Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 02:15
Sign in to follow this  
Drezen

What do you think?

Should staff members be allowed to teleport people back to their death spot? 
If it wasn't caused by someone shooting you, or you falling to your death.

What i am talking about, is if they should be allowed to do it incase of bugs / glitches, cause if there is one thing that ruins your RP, it is not being able to return to your roleplay, and the navigating back that takes quite a long time in this running simulator of ours.

So making a exception in the NLR, though in order for you to get that you need to provide video proof of how your death happend, so we avoid people trying to abuse it.

This is not a suggestion (yet) I just wanted to hear some feedback on the idea.

(Sorry if this already have been discussed, i couldn't find a related topic)

As long as you showed them video proof of the glitch, I am fine with it.

I'm down for that. It helps keep RP flowing naturally and not get things interrupted over dumb stuff.

Good luck proving most of it.

Was a policy we had in place back in my original mod day run. Only admins could do the teleport back in the day. GM's could confirm if they died from a glitch or not. From that point on they could teleport the user back to their body so they could get their gear back.

2 minutes ago, Major said:

I'm down for that. It helps keep RP flowing naturally and not get things interrupted over dumb stuff.

Good luck proving most of it.

I appreciate the feedback!

And yeah, sometimes it may be difficult of proving it, indeed.
But if the staff team thinks that it isn't sufficient enough, that's just bad luck.
But maybe this will help a few people instead of none. 

-1 takes up staff time that can be used for more important things. The time it took to prove it etc you may as well just wait the NLR timer.

1 minute ago, Fae said:

-1 takes up staff time that can be used for more important things. The time it took to prove it etc you may as well just wait the NLR timer.

I do see where you are coming from, but isn't it also important to ensure smooth and flawless roleplay?

The time that they should use would be a few seconds or minutes checking the video that the victim has send them.
There is usally no doubt if you die to glitches or bugs, at least in my years of experience as a staff member.

Considering they made the rule for combat logging count for victims and aggressor to make it more easy to understand. I doubt the NLR will get exceptions either. XD 

I mean if staff want to do it then they can, but if they don'y have time to do it then they shouldn't be made to.

I personally think this should be down to staff discretion and judged purely on a case by case basis. I like the idea, especially if you've been sent on a Chernarus Lunar Mission in one of our well equipped cars with rocket fueled tyres.

-1 from me, simply because its too much of a time waste. Not only are you going to have to take the time to get the evidence to prove you died to a glitch or whatever, you've then got to find an available member of staff, show them the evidence, wait for a judgement and then finally get TP'd. Not only does this waste your time it wastes staff time too.

You can regear in 20 to 30 minutes, all whilst moving back to the position you died in. Also if you're roleplaying with a group and you die to a glitch, chances are they will save your stuff for you anyways.

Or maybe RP the situation out if you died to a glitch? Like, this is an RP server 🤷‍♀️

I think that there should be an exception to the NLR, so that we can return to the place of our death if nobody wanted us to die in the RP. i.e. when someone "dies" after a fistfight.

But staff should not have the duty to teleport people. They are volunteers, and they are already doing too much work for the community, in my opinion.

That is kind of the point i tried to make clear, if the video evidence is 100% clear, and they feel comfortable they can do it, or maybe teleport you back to the town, not directly back into the scene.

If there is any doubt on the video evidence as to if it really was a glitch or not, i'd reckon they shouldn't even bother. It really all just depends on the situation and circumstances of your death.

Appreciate the feedback alot so far!

13 minutes ago, Fae said:

Or maybe RP the situation out if you died to a glitch? Like, this is an RP server 🤷‍♀️

*removes 13 Forums Ninja Witch skill level* as punishment for disagreeing.

I'd be more than happy to do this as long as we are shown proof that their claims are legit and it's part of my job role. Otherwise people can abuse the system. Another issue is the amount glitch deaths that happen are quite high and would take a lot of time up for us Gamemasters, especially around peak times where most of us are either RPing ourselves or not online. I'm quite on the fence about this, I mean if I wasn't busy I'd be happy to do it but there isn't always going to be someone around to do this for people either. I'm not going to say +1 or -1, I'm going to say that I don't really care but if I'm required to do this as part of my job then I'm not going to have any major issues with it.

21 minutes ago, Fae said:

Its also a video game and glitches are a pain in the arse, why not make life a little easier for people who genuinely die to bugs and glitches?

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I'd be more than happy to do this as long as we are shown proof that their claims are legit and it's part of my job role. Otherwise people can abuse the system. Another issue is the amount glitch deaths that happen are quite high and would take a lot of time up for us Gamemasters, especially around peak times where most of us are either RPing ourselves or not online. I'm quite on the fence about this, I mean if I wasn't busy I'd be happy to do it but there isn't always going to be someone around to do this for people either. I'm not going to say +1 or -1, I'm going to say that I don't really care but if I'm required to do this as part of my job then I'm not going to have any major issues with it.

Great feedback, i do see how this may effect you guys on a rather annoying level, especially if you're busy roleplaying yourselves, no doubt about it. I know how it is to interupt your own roleplay to perform "staff duties" and it's a pain.

1 minute ago, APositiveElmo said:

Its also a video game and glitches are a pain in the arse, why not make life a little easier for people who genuinely die to bugs and glitches?

Exactly, and from what i have experienced, you really do waste alot of time navigating back, that is time you could've spent roleplaying.

I’d say +1 only if it is a super major rp situation. I only say that because a lot of people die to glitches and bugs way to often to make it viable for staff to do it for everything. They have lives and like to play to. Like if you are in the middle of rp with 2 other groups having a big meeting I’d say do it then but if u just met someone or something then it’s more of whatever. I am all for seamless role play and when someone bugs out and dies it kind of sucks but staff can’t handle every time someone dies to a glitch 

I'm definitely in favor of the NLR portion, nothing sucks more than dying to a glitch and not being allowed to return to the RP because of the wide-cast net of NLR.

However, the teleporting bit may be a little too much.  As a community member, it sounds like a dream, hell, it is a dream.  As a staff member who has taken tons of helpdesk calls from people asking to be teleported, I know it just isn't a realistic promise to make with the numbers of totally volunteer staff members we have.  It's not that this doesn't sound good, it's just a logistics thing.

Posted (edited)

The idea itself is nice and +1 from me. The issue is ridiculus amount of time that will be needed from staff to handle it so i doubt it will be added. I even see the flame from some people if no staff is present or have no time at the moment and the request will not be solved in proper time if even. The issue is to prove it was from glitch etc. Idea is nice...practical i dont think it can work.

Maybe having chance like 1 time for a month to respawn at death position if no damage was taken from weapons and zeds? This one would need to be analyzed further to cover possible exploiting.

Edited by PaulB

Amazing feedback everybody, it has been very informative!

Thank you!

As long as video evidence 

I dont really care, aslong as you got the video proof and there is staff that are willing to do it