Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 10:15
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Connection failure - unknown error

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.

Conntected yeasterday just fine yet cannt connect today with connection failure - unkwnown error. Have done everything in the Troubleshooting section. Checked the integrity of the game, repaired the mods which are in proper order. Cant log trough launcher and parameters or trough server finder in game where it dont even ask for password.  Any ideas are very appreciated! 

EDIT: OH WORKED FOR LIKE 10th try. Please close 🙂

Edited by PaulB

/Closed at OP's request

/Re-opened at OP's request#

edit: @PaulB as nobody seems to have troubleshoots for you, let me see what I can try. Have you tried deleting the XML files? Go to documents -> Dayz -> delete all XML file type. Also, I couldn't find us in the server lists today so I set up my parameters like the picture shows below (also tried to untick the password box too)

image.png.a5b642ee9c99f281a3c90f5615955776.png

May sound stupid but try to reset your internet. Usually the issue you're having is down to internet troubles and not being able to connect to the servers.

Unfortunately problem persist. Got kicked out from the server cant log again even after many tries.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Saunders said:

/Re-opened at OP's request#

edit: @PaulB as nobody seems to have troubleshoots for you, let me see what I can try. Have you tried deleting the XML files? Go to documents -> Dayz -> delete all XML file type. Also, I couldn't find us in the server lists today so I set up my parameters like the picture shows below (also tried to untick the password box too)

image.png.a5b642ee9c99f281a3c90f5615955776.png

May sound stupid but try to reset your internet. Usually the issue you're having is down to internet troubles and not being able to connect to the servers.

Unfortunately nothing worked. I am using parameters and tried even trough server searching. XML deleted nothing changed.  Restarted the internet connection without succes here too.

EDIT: Well even unchecking password it seems that i dont even get to connecting to the server = the game dont even ask for the password.

EDIT2.  @Saunders OK to make it more weird....logged two times in row on server 2, tried to log on server 1...nope. Am i blacklisted or are you guys trying to force players to move to server two? 😄

Edited by PaulB

@PaulB The answer is no to both of your questions.

I can't think of anything else that could help you with this situation, I've tried to contact our support members to see if they can offer any assistance but I've not gotten any replies yet. I'll go ahead and tag each one of them to see if they have any alternative methods to try and help you with your issue! Best of luck brother.

@andysuter @Helix @Rover @Skrill Or maybe even our moderators? @Peril @Hofer @Fae @Tomu

You say you've tried everything in troubleshooting. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely, with deleting the remaining files manually after you've uninstalled?

10 hours ago, Hofer said:

You say you've tried everything in troubleshooting. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely, with deleting the remaining files manually after you've uninstalled?

This one last action i will do today. But like i said. I dont understand why i can easily join S2 and the S1 only after like 1h of tries.

1 hour ago, PaulB said:

This one last action i will do today. But like i said. I dont understand why i can easily join S2 and the S1 only after like 1h of tries.

I'm suspecting corrupt files somewhere. Something messing up. Let me know how the reinstall works out for you.

5 hours ago, Hofer said:

I'm suspecting corrupt files somewhere. Something messing up. Let me know how the reinstall works out for you.

Complete reinstall worked, at least for first login.  Thank you @Saunders and @Hofer for your support which is very much appreciated.

We are glad you managed to fix your issue and the thread will be closed as per your request!

/CLOSED