Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:12
Sign in to follow this  
Nikalas

Timer on Backpacks

Hey Nik, when you say before despawning do you mean as in if it's on the ground?

51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hey Nik, when you say before despawning do you mean as in if it's on the ground?

How else would it despawn?

To my knowledge player location affects the timer. As I've kept a backpack at base for hours before without it despawning, as people were always around.

I don't think there is an exact time because of this, but on a body it's about 10min.

If it's just on the ground I think it is about 30min to an hour.

Devs could have tampered with it though so best they answer? @Ducky, @Watchman, @Misho, @wirpy, @Kerkkoh, @Bishop Idk whose specialty that'd be...

9 minutes ago, Mugin said:

How else would it despawn?

To my knowledge player location affects the timer. As I've kept a backpack at base for hours before without it despawning, as people were always around.

I don't think there is an exact time because of this, but on a body it's about 10min.

If it's just on the ground I think it is about 30min to an hour.

Devs could have tampered with it though so best they answer? @Ducky, @Watchman, @Misho, @wirpy, @Kerkkoh, @Bishop Idk whose specialty that'd be...

We really just need an @developer tag on the forum don't we.

As for your question I actually have no idea, there is a specified despawn timer for items, I do not think it is affected by vicinity of players.

It’s 6h, depending on if players interact with it or not.