Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 23:57
Sign in to follow this  
dozer217

Increase AR spawn.

This is probably still a heated topic, but we need more guns spawning in, Ar rifles even more so. past three days i have been across four military loot areas, only finding ammunition and magazines, no gun for the ammo. I was lucky to find an AK-74 off a corpse from a gun fight, but what happens when a firefight breaks out and i get mowed down? we need more AR's spawning in the server.

M4’s aren't supposed to be common, they are supposed to be rare. You can’t expect to walk in to a mili base and get premium loot. I am going back to my previous statement that people are relying way to much on military loot, and should focus on rp. Having more spawn in isn’t lore friendly, and having more people running around with military gear will not help rp. I recommend you either lower your expectations, bargain with a trader, or keep looking. 

In my opinion the spawns for AR's are fine, the only reason why they don't seem to spawn as much is because only a certain amount are allowed in the economy at once so once one is lost it will respawn within the world. Therefore, if groups have a lot of them horded they don't respawn which is why the dev's are always thinking about what they add to the game to avoid this from happening. But as for the amount within the economy.. I think it's fine.

There is people running with AR's, just pick one of them. thats what everyone else does

I think the spawns are fine id rather see more weapons added

25 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I too would rather see more types of weapons added, a variety would be nice and spice up some encounters, but I'd also like groups to stop hoarding weapons so they go extinct. 

30 minutes ago, Musty Cheeto said:

I too would rather see more types of weapons added, a variety would be nice and spice up some encounters, but I'd also like groups to stop hoarding weapons so they go extinct. 

Now, this is something I can get behind. Instead of more AR's, have more variety instead. If we really think about it there aren't too many variety when it comes to AR's compared to other weapons and it's something I could 100% get behind! Do you have any suggestions for AR's that would fit within the lore? I'm not the best with weapons types and where they're from etc.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

One hundred percent agree.

47 minutes ago, Musty Cheeto said:

It is getting a bit old, always seeing the same guns in circulation, everybody is running around with identical weapons.

What is the increased spawnrate will change? People will still hoard them and you cant find them

Spawn rates are fine, there are plenty of ARs in circulation.

Legit everyone has assault rifles right now -1.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Now, this is something I can get behind. Instead of more AR's, have more variety instead. If we really think about it there aren't too many variety when it comes to AR's compared to other weapons and it's something I could 100% get behind! Do you have any suggestions for AR's that would fit within the lore? I'm not the best with weapons types and where they're from etc.

Stuff like the AB-3 that was used in the Soviet Union in 1970

ADS Amphibious Rifle, Russia, 2007

AEK-971, Soviet Union, 1978

AG-043, Soviet Union, 1974

AK-9 Russia, 2000s

AK - 102/ 103/ 107/ 12, All in Russia, within the years of the 1990's, AK-12 is actually in the process of replacing the AK-74

AN-94, Russia, 1990 something, still used in limited amounts due to the cost of the weapon being high.

maybe the AO-35 or 38, in Soviet Union, but they're quite old

Most of these would still be flung around or hidden somewhere within bases due to being used, some of the old guns maybe not so much more than heirlooms or such however. Maybe even allowing some American guns since they were present there within lore. These are ALL AR's in one way or another.

Edited by Musty Cheeto

3 hours ago, Musty Cheeto said:

Stuff like the AB-3 that was used in the Soviet Union in 1970

ADS Amphibious Rifle, Russia, 2007

AEK-971, Soviet Union, 1978

AG-043, Soviet Union, 1974

AK-9 Russia, 2000s

AK - 102/ 103/ 107/ 12, All in Russia, within the years of the 1990's, AK-12 is actually in the process of replacing the AK-74

AN-94, Russia, 1990 something, still used in limited amounts due to the cost of the weapon being high.

maybe the AO-35 or 38, in Soviet Union, but they're quite old

Most of these would still be flung around or hidden somewhere within bases due to being used, some of the old guns maybe not so much more than heirlooms or such however. Maybe even allowing some American guns since they were present there within lore. These are ALL AR's in one way or another.

I plus one this. Add some more variants of American weapons not all assault rifles add some okay snipers or some American pistols into the server

Posted (edited)

Check out my Suggestions on what weapons to add. I'll be coming out with more NATO rifle suggestions soon. Most will be bull-pup.

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Like I said before I’ve been able to find aks and m4’s where ever I go 

I'd prefer less military rifles and more civilian firearms and pistols. Make military weaponry rare again!

3 minutes ago, cheeks said:

I'd prefer less military rifles and more civilian firearms and pistols. Make military weaponry rare again!

Yes! I agree!

23 minutes ago, cheeks said:

Fully agree with the above. As for the OP quite plainly a no from me. It's not needed, wont improve RP and there are other suggestions like the above that would improve the overall sensibility of the game. 

There are PLENTY of AR's.... BUT, I think hoarding is a huge issue. There are groups with KA-M's, M4's, etc sitting in tents for a long time not being used. In the last 8 heli crashes I have only seen 1 gun and that's the M16 I have. I'm not sure if that is intentional or what, but people don't risk running to a heli crash for a badly damaged ammo box and some boots ya know? I've always felt that if a weapon isn't on a person it shouldn't be there. Like sure, store ammo, magazines, etc because I never have an issue finding 500 rounds any time I go to north west. Hoarding is an issue, but there doesn't need to be more weapons added; that wont solve the issue of hoarding. Gun variety would be neat as well, more civi guns. Doesn't make sense seeing kids with M4's on their back, or a grandpa with a heavy AWM (not that I see that often at all but you get the point lol).

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, cheeks said:

Agreed, even with all the hoarding, there are so many AR rifles out there, maybe the spawns of them should be decreased even further, so people will stop hoarding them, cause if they only find one - they are gonna keep that for themselves and if they find another, they will give it to a friend; and with that comes the risk of death and the circulation of the rifles can begin again.

So if they are decreased to the point where people won't even hoard them anymore, i'd say go for it.

Edited by Drezen

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 5:48 AM, cheeks said:

We already ran into this problem last time. No one except the "hostile" rpers had automatics and the other groups complained because "they didn't have a way to protect themselves". Shitty mosins don't go toe to toe with a Kalashnikov or Armalite and the police grade weapons like MP5ks and UMPs are so shitty it takes an entire mag dump to drop someone and the only way you are going to win that is if you have the drop on them. The only viable civilian weapons are shotguns which are insanely OP if you ask me. 

Edited by Zero

please increase the spawn rate took me nearly 100 hours to find one it is a problem MAKE SPAWNRATES GREAT AGAIN

I think the spawns are okey right now 

I think the spawns are even atm 

Spawns are not the issue.

The hoarding is the issue.

If you increase spawns it means for a few hours there'll be more of them, then they'll get squirreled away (like every other gun) and you'll be right back to where you started.