Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 11:21
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 9 hours, 38 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Steel_Preacher

S2: AOGM & Greifing- Kamarovo 2019-07-31, 22:29

Posted (edited)

Server and location:   S2, Kamarovo Docks. 3 story concrete building

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):   31/07/19 13:00-22:00

Your in game name:  Morgan Boone (Preacher)

Names of allies involved:  Cole Meyer, Frank Denalli

Name of suspect/s:  Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  NA

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  Aftermath only. Can take SS if needed.

Detailed description of the events:  Myself and 2 allies were attempting to establish a base at the Kamarovo docks. To move south away from larger hostile groups. Had completed front gate, and walled off rear entrance.  Yesterday I logged on in the morning my time, to check camp, all was good. We had 3 small tents of gear, tools and weapons. 2 crates of food and drink.  When I logged back in that evening after work someone had stolen an M4 and an M16. The only other item missing was a hacksaw..  A 4 combo lock was destroyed on the gate. I did not get too upset and decided we would just log out with valuables. Talked to my allies and decided not to file a report, as I know how busy admins are.

Today I repeated the process. Logged in prior to work, camp was good. Then when I got home I checked again and logged in (around 22:00 server time) for some RP.  Someone had cut the lock, despawned or stole 3 small tents of gear, they even destroyed the wood crates with food in them. Again they cut the 4 code lock off. Presumably to get out. (although they had our saw so could have done it normally). I have never reported before, but this was just shitty. I can see stealing or grabbing a tent. But to despawn the whole camp, food and crates included was just very poor sportsmanship. Plus the fact this only occurred when we were offline. Don't know if staff can do anything about it, but it was very discouraging to work so hard on building a home and see it get trashed in 1 day for no apparent reason and with no RP involved. There were no valuables in the camp, just clothes, tools, etc. It would have taken 4-5 people to steal/remove the items. Any help would be appreciated. Thnx.

2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability.

2.3 Be a good sport.

2.5 Ghosting is switching between multiple game servers in order to gain an unfair advantage.

Edited by Steel_Preacher

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

-Server 1-
15:17:41 | Player "Martin Thompson" is connected
-Restart-
15:40:29 | Player "Martin Thompson" is connected
16:11:33 | Player "Martin Thompson" has been disconnected

-Server 2-
15:13:48 | Player "Martin Thompson" has been disconnected
15:15:17 | Player "Martin Thompson" is connected
15:16:44 | Player "Martin Thompson" has been disconnected
16:12:37 | Player "Martin Thompson" is connected
16:35:23 | Player "Martin Thompson" has been disconnected

Position Logs:

Spoiler

-Server 1-
15:23:12 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2702.8, 1302.4, 24.4>) 
15:28:11 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2859.2, 1966.2, 2.7>) 
15:33:11 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<3597.5, 2167.6, 7.4>) 
15:38:10 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<3578.7, 2178.6, 13.6>) 
15:44:24 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<3592.2, 2139.7, 5.2>) 
15:49:23 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2850.6, 1865.3, -1.0>) 
15:54:22 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2589.2, 1281.8, 21.9>) 
15:59:21 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2719.4, 1298.9, 23.3>) 
16:04:20 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2761.7, 1282.2, 25.9>) 
16:09:19 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2828.2, 1218.1, 26.7>) 

-Server 2-
15:00:19 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2801.9, 1222.9, 25.9>) 
15:05:18 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2825.6, 1213.2, 26.0>) 
15:10:17 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2801.2, 1216.1, 25.9>) 
16:16:43 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2790.7, 1218.1, 25.9>) 
16:21:42 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2787.2, 1221.1, 25.9>) 
16:26:41 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2787.2, 1221.1, 25.9>) 
16:31:40 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2787.2, 1221.1, 25.9>)

Building Logs:

Spoiler

15:37:07 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<3597.5, 2167.6, 7.4>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

Calling in for POV's:

@Chef_Viro | Martin Thompson | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

@Chef_Viro will be temp banned until he provides a full and detailed POV and any video evidence he may have as he has been on the website since being called into the report.

Hey, yeah I was busy on my phone can’t reply every damn second.

So I was called for this, for my pov. Let me start off by there was no AOGM we broke into the base fair and square. If you check the position logs it will show that I was on the Prison Island after we had emptied the hole base with the others that we involved in that raid. The AR’s were robbed by my other group members and every time the lock was busted down. The crates were stolen not dismantled and brought back to the base, the tents were moved to the island. The statement that you can move only with 4-5 manpower is completely false I had a half-empty inventory, plus I have raided most base on the server “cough”.

You can’t bring in I was offline, if you build a base you are entitled to understand that offline raiding will happen. The good sport is a grey zone, yes it’s bad sportsmanship but, I can’t help to raid if given the opportunity. The main reason we raided the base to dust and ashes is to protect our coastline from enemies. If you are such a bad sport about it we can give you all that garbage back.

The disconnects on S2 that happened twice is that I forgot the hacksaw for the team. 

15:49:23 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2850.6, 1865.3, -1.0>) 

15:54:22 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2589.2, 1281.8, 21.9>) 

15:59:21 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2719.4, 1298.9, 23.3>) 

16:04:20 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2761.7, 1282.2, 25.9>) 

16:09:19 | Player "Martin Thompson" (pos=<2828.2, 1218.1, 26.7>) 

All of these cords and the times are me on moving to the island with the tent from the upstairs area.

@Chef_Viro your temp ban has been removed, please keep a close eye on the report just in case you are needed again.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chef_Viro said:

The main reason we raided the base to dust and ashes is to protect our coastline from enemies. If you are such a bad sport about it we can give you all that garbage back.

Yeah mate. What the actual fuck?  I'm the bad sport?  Enemies?  You have not even met us or RPed with us. We might have been potential ALLIES. If you had sent a spy or scout to determine we were hostile then, yes that would be motive. Otherwise I call bullshit.

So you think its okay to tear bases to "Ashes and Dust"?  We knew about your base on the island and another in Balota and deliberately left them alone. Raiding is a choice, not a requirement for membership on the server. And the only bad sportsmanship displayed, is a mega-group (15+) refusing to RP with a small neighboring group and instead destroying a base, because "Reasons".  And people wonder why small groups and individual players don't put up with the lameness.

I can tell by your reply that you DGAF & think this is totally cool and fun. So I will  deal with my "character's" suspicions IG.

Edited by Steel_Preacher

@Steel_Preacher Are you certain, you do not wish to proceed with this report ?

@Realize, don't know man. If this is an okay attitude on the server we will probably move. No butthurt just not our style.   

But NO keep it OPEN. I will edit previous post to correct that line. I just want to see what happens, Thanks.

If the both of you want to join discord to talk It out, I can also be there and maybe we can solve this, if this is something you both want of course @Steel_Preacher @Chef_Viro

Posted (edited)

He made his motives and attitude clear. I may speak to Lemons (Group Leader) about it. But I have no need or desire to speak with this guy. Thanks for the offer.  Like I said, not a matter of Salt, just a matter of big groups not caring about others players RP/Stories, just their own.

Edited by Steel_Preacher

Summary:

@Steel_Preacher and two of his allies had established a base in the three story building at Kamarovo docks. Upon logging off for work the base had three small tents full of gear, two crates filled with water and food and a gate with a lock on stopping outsiders from getting inside and stealing from them. During the time Steel_Preacher was not online, @Chef_Viro and his allies cut the lock off the front gate and raided the base. Later on that evening, Steel_Preacher logs back in game to find every single item from the camp gone and the front gate wide open with the lock cut off.

Explanation:

@Steel_Preacher as there are no logs to indicate that your base was ghosted into the accused will be found not guilty of ghosting. Although sawing off a combination lock in order to break into a base can be seen as unsportsmanlike, it is not against our rules here at DayzRP. Stealing items from other community members camps is completely legal and in this case you unfortunately do not have proof that items were dropped on the floor with clear intention of despawning them. In addition, @Chef_Viro denies the allegations that him and his allies dropped items with intent to despawn them. With all the evidence provided, we cannot confidently say whether the accused is guilty/not guilty of griefing and as such will be marked as inconclusive.

@Chef_Viro if called into a report again in the future, you must understand that it is standard procedure for Gamemasters to temporarily ban players who have either played the game since being called into a report or have been active on the forums. Our actions were not malicious in anyway and we do not appreciate the attitude shown towards us as a staff team whilst trying to do our jobs.

Outcome:

@Chef_Viro - Ghosting - NOT GUILTY

@Chef_Viro - Griefing - INCONCLUSIVE

Signed by @Saunders & @Derek Steel