Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:13
Sign in to follow this  
Padlock

Quick Reloading

Would it be possible to implement something were we could just tap "R" and have the game reload from the next available magazine, rather than drag and dropping it into the gun, or having it in hotbar slots?

Modern QoL features in DayZ?

Heresy.

Heresy indeed, the current is perfectly fine but QoL improvements are always nice.

I fully second this.

There's a mod that does this very thing, and it's used in many PVP servers. Doesn't seem like something particularly hard to do for our Devs, but the final say is theirs.

Seems like a no brainer QoL improvement to me. If it can be done without breaking something then +1. 

The mod already exists on some deathmatch servers so it should be possible.

Not sure which key they use for clearing the chamber then, if that's even something that's needed. But yeah, sounds doable.

Just now, Kerkkoh said:

Not sure which key they use for clearing the chamber then, if that's even something that's needed. But yeah, sounds doable.

Tap R to clear, hold R to reload mag

Just now, Kordruga said:

Tap R to clear, hold R to reload mag

What about clearing gun jams then? Isn't that the default action for holding R? 😊

We have discussed this in the dev channel. There is an existing mod on workshop that has this functionality. However upon inspection of its internals it appears to be extremely complex for a relatively simple task of reloading a gun. We want to keep the mods lightweight so that the server performance is maximized to allow as many role players on one server as possible. That being said, we could develop our own thing, but looking at the solution in the mod above and risks involved, I'd very much rather spend those dev hours on something else that enhances role play, rather than a QoL for PvP.

1 hour ago, Kerkkoh said:

What about clearing gun jams then? Isn't that the default action for holding R? 😊

Change the key binds in settings.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

-,sn

Guns are only for pvp nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Guns are only for pvp nothing else.

And PvP is for RP.

I'm still looking into this and will report back when I have some worthy results.

13 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

And PvP is for RP.

I'm still looking into this and will report back when I have some worthy results.

I dont see how shooting eachother is RP. Yeah the situations that leads to it is RP but after its a firefight there is no RP involed, Just pvp.

-1 from me for quick reloading, i think its stupid and unnecessary. Even though its pain in the ass to reload in the ggame i still find it fun i quess

6 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

I dont see how shooting eachother is RP.

I've got an akm with 75 rounds of pure RP loaded in that say otherwise. I get your point though.

Regardless, I found a simple solution that didn't involve complex game breaking logic or going to external workshop mods for this. It was as simple as switching to the console version behavior. It's done now and waiting for merge to the next update, assuming that it's accepted.

10 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

I dont see how shooting eachother is RP. Yeah the situations that leads to it is RP but after its a firefight there is no RP involed, Just pvp.

-1 from me for quick reloading, i think its stupid and unnecessary. Even though its pain in the ass to reload in the ggame i still find it fun i quess

You bring a counter argument to your argument interesting.

Who? would use a gun to shoot hordes or wolves who? This was in the game prior and was only removed for their more realistic bs.