Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 20:27
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Extra hotbar slots

Dank poll  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

My suggestion relates to what I talk about in this post.

Playing a character who wears civilian clothes (jeans and t-shirt) I only get 3 hotbar slots for quick access to things like firearms, knives, bandages, tools etc.

This can be extremely frustrating as I have to swap out different items on the hotbar depending on what situation lies ahead. The current solution to this is for me to get some military gear; an assault vest, military pants/jacket etc. however this does not fit my character. The only thing that I equip that gives me more slots is a gorka jacket and that only goes on when it rains 😄.

In a pair of jeans you normally have at least 4 pockets so you have at least 4 different items you could quickly access (not counting sheathes, pistol holsters and the like) but currently the jeans only give a hotbar bonus of 1 (according to the wiki) and the T-shirt gives 0 slots (which is realistic since there's no big pockets on a t-shirt, but in-game you can fit quite a few items into your T-shirt).

Suggestion: For civilian clothing items such as jeans, t-shirt, hoody etc. add 1 more hotbar slot to them so you have maybe 5 slots in total for ease of use whilst still keeping the civilian outfit and not having to wear non-character conforming military gear.

Edited by Conor

I agree with this. I don't really wear civilian clothing but I can imagine it's a pain in the ass having to switch around your hotslots constantly.

I seem to only have 5 all the time and I wear plate carriers, casual(ish) military loot - I'm not sure if that's a server feature XD

A thousand times yes, I love wearing 80 percent Civilian clothing but the lack of hotbar slots makes me want to swap to full military gear. It is without a doubt so incredibly annoying to rapidly pull out RP items, instead I need to swap around the items in my hotbar everytime I sense PVP or RP, and it's a rapidly increasing pain in the ass.

Yes. +1

I want to wear civilian clothing, but I am not willing to restrict myself on the hotbar. I use all ten of them.

While it is possible to mod, it requires a new class for every single clothing item we want to mod so I don't see it happening. Every class we replace with new ones needs to be wiped of the server to not cause conflicts and each time BI would change something to the base clothes, it would all break anyway. I know Roland is not one liking when we do class replacements so I doubt it will happen.

If we make some custom items we could up the hotbar slots for those but other than that idk..

Maybe we could make an invisible or low profile item that you can spawn for free from the store that you wear as a belt or some other slot, basicly it gives no inventory space but opens up 10 hotbar slots or such.

I dunno why we dont just have all slots available instantly, would make things alot easier and doesnt damage gameplay. 

Just now, Misho said:

Maybe we could make an invisible or low profile item that you can spawn for free from the store that you wear as a belt or some other slot, basicly it gives no inventory space but opens up 10 hotbar slots or such.

Whatever is easy for you guys to implement, I would be happy. 10 slots would be great but even just one or two extra I personally would be happy with 😄

Just now, Misho said:

While it is possible to mod, it requires a new class for every single clothing item we want to mod so I don't see it happening. Every class we replace with new ones needs to be wiped of the server to not cause conflicts and each time BI would change something to the base clothes, it would all break anyway. I know Roland is not one liking when we do class replacements so I doubt it will happen.

If we make some custom items we could up the hotbar slots for those but other than that idk..

Considering how plentiful belts are, wouldn't it be possible to duplicate the belt item and give it a separate class that adds those slots and let us spawn those, instead of having an invisible item?

Or is that quite literally what you just described and did I misinterpret that

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Considering how plentiful belts are, wouldn't it be possible to duplicate the belt item and give it a separate class that adds those slots and let us spawn those, instead of having an invisible item?

Or is that quite literally what you just described and did I misinterpret that

We could, would still remain the issue of wiping all original class belts off the server and having them break when BI update something. Everything is easier with custom items that don't inherit from vanilla game.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Misho said:

We could, would still remain the issue of wiping all original class belts off the server and having them break when BI update something. Everything is easier with custom items that don't inherit from vanilla game.

Even if you were for example to make it an entirely seperate item with just the exact same visuals?

Or is that impossible due to those files being binarized

Edited by RedSky

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Or is that impossible due to those files being binarized

^This.

Best idea really. Agree to more slots or even all, it would allow more outfit choices that don't limit your ability to take things out easily. Any suggested way works for me, maybe the idea with the free spawn in item that you wear that gives you all slots. Anything that is possible, I am for it. 😄 

I only wear jacket and I feel like I have to wear to wear one of the assault vests just to get that extra hotbar slot so that I get to have my essentials on my hotbar. I completely agree with us being allowed to have an extra hotbar slot for civilian gear. I understand you'd have more quick access with military gear but if we have 1-2 more hotbar slots with civi gear I think we'd see more people dressing as civilians for sure as right now I feel that people wear military gear to have those extra slots.

Either this or make the belt give you more hotbar slots.

+1 I will accept any idea that will increase more hotkeys to my hotbar.

To be honest, I find it stupid the hotbar isn't automatically 10 hotkeys like it use to be in the olden days (0.59?) ... I shouldn't have to throw on high capacity clothing for more hotkeys.

Posted (edited)

Honestly yes yes yess!

I know so many people that prefer civilian clothes due to their look and character that have this issue, including my civilian, wearing a blouse and jeans isn't very helpful when it comes to inventory quick-access slots.

+1

Edited by Musty Cheeto

@Roland yes.... plz

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think we should just make the hotbar static 10 slots regardless of worn clothing.

+1

16 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think we should just make the hotbar static 10 slots regardless of worn clothing.

13 hours ago, CamoRP said:

To be honest, I find it stupid the hotbar isn't automatically 10 hotkeys like it use to be in the olden days (0.59?) ... I shouldn't have to throw on high capacity clothing for more hotkeys.

Absolutely this.

Having a default of 10 slots regardless of clothing would greatly close that utility gap. Military gear such as vests will still have their specifically designed perks in gear slots for grenades, damage absorbtion, etc. Civillian gear will become just that bit more useful to warrant without the need for milspec clothing to keep quickslots. 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Absolutely this.

Having a default of 10 slots regardless of clothing would greatly close that utility gap. Military gear such as vests will still have their specifically designed perks in gear slots for grenades, damage absorbtion, etc. Civillian gear will become just that bit more useful to warrant without the need for milspec clothing to keep quickslots. 

+1

3 hours ago, Roland said:

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Conor said:

giphy.gif

I did it.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d3ef028686a37533260f6b8&rid=giphy.gif

Will be in the next update.

~ With ❤️, Kerkkoh