Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 14:55
Sign in to follow this  
Franny

Coloured military gear?

Coloured military gear?   

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So, I have seen the new Gorka jackets and sneek-peek and while I'm all for a big variety of clothing and usually really love the stuff the Devs put out, I kinda have my trouble with these. 

f2s4KEI.png

They just don't really make sense to me? As in: I don't think that there should be coloured military gear. There are enough civilian clothes to make retextures of that would fit way better and are not immersion-breaking. 

Just wanna hear what everyone else thinks about this. Colourful military-gear jay or nay? 

Edited by Franny

Share this post


Link to post

Why can't they just be used as civilian styled jackets, e.g Mountain Jackets, Hiking Jackets, Rain Jackets etc?

I really don't see the problem with this?

Share this post


Link to post

The Gorka is an iconic symbol of Eastern Militias and Militaries.

It is used by military and hunters.

It is not a god damn windbreaker, we have the PCU5's for that.

ztpzyGm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ducky said:

The Gorka is an iconic symbol of Eastern Militias and Militaries.

It is used by military and hunters.

It is not a god damn windbreaker, we have the PCU5's for that.

ztpzyGm.jpg

I mean, everyday people complain about the lack of variety in Civilian clothing. As soon as @wirpy creates a nice looking civilian styled jacket, everyone goes off on one?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2019 at 8:00 PM, Challenger said:

I mean, everyday people complain about the lack of variety in Civilian clothing. As soon as @wirpy creates a nice looking civilian styled jacket, everyone goes off on one?

Because its not.

It's a military jacket in civilian colours.

 

It should be a civilian jacket in civilian colours.

 

Im sure some of you memelords out there would be happy if we added this.

 

mens-camouflage-suit-image3.jpg

 

A civilian set in military colours, which in my eyes is atrocious.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Challenger said:

I mean, everyday people complain about the lack of variety in Civilian clothing. As soon as @wirpy creates a nice looking civilian styled jacket, everyone goes off on one?

No it's a re-skinned military jacket.

I'd like actual civilian clothes outside of just re-skinning something military and calling it something it isn't.

Give me civilian clothes like this. 

 

20190801_140609.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

- USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -

Okay, by this logic, we should go ahead and remove the Flecktarn hoodie? That's civilian clothing, and shouldn't have military camouflage. Keep your camouflage too your military clothing please.

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't there a Gorka jacket that was re-textured to a South Face jacket, which is essentially a civilian jacket?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Challenger said:

Okay, by this logic, we should go ahead and remove the Flecktarn hoodie? That's a civilian clothing, and shouldn't have camouflage. Keep your camouflage too your military clothing please.

Some items are used by both, hoodies are unanimously used by soldiers, special forces and every day people. Same with T-Shirts, they are for everyone.

But military clothing is designed for combat and utility, not casual civilian wear.

 

What we need is civilian jackets in variety.

Not military jackets disguised as civilian jackets.

1 minute ago, Rutkiy said:

Isn't there a Gorka jacket that was re-textured to a South Face jacket, which is essentially a civilian jacket?

There is, and it genuinely shouldnt have been there, much like the neon shit aeryes made way back which was removed because it was hideous.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ducky said:

Some items are used by both, hoodies are unanimously used by soldiers, special forces and every day people. Same with T-Shirts, they are for everyone.

But military clothing is designed for combat and utility, not casual civilian wear.

 

What we need is civilian jackets in variety.

Not military jackets disguised as civilian jackets.

So why do we have South Face Gorka Jackets then? Can we expect this to be removed from the game? If we already have civilian styled Gorka jackets, why can't we have more?

@Major I'd like your opinion on this as well please.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Challenger said:

So why do we have South Face Gorka Jackets then? Can we expect this to be removed from the game? If we already have civilian styled Gorka jackets, why can't we have more?

@Major I'd like your opinion on this as well please.

Im advocating for its removal, considering we have an IDENTICAL black gorka jacket, that does not have the logo.

I dont mind designer clothes dont get me wrong, but it needs to be actual civilian clothes.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Challenger said:

So why do we have South Face Gorka Jackets then? Can we expect this to be removed from the game? If we already have civilian styled Gorka jackets, why can't we have more?

@Major I'd like your opinion on this as well please.

I'd rather have a different jacket modeled to resemble it instead of a military jacket. 

Just because it's in the mod doesn't mean we have to retcon it, I'm just getting tired of re-skin after re-skin and merging of two categories that should be separate.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rutkiy said:

Isn't there a Gorka jacket that was re-textured to a South Face jacket, which is essentially a civilian jacket?

I was just about to add this but you beat me too it.

Lets have twitch shirts and Rolles face on a shirt but not some jackets reskinned to look like coloured windbreakers, right.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ryan Shepherd said:

I was just about to add this but you beat me too it.

Lets have twitch shirts and Rolles face on a shirt but not some jackets reskinned to look like coloured windbreakers, right.

You make it sound like we agree with those.

I heavily disagree with the twitch shirts and the el-presidente shirt.

I dont believe it has a place here.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

There is, and it genuinely shouldnt have been there, much like the neon shit aeryes made way back which was removed because it was hideous.

Yet, the South Face jacket has been in game for quite a while and nobody has had any problems with it

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ducky said:

You make it sound like we agree with those.

I heavily disagree with the twitch shirts and the el-presidente shirt.

I dont believe it has a place here.

Well they are in the game so someone must of agreed.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rutkiy said:

Yet, the South Face jacket has been in game for quite a while and nobody has had any problems with it

I've always had a problem with it, but considering it was a single item that usually has the logo covered up anyway it wasnt worth making a huge fuss over

 

However, now that we are starting to make more senseless stuff, its a problem that needs addressing.

Just now, Ryan Shepherd said:

Well they are in the game so someone must of agreed.

Someone agreed to add Aeryes Neon Coloured Seizure Collection too, and it was on stable for a while until it was removed.

Quality checks exist, but they dont necessarily work all the time, hence this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Major said:

I'd rather have a different jacket modeled to resemble it instead of a military jacket. 

Just because it's in the mod doesn't mean we have to retcon it, I'm just getting tired of re-skin after re-skin and merging of two categories that should be separate.

I understand what you're saying, but I am probably being a bit naive saying this, but is it not quite hard to make a completely new jacket? Hence why some jackets in-game are being re-skinned.

@Misho might be able to shed some light on what I've said above. 

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like a normal hiking jacket to me. If you didn't know it was a reskin of a Gorka jacket you wouldn't think twice about it. Nothing really screams military about the design of it, just a jacket. What exactly is wrong with it? Is it a matter of principle? And if so why??

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Challenger said:

I understand what you're saying, but I am probably being a bit naive saying this, but is it not quite hard to make a completely new jacket? Hence why some jackets in-game are being re-skinned.

@Misho might be able to shed some light on what I've said above. 

I don't know, but the vast majority of what's been added is just reskins of existing stuff because that's easier than adding a model and a texture as Misho has done. He's the only one who can do that as of now.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
Just now, Osku said:

Looks like a normal hiking jacket to me. If you didn't know it was a reskin of a Gorka jacket you wouldn't think twice about it. Nothing really screams military about the design of it, just a jacket. What exactly is wrong with it? Is it a matter of principle? And if so why??

Couldn't agree more with this post. Hits the nail on the head.

Edited by Challenger

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Osku said:

Looks like a normal hiking jacket to me. If you didn't know it was a reskin of a Gorka jacket you wouldn't think twice about it. Nothing really screams military about the design of it, just a jacket. What exactly is wrong with it? Is it a matter of principle? And if so why??

Except it doesn't, it is SYMBOLIC of eastern militias and military.

Additionally, if we start mixing and matching like this expect to see a full set of neon pink camouflage and plate carriers

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

- USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -

Also, this isn't really a good example at all. First of all its the complete opposite of what were talking about (civilian clothes in military camo). Also this is just the most ridiculous one you could find to try to prove a point. I myself have a BDU style hoodie which doesn't look nearly as ridiculous as this.

image.png.821faa0c57e94485d96678b175a0205d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Except it doesn't, it is SYMBOLIC of eastern militias and military.

Additionally, if we start mixing and matching like this expect to see a full set of neon pink camouflage and plate carriers

Lets go away from reality here, this is an Apocalypse Roleplaying community and ultimately we could use more civilian clothing. I'd completely agree if this was MilSim, but it isn't. As far as I am aware, it's quite difficult to make brand new jackets in quickly, so there's a shorter solution by re-skinning clothing. 

You need to put your military shoes away, and accept that we are needing more civilian styled clothes. You're taking this way too seriously about different coloured jackets, which do not resemble "The Clothing of Eastern Militias & Military".

Edited by Challenger

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Osku said:

Also, this isn't really a good example at all. First of all its the complete opposite of what were talking about (civilian clothes in military camo). Also this is just the most ridiculous one you could find to try to prove a point. I myself have a BDU style hoodie which doesn't look nearly as ridiculous as this.

image.png.821faa0c57e94485d96678b175a0205d.png

Like I said, hoodies are in a category of being used by everyone, not strictly military not strictly civilian.

However I used it as an example of something that is Strictly fitting in one category, being forced into a category it has no business being in.

 

The Gorka Set is a military set, changing its colour to a nonsensical pattern does not change what it is, it is still an iconic, symbolic military jacket representing militias in the east.

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

Lets go away from reality here, this is an Apocalypse Roleplaying community and ultimately we could use more civilian clothing. I'd completely agree if this was MilSim, but it isn't. As far as I am aware, it's quite difficult to make brand new jackets in quickly, so there's a shorter solution by re-skinning clothing. 

You need to put your military shoes away, and accept that we are needing more civilian styled clothes. You're taking this way too seriously about different coloured jackets, which do not resemble "The Clothing of Eastern Militias & Military".

Im not saying we shouldnt do civilian clothes.

We should, however we should use existing civilian clothes and re-texture them, not take an item from a different category and try to dress it up to look like something it isnt

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...