Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:10
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

Add another BULL-PUP rifle?

Which Bullpup would you like?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the United Nations got involved in the situation in Chernerus, we have seen only a handful of weapons used by UN forces. These weapons do not fully represent the many nations of the UN. I suggest adding other commonly found weapons weapons in other UN Nations military. They are all bull-pup rifles because these nations love their bull-pups. A "Bull-pup" rifle is a rifle that has the action and chamber in the rear behind the trigger and close to the butt-stock. These rifles grew in popularity due to the rise in urban warfare. The bull-pup concept had been used many times but the first successful rifle to incorporate the bull-pup design was the famous Sturmgewehr 77 or Steyr AUG made by Austria in 1978. It was adopted first by Australia and never gained the popularity it deserves likely due to being ahead of its time. Here are some rifles that followed this ideology. 

1. United Kingdom offers the Royal Small Arms Factory Enfield, L85 A2 chambered in 5.56x45. This weapon has had one of the worst history in small arms history. With so many problems that many soldiers would rather return to their old weapons weapons used in the Falklands than pick up one of these rifles. But the rifle is proof of Britain's stubborn determination. Heckler & Koch were brought in to rebuild the rifle and make it work. And now we have the far more successful successor to the rifle, the beautifully British L85 A2! 
ics-ics-l85a2-aeg.jpg.c4e6e72291078421d2b664c65ce548ae.jpg

sa801-black-1200x928.jpg.3b21df4f3fcd8c49b7dc7173a4e5e65d.jpg

2. France offers the GIAT Ind. (Groupement des Industries de l'Armée de Terre: Army Industries Group) FAMAS G2 chambered in 5.56x45. Nick named "the bugal" for it's odd looking features, this Frenchy has the reliability that speaks up for bull-pup rifles. France has a history of making odd looking rifles but they are reliable. 
famas-g2-bullpup-action-rifle-3d-model-low-poly-obj-3ds-fbx-stl-blend-mtl.thumb.png.b05018921080f5edfa11a428d4d70a58.png

6811412492_b778d3b360_b.jpg.b5ec06ed6b29d6309eafb7f03ca1109d.jpg

2c65b466f1b4f1aa6f952c0a7b4e5684.jpg.7bfa768d6df090c81dcd17d7b3e5ccff.jpg

3. Israel offers the IWI (Israeli Weapons Industry) Tavor X95 chambered in 5.56x45. When your country is surrounded by nations that hate you, you learn to build a good rifle fast. Being the predecessor of the Galil rifle, this bull-pup is very reliable and can handle all sandy and snowy conditions that this planet has to offer. 
image561182-81b44556cf6e4ccabcfb4b69ee5e9dbd.jpg.249c60bb02655f223f3756d9f23e0dfe.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg.ca6f652cbe2687b06a61fbd9c35e6409.jpg

4. Belgium offers the FN Herstal (Fabrique Nationale: Factory National) F2000 chambered in 5.56x45. Part of FN's Championship line up, this weapon is the icon of futuristic in small arms. With expelling empty cartridges from the front, this weapon is very accurate and easy to handle. A popular weapon for police and Mercenary forces.

Discontinued_FN_FS2000_Rotators-1200x500.png.2c73f57af54d022ac9f42562d90b6010.png

985123212_eng_pl_FN-F2000-Tactical-Black-ETU-Assault-Rifle-Replica-1152222188_1(1).jpg.b0bb7ff2dc5cfb2a56dbf4120671e9ac.jpg

I would rather have more civ looking weapons ingame. We have a ton of millitary grade weapons already.

But if I had to pick one I would pick France. 

1 minute ago, Jackfish said:

I would rather have more civ looking weapons ingame. We have a ton of millitary grade weapons already.

Vote please. And here is my Civilian Rifles vote...

let me just leave this here

#tavorx95bullpupsupremacy

#bullpupriflesaregenerallyshitthoilikemeagoodoldG36

@Crimson_Tiger I'm not trying to dig at you, but from a lore perspective I would like to have the option to vote None on some of these polls you make.

Oh my bad i thought we were picking what countries are the best at first, got a bit ahead of myself. 

But yes my educated guess says the the Tavor must be the best one.

24 minutes ago, Ducky said:

@Crimson_Tiger I'm not trying to dig at you, but from a lore perspective I would like to have the option to vote None on some of these polls you make.

What things in the lore made these weapons not exist at all?

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

What things in the lore made these weapons not exist at all?

Its a matter of, does it make sense for this item to be in Chernarus? Only two of these fall into that category in my opinion, L85 for any BAF and Famas for any possible french UN troops.

But from a different perspective entirely, having a "None" is generally good practice.

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Its a matter of, does it make sense for this item to be in Chernarus? Only two of these fall into that category in my opinion, L85 for any BAF and Famas for any possible french UN troops.

But from a different perspective entirely, having a "None" is generally good practice.

Yeah those two fit perfectly, thought you ment they just don't exist at all with the current timeline.

can you put an option for none of the above please, as like ducky said they don’t work with the lore and I don’t think the guns you have provided would be much use in game 

The FAMAS and Enfield fit fine in the lore. Just make them helicrash only. Though if I recal that’s not possible anymore as it’s not considered mil loot. Making them super rare would work. 

3 hours ago, Jackfish said:

You say that

but i'm never going to choose a civilian rifle over a military one so civ rifles become obsolete really quickly for a lot of us.

Also Famas yes pls

I'd love an SVU, even though I was one of those people who fell for the bullpup meme and then regretted it later. Out of this list I'd say L85.

More classic civilian weapons would be great as a general aside.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ducky said:

I agree that there should be a "None" option. As you stated L85 and Famas make sense, no problem there. However, the Tavor is being used by multiple nations in region around South Zagoria/Takistan (Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine). Surely in this current lore there would be a lot of Arms Trafficking happening in the region? Why would it not be feasible lore wise too not have some of these weapons?

Edited by Challenger

It makes sense for the Tavor, L85, and FAMAS to be in Chernerus since they are the standard issued rifle for soldiers in their respective countries. And all those countries are members of the UN. Also the UK and France are NATO members. 

It would make a lot of sense to have them in game also would be some nice variety if more than one was added +1

Just my 2 cents, the FAMAS F2 is only in use by the French Navy, ground forces would have been still carrying the FAMAS F1 at the time of the outbreak.

Personally these are two of my favourite rifles so I'd like to see them in game, but I agree they should be very rare.

22 hours ago, Vigilante-Nerd said:

Just my 2 cents, the FAMAS F2 is only in use by the French Navy, ground forces would have been still carrying the FAMAS F1 at the time of the outbreak.

Personally these are two of my favourite rifles so I'd like to see them in game, but I agree they should be very rare.

I see. Thanks for the heads up. I picked the rifle that uses STANAG mags to make it easier for the Devs