jackets that look identical to the Gorka one, and before you ask. I am not apart of an eastern militia.

Man I am getting Chedaki flashbacks, we are not allowed to wear anything!

Good work from @wirpy

However I am kinda done with reskins being so nice and bright. Its an apocalypse! Maybe make clothes more apocalyptic like instead of them being clean as fuck 😛 

6 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Man I am getting Chedaki flashbacks, we are not allowed to wear anything!

Good work from @wirpy

However I am kinda done with reskins being so nice and bright. Its an apocalypse! Maybe make clothes more apocalyptic like instead of them being clean as fuck 😛 

I could rough them up a bit, add some scratches and dirt. 

Nice point with the colour but bright colours do exist in real life so why not in-game as well ? 

47 minutes ago, groovy stannis said:

The spawn can be tweaked so they don't spawn in military so that's not a problem. To add onto that, the name and description on them are changed.

The only similiarty my reskin has with the actual military gorka one is the model. 

I said no because I'd rather have actual civilian clothing models instead of re-textured military. Also, I don't know how much control there is over spawning of clothing, but having those recolored civilian versions spawn in the same place as the military would be really bad.

1 minute ago, OldSchool said:

I said no because I'd rather have actual civilian clothing models instead of re-textured military. Also, I don't know how much control there is over spawning of clothing, but having those recolored civilian versions spawn in the same place as the military would be really bad.

Spawning is not a problem, you can change so that It would only spawn in civilian loot areas and remove it from the military pool. 

I think they look amazing. Good work @wirpy Don't worry about what others say.

2 hours ago, Challenger said:

Why can't they just be used as civilian styled jackets, e.g Mountain Jackets, Hiking Jackets, Rain Jackets etc?

I really don't see the problem with this?

I agree dude.. I just don't see how this is even remotely an issue. The more clothes the better tbh.

2 hours ago, Challenger said:

I mean, everyday people complain about the lack of variety in Civilian clothing. As soon as @wirpy creates a nice looking civilian styled jacket, everyone goes off on one?

That's mostly because the only people who lay into this kinda style are the people that only play as chernarussians and believe anything western is lore breaking, when infact tourism brings in a whole new world of clothing options. But to them if it's not chernarussian, it shouldn't be a thing. 

They jackets look cool, good work!

I run everything i make by Rolle before adding it and if he says it good, its good.. and going in-game, that being said .. if a poll is made and it gets in favor and then Rolle asks me to remove something i made, then ill gladly do it.. until then it stays.. and if @wirpy made these and Rolle said its fine then its his say and basically nobody else's..

So if you want something removed.. persuade @Roland or the Dev who made the item(s).. you or your group of friends disliking certain items, regardless of your points and views.. have practically no sway and will not get an item not implemented or removed unless Rolle says so.

End of Discussion.

// solved

Honestly, the jackets look good and can be used to expand the choices of outfits a person wants to use or make for their character. Especially since current DayZ alone doesn't really have much but I may be wrong on that part.

2 hours ago, Osku said:

Now you just made me sad. 😞

s-l640.jpg

4 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

Now you just made me sad. 😞

s-l640.jpg

Looks fucking awesome. I wouldnt mind going into combat with this. @Watchman or @wirpy can you make this just to spite @Ducky?

Spoiler

Disclaimer: even though we completely and fundamentaly disagree on the topic, me and Ducky have no issues with eachother and love eachother very much. This isnt flaming.

No way people are mad because wirpy made colored Gorka jackets when they are essentially wind breakers. There is already a "South Face" version of it so it seams like its not so "Military" as people are saying if it already has civilian variants

Edited by Jorrdan

1 minute ago, Jorrdan said:

No way people are mad because wirpy made colored Gorka jackets when they are essentially wind breakers. There is already a "South Face" version of it so it seams like its not so "Military" as people are saying if it has civilian variants

It's just because some people just don't like anything that doesn't fit into chernarus in their eyes. That's literally the only reason.

A130F11F-2E16-4074-B13B-D9A950EC8636.jpeg.abc10a9e0287f291e7cbf61a9c237c6a.jpeg

RIP Armbands. Who needs a piece of colored cloth on their arm when they can wear a bright colored jacket with their color of choice. Guess they’ll just be easier to spot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It's just because some people just don't like anything that doesn't fit into chernarus in their eyes. That's literally the only reason.

Realism is important, especially on a serious RP server. There is already plenty of items I had to shake my head to.

Ripped jeans, edgy "teeth" surgical masks, and skeleton converse shoes simply do not fit a post apocalyptic ex soviet state, just to name a few.

As much as I appreciate the devs work, i think theres other clothing-variants that could be worked on, instead of making the gorka jackets colorful. Will be awkward finding those at VMC etc.

54 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I mean, you say this like that's a problem? As if wanting to roleplay in a believable ex Soviet state is something that should be frowned upon?

As PatZ said...

6 minutes ago, groovy PatZ said:

Ripped jeans, edgy "teeth" surgical masks, and skeleton converse shoes simply do not fit a post apocalyptic ex soviet state, just to name a few

Look, I don't mind the use of Gorkas being used for civilian clothing but, to no offense towards Wirpy, these look way too basic for me to like. That's my own opinion, of course.

I mean, does it matter that we get more stuff? Be grateful that we actually have developers who take initiative to do these things for the community and the fact that we get extra stuff.

people complaining about multi coloured jackets ig? When did variety become a bad thing I'm all for it.