Server time (UTC): 2019-08-25, 14:32
Sign in to follow this  
HeadKillz

Latency issues on one of the servers

Hi,

About three days ago I started experiencing troublesome lag spikes on S1, S2 seems to work fine. Usually it takes the server about 2-3 seconds to respond to my client.
I pinged both servers while playing, and the average pings were the same. I tried restarting my router, restarting my PC, lowering my game settings, and play at different times and different locations, however nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Are the lag spikes at certain times of the day, or random? Is it only server 1 that you experience these issues on? Are you positive that it's 100% latency issue and not something graphical? Do you think it's server sided or an issue with you? Might sound silly but try to verify integrity of game files via steam and update any graphical drivers etc. 

Once you've answered these questions it could make things easier to pin point and we can try to sort this issue out for you as nobody else has managed to figure things out for you yet.

I verified the integrity yesterday. I reinstalled the game recently and opened my ports. It seems that the issue is resolved, at least for now. Can't say whether it was the installation of the game or the ports that made the difference. Hopefully it'll stay this way. Thanks though.

Having same issue. Huge lag spikes at menu screen and in game. Reinstalling game now. Issue came out of no where. 

All mods seem up to date game is up to date as well. When the game is launched from launcher all my kids are in the correct order. The funny thing is it's like after I launch it it destroys my ram. My corsair LL120s start freezing up and stuttering. Not sure what's going on.

Server 1 has been extremely laggy for everyone today, it seems like FPS lag rather than ping lag. On the rare occasion this seems to happen and today must have been one of those days. Fingers crossed it fixes itself today. @FoxHoundVolta

Posted (edited)

Issue was only temporarily fixed. Both servers are hardly playable - usually in the form of server lag, occasionally FPS lag.
It occurs when the servers are active and when the servers are relatively empty. @Saunders

Edited by HeadKillz

Have you tried playing on a random public server? Is the performance noticeably better there?

@HeadKillz i've spoke to members of our support team and they aren't sure what your issue is.

On top of what Roland has asked, could you send us your computer specs so we can see what you're working with?

Posted (edited)

My computer specs are supposed to be more than sufficient, especially after I lowered my settings to medium-high.

8GB RAM, i5-4570, GTX 970, the game is installed on my SSD.

I think my issue is simply the connectivity to the server. The ping averages at about 150-160, had the impression it wouldn't impair my gameplay to this extent. I tried playing on some public servers to evaluate the issue. I didn't experience such issues on servers with better connectivity, nonetheless servers in the same ping range as DayZRP's ones were less laggy, but not to an enjoyable extent. @Roland @Saunders

Edited by HeadKillz

So what you're trying to say is that servers with similar ping were still causing you to have issues and that it's not just the DayzRP servers? It could possibly be down to your internet as your PC seems to have more than enough firepower to run Dayz. Have you tried putting all of the Dayz settings to the lowest possible, just to try it out and see if it makes a difference? None of us seem to know how to fix your issue, I'd suggest heading onto the DayzRP discord and coming into the "waiting for staff help" channel to see if any of our supports have anything else to mention for you to try.

Weird thing is, that it was fine till several days ago... my internet seems to be stable and the bandwidth should be more than enough to play.
I'll trying lowering my settings. If that doesn't help, I'll hop into the support channel as suggested. Thanks. @Saunders