Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 16:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

Taxman Report (Update #7)

Posted (edited)

Special Agent "TAXMAN" Report

Data entry 1: 

I found "Ground Zero" up north. According to my Geiger Counter, it was cackling like crazy. Since my government failed to send me with proper equipment, and I don't trust that old Soviet shit with my life, I decided to go full dooms-day-prepper. I used my BDU gear and a NATO gas mask and some duck-tape to create a temporary seal. Luckily I had found some Iodine in a hospital. Well hopefully this cancer takes years instead of days to kill me. 

My partner and I made it to Ground Zero. We had a look around. It's astonishing that something so deadly was created here. What humans are capable of never ceases to astonish me. There seems to be hundreds if not thousands of bodies in a concrete pit. Why the area is irradiated, I have yet to find out. The area was crawling with the infected. I don't understand how their bodies can handle such intense amounts of radiation with out signs of mutation. It seems the virus turns people into extremely angry animals with an extra dose of rabies. With a hint of the munchies to top it all off. 

We left the area when we heard gun shots. We were approached by some guy who asked us if we were the ones shooting. We told him no but then spotted at least 5 people in all black coming our way. We asked the stranger if they were his people. He only replied with, "RUN!" So we did. We couldn't get away. They were quite fast runners. A giant corn fed man approached us and we both surrendered as soon as he ordered us to stop. He was tall. REALLY TALL. Well built and heavily geared. He called himself "Juice" and he ordered our compliance. My partner and the stranger did surrender and he took our weapons. The Juice told us they needed a blood and tissue sample. We didn't ask why. We were nervous but it was calming that someone whom seemed to have experience in the medical field was actually the one that took blood and a piece of our surface tissue. He even cleaned where he took the blood and tissue. They asked for our names, which our identities are still secure, and our blood type. The stranger, who was with us, ran once the needle came out. Juice then thanked us for our compliance and we were told to leave and never head north. 

Gun shots were heard behind us. We don't know what happened to the stranger. Despite the warning by Juice, we returned to Ground Zero. We investigated some more and took tissue samples of the bodies in the area. We heard more gun shots and decided to leave. We made our way north and then east to the beach. The drone sent by the carrier arrived and we deposited our samples. We then left and returned to base. 

In conclusion: We found "Ground Zero" and test subjects. There is a group here collecting blood and tissue samples from the healthy for unknown reasons, and we have sent tissue samples from the "test subjects" at ground zero back to the carrier for testing. We have yet to find the source of the drug "Comfort". We have some idea of the location but we have a name of the person who distributes the drug in this country. That person's name was sent back to Command to due a background on who they are. 

-Special Agent "TAXMAN

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

I thought this was something to do with @Roland

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I thought this was something to do with @Roland

Me too, I was like FFS, not this shit again.

Wheww I thought the IRS finally caught up with me...

Nice story.

7 hours ago, Major said:

Wheww I thought the IRS finally caught up with me...

Nice story.

GOOD! I was worried you'd have an issue since I made America a still thriving nation

Special Agent: TAXMAN

Data Entry 2:

After coming up with no leads on the location of the this person who is responsible for the mass distribution of "Comfort" through out the country, possibly the world, I got a tip off by individuals of a group who have allied themselves with the group I am with. The person's name is Vlad or "Comfort Vlad". Possibly a Russian. I even witnessed the effects of comfort as I watched an individual take the drug and go through it's effects. I can see why this is a very popular drug used in the illegal trafficking markets. Apparently the group I am partnered with, the leader has a personal vendetta with Vlad. This can be useful. I orders are to end the trafficking of Comfort to the USA. Vlad dying would be beneficial but I need to end his supply chain. Hopefully the leader of our group can allow me some time to ask Vlad some questions before he is executed for his crimes.  

Our group was attacked. A scouting party attempted to take out leader hostage. The Morons thought they could outgun us. We made short work of them. After a few hours of peace, we were attacked again by the group themselves. I was told they call themselves, Legion. A mercenary organization that was paid by another group called The Wolves, to come kill us. I'd have to say, these guys are a poor excuse for a paid military. My partner, Agent TOMBSTONE, could defeat them easily. Unfortunately, he was out on his own investigation while we were under siege. They sent around 25 men. We killed them all but at a very high cost. I got hit twice in the vest and passed out. After waking up, I played dead until I managed to slip out the front entrance behind them all. The "mercs" fired randomly and uncoordinated and just shouted insults. My old Marine comrades would died laughing. Who am I kidding? They managed to hit me. But I got 4 of them before it all went black. Our leader finished them off. I don't now where he got those kinds of combat skills but I wished he join our military. Last I saw, he was on the roof but then slipped and fell into the water below. I saw him swimming while I was recovering on the shore. A victory for us! 

Our new allies are call themselves, "The Corporation" who are the same people that took blood and tissue samples from us weeks ago. They seem pretty cool. They plan to help us against Legion. With the numbers those bastards have, we could use the extra man power. And if Juice is tough as he looks, then Legion will scared to look our direction again. I found out later that my partner, Agent ROO was wounded in the firefight. A sniper got him in the chest. He'll be fine though. He's had worse. I'm currently in the hospital recovering. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to get more information Vlad and end his supply chain to America. 

-Special Agent TAXMAN

Posted (edited)

Special Agent: TAXMAN

Data Entry 3:

I just got released from the Hospital. Well, a make shift hospital. The scumbags that attacked us, Legion, were wiped out. Our leader, Lemons, took out 18 of them! He killed the rest of the bastards! Unfortunately during the battle, a lot of explosives were used and lots of damage was done. All our camping tents and equipment were destroyed from fires that were started from hand grenades. Our armory got wiped out from random grenade throws. It's a miracle that Lemons was able to utilize the last remnants of ammunition to kill off the rest of the platoon of men who attacked us. 

Despite the severe loss in equipment, the well wasn't severely damaged. Most of the food could be salvaged as well. We can survive this. We have to. We didn't loot the dead. Everyone was wounded but Lemons had a fracture in his right leg due to his fall. Imagine, his greatest enemy is gravity. God has a sick sense of humor. We sat around the camp fire and just reflected on the events. The mood was hopeful but people all around felt exhausted. This attack did take a toll on us. Not just on our supplies but on our hearts and minds. Gun battles are rough. I can see why people choose to surrender instead of endure. I got a hint of how it felt be the defenders in a mid evil castle. 

Legion were cruel and heartless. All they did was shout insults and play music. Jokes on them, we like Rick Astley. Now I can't get the song out of my head. "Never ganna give you up. Never ganna let you down..." you know the rest. We wasted so much ammunition on them but they kept coming. I'll have to request my government look into this mercenary group. The people of this island are now worshiping Lemons like a God for his heroic deeds. Not much of a God if gravity can defeat him. Although, Agent Roo and I are indeed grateful for his skills. I'd hate to be his enemy. Hell, even I'm starting to quote him. Lovely, lovely.

-Special Agent TAXMAN

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Posted (edited)

Special Agent: TAXMAN

Data Entry 4:

We lost a man today. Martin Thompson. He took his own life by shooting himself in the head with his MP-7. He made sure to go quickly, too. Hardly knew the guy. He was quiet, never spoke to people. He just built things and had a swig of vodka on occasion. I've heard it's the quiet ones are usually the ones to worry about. You never know if they might do something irreversible. He left a suicide note: "...see you all in Hell." Very nice of you. 

This reminds me of when my sister were in the hospital. They had her on suicide watch for almost a year. Poor sis... the bastard who did this to her deserved what he got! I hope sis is alright. Mom was showing signs of recovering before I left. Haven't spoken to her in more than a year. Thanks to Drone sent by the "Kennedy" last week, sis is doing better. That's relieving. She's off suicide watch still and is talking again. Mom was talking slightly before I left. Hopefully when I get home, they will have loads to tell me. Maybe how I used to torment my baby sister. The good ole days. 

We got hit by a severe storm last night. The damn thing came out of no where and destroyed our armory. Luckily our barrels were still sealed shut and we managed to recover our food. Our weapons were scatter to the ocean and the ammo... who knows. Luckily no one was hurt. We all slept in the prison cells. I some how slept like a baby. I always did love the rain. It's relaxing. Clean up was a bitch! Found a few bullets here and there but nothing else. Luckily we wont starve. Canned food was still safe in the barrels. The barrels did hit the well during the storm. The handle broke off. We managed to "Jerry rig" a wrench to it. It works but it take more energy to get water. 

I heard from the "Kennedy" that NATO has made a return to the country. I wonder what countries are still in it. It's impressive that NATO returned. The UN peace keepers were pushed out months before my arrival. I wonder how NATO works out. I hope they got intelligence on the mercenary group, Legion. I was also informed that a UN Security Councilor will be arriving to the country in a few months. I won't say his/her name but their objective is to speak to the native Chernorussians and try to get cooperation from them. The locals do not have a tolerance for the foreign presence in their country. I can sympathize. That xenophobic attitude was common back home. Especially when the infection began and thousands of Mexicans were fleeing to the US for help. We turned so many away. I recall the Governor even taking his own life over it. 

I got intelligence from some friends that the Chernorussian civilian police returned from Novagrad. OREL is what they are called. Not sure what it means. I heard it's their SWAT team. Something similar to that. I wonder if they are going after Vlad or trying to stop the drug manufacturing or trafficking. I should try to get in touch with OREL and see if we can help each other. Maybe they can tell me some of this nations laws. I wouldn't mind some help from the Law. Glad to hear the Law is still fighting. I got to hand it to these locals, they don't stop fighting. 

Strangely though, I have yet to meet any locals. I hope they can tell me more about their home. It's beautiful here. I know my sister would love the beach. The water is blue and the sand is clean. This country is beautiful. This morning I found myself watching the sunrise from the shoreline. It beats Mexico. The water is calm and clear. Like a sapphire. Some times... you just want to forget...

-Special Agent TAXMAN

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Posted (edited)

Special Agent: TAXMAN

Data Entry 5:

I received intelligence from people in Chernogorsk that NATO was forced out of the country. Apparently they repelled an attack from Legion but were side swiped moments later by the OREL, a police SWAT in the country. Why OREL is working with Legion, I will never understand. With that in mind, I am alone in the country again. I also learned that Tombstone is no longer employed by the [REDACTED] and that my department has been absorbed by the [REDACTED] as well. I've been reassigned as intelligence gathering first and foremost. Vlad and his Comfort production is now second to the main objective. My cover is still protected. No one knows who I really am. I plan to keep it that way. 

While I was staying in Chernogorsk, in the heart of Legion territory, I spoke to another group's leader and her second in command. The alpha of the "Wolf Pack", Phoenix. Her beta is a guy named Hutch. He seems on edge and very passive aggressive. He threatened to cut my throat several times already. He never did. I'd shoot him before he came at me with the knife anyway. I heard that he was married to a woman named Grace who was later executed by some other group. From how it sounded, she was a major slut and a psycho so probably for the best. I heard stories about Grace on the island. She tried to get Lemons to fall for her but she also tried to bang every guy in the prison and tried to murder any female that arrived to the prison. But she was kicked out of the prison when she started talking nonsense and encouraging rape of inmates. Even sodomy. I think she got off to that shit. Anyway, Phoenix permitted me to stay since I wasn't threat. Apparently her group of "wolves" and the prison island are in conflict with each other. Lemons refuses to work with Wolf Pack and is holding a grudge against them. Not sure why. 

I joined Wolf Pack and Legion on a patrol around the city. I fell behind because I fell into a drainage ditch in the rear of the group. When I got up, a Chernorussian native stood there with a gun aimed at me. I complied since he got the drop on me from behind. First native I've seen in the country in my years of being here. He asked for some food and water, which I gave him. Then he told me to give Wolf Pack a message, "Leave my country or die!" Then he let me go. I did as he asked and found Phoenix and gave her the message. They did end up finding the Chernorussian native as he held up in an apartment complex. After a stand off, he was killed. Such a pity. The natives are fighting for their country from foreigners but they feel they must fight every battle. I would have liked to have met more of them. 

During my stay we encountered some trouble. A rogue group of Tampa Police officers, who claimed that we were living in America and were sent by New Orleans PD to issue a search warrant on the Cherno base. Obviously they are outside their jurisdiction. I requested feed back on any American police in the country and The Kennedy came back inconclusive. Clearly these people had long lost their minds. They attacked the base with grenades and sniper fire. I got hit in the back of my ribs from sniper fire but luckily my vest took the bullet but it hurt like a bitch! After being looked at by the town doctor, I was back on my feet. Not going to let some bruising stop me. 

After a while of sitting around and talking with people, I was asked to help out with some BBQ. Finally some good food! I helped their people cook some steaks, good steaks! It was the best I've had since coming to this country. Felt good to have some real meat. It was beef and deer but still it was real meat from an animal and not a can. I even had a fun time watching a British guy from Legion play match-maker for Hutch and some girl from Green Mountain Charity Organization. I must admit, it started out weird at first but eventually, they actually went on a walk together and they looked cute holding hands. They still had masks on but it was... "Romantically Apocalyptic". Great comic.

I made it back to the island. The place was ransacked. We were raided in the night and not a guard in sight. My guess is the island was left unguarded. Fucking morons! I guess the idea these people stood for died. No wonder why Martin took his own life. I guess he saw it coming. And to think, I put in all that effort only for people to just give up. It's pretty pathetic. Not to mention, Agent Roo has gone AWAL and Tombstone, I don't know where he is. Lemons seems to have abandoned ship. Tombstone possibly as well. Maybe I should too.  

I returned to Cherno and was met by a stranger named Alexis. Apparently he was a prison guard before I arrived. He told me he left the island and went to find his family. He's half Chernorussian. He just got back from Novigrad. He accompanied me to Cherno before going off on his own. I wish him the best. When I got to the gates, they let me in only if I gave them my tear gas can. I did, but didn't mention that it was broken and doesn't work. I found that out on the way here. Oh well. Once inside, I was greeted by a member of an old dead group called "The Toy Makers". Apparently they would enslave people through brain washing and force them to work for them and do labor or fight for them. I can't remember the name if this "Toy Maker" but he's friends with Alexis. He was in hiding until recently. Thank God they are gone. I can't imagine having brain washed zombies walking around with guns.

I learned that Vlad in part of a group called, "The Vultures" which live up north east, along the coast, out of the remains of an old Cargo vessel. From what I found out, Vlad wants certain people in Legion and the Wolf Pack dead, yet they let him visit at his own free will. Odd... I don't see a lot of consistency in between their words and action. Maybe they are scared of him. I'll have to learn more. In the mean time, I'll be staying in Cherno to see what else I can learn about the inhabitants of this country. 

-Special Agent TAXMAN

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Data Entry 6:

I'm leaving the island behind. I did leave some parting gifts for them but I've had enough. There is no accountability and people have been dying from disease. Ever since Lemons had his accident right after the gun fight with Legion, he hasn't been the same. He's grown weak. For my safety, I was advised to abandon the prison and go solo until I can find another group to hide in. When I returned to the island, looters had already torn up the place. The rest of the guards had died at their posts. Laying on the ground in a pool of their own vomit and feces. It's sad. They were left leaderless and with out Lemons, they died. I can understand admiration for a strong leader and loyalty but this... this was pathetic. They couldn't survive with out him. Agent Roo is still missing but last I heard, he was up north living in the woods. It seems he abandoned ship. Tombstone is no where to be seen. He might have abandoned ship after he was cut from [REDACTED]

I'm heading north. Hopefully I can learn more about this Green Mountain Charity group. Last I heard, Legion and Wolf Pack were heading up there to rescue Hutch. Good luck to them. I don't really care for Hutch. Well now that I'm free from that role as a member of the Island, I can travel more freely and with out concern of being harassed by Legion or Wolf Pack. The Kennedy radioed me for the first time in months. Told me all is well state side, besides the usual. They plan to extract me but unsure when. They like my report so far. Hopefully soon I can return home. Get to hold my baby sister and mother again. Hang in there. I'll be home soon hopefully.

Fortune favors the bold. I'm going to need every drop of good fortune for the rest of my stay in this country. 

-Special Agent TAXMAN

Data Entry 7:

I've been reassigned to a new area. I can't pronounce the name but it translates to "Deer Island." I've been told to investigate the situation on the island. According to reports, there is increase of infected activity on the island. I was transported there with the help of the Kennedy. The island looks pretty poor. Also early quiet. I made my way to a light house near the the largest city in the south of the island. I've never seen so many infected. There were thousands of them straggling around the city. I even saw one descend on a poor soul who ran through the crowd as a horde chased him. He didn't make it. 

I was told to report to a large military complex near a marsh to the north. I decided to drop by a hospital for some medical supplies. I found a man who had died recently. He was in the hospital laying in a pool of feces and vomit. Likely died of disease. How horrific! I managed to find some medical supplies. Once I was out of the city, things started to look up. Even saw a helicopter crash in a lake. A crate with a rifle was sitting on the shore. I got my hands on an M-4 carbine. Felt good to have American weaponry again. 

I made it to the military complex. Unfortunately, everyone is either dead or infected. I've radioed back to the Kennedy for further orders. I've yet to hear back.  

-Special Agent TAXMAN