Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-08-22, 21:11
Sign in to follow this  
OpTempest

Weapon Cabinets, Shelves etc additions.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Suggestion Details:

The furniture mod (already available on the Steam Workshop) provides much more immersive options for storing your gear. I think this should be introduced (reintroduced if it has been previously) as it just makes things a lot easier and keeps bases looking a lot tidier and much more immersive. I noted in a previous thread that the reason "gun racks" in specific were removed was because of gun hoarding. I have taken the Furniture mod and made some adjustments and reconfigured the mod itself to provide a more balanced approach (I used to Dev for ArmA 3 but didn't realise DayZ Standalone followed a similar method of CC Development).

This mod comes with the following additions, which should be more immersive and less Crate jungle than it currently is!

Original Creator: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125747848 (Kevin Skyline)

Original Modpack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1756150666

Changes that have been made:

  1. Gunrack shoulders decreased from 24 to 6.
    1. Row 1 (2 weapons)
    2. Row 2 (2 Weapons)
    3. Row 3 (2 Weapons)
  2. Gun Cabinet shoulders decreased from 8 to 4 weapons (+ 1 Pistol)

New "Reworked" mod: https://github.com/OpTempest/BaseFurnitureRework

I don't know if any developers have any ideas?

(P.s. I can write SQF etc, however I have no fucking clue how to set up a local server and it annoys me, so this is currently untested, however there is no reason why this shouldn't work.

hire me tom hardy GIF

Edited by Oscar Coates

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds interesting, way more balanced aswell.

If this works without messing with the server stability it's gonna get a giant +1 from me.

Share this post


Link to post

If it doesnt mess with stability then sure it could be a thing but i dont wanna see it become a way to horde guns.

If added it needs to be rare 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

If it doesnt mess with stability then sure it could be a thing but i dont wanna see it become a way to horde guns.

If added it needs to be rare 

  • I think the spawnrate can be defined in the types.xml in the Github Repo but the developers could be looked into that.
  • I have balanced the containers to mean that guns can't be hoarded and this would be enforced by the spawnrate.
  • I do think that hoarding will always happen, it's not something that can ever be defeated truly without removing persistent storage full stop, so if it's going to happen you may aswell try to limit it as best as possible but also at least make the place look a bit tidier/immersive.

Share this post


Link to post

First of all you have to make sure you are allowed to mod and repack others stuff.

Second, we had gun racks and it's not an issue of making them, we can do that in-house as we have before, the issue was that they are to easy of an item to hoard weapons in, resulting in dozens of racks in bases clotting up performance and decreasing weapon spawns in the world.

Now, we are aware wooden boxes are used in a similar fashion currently but they are being reworked for a release sometime soon where they won't hold weapons in the same fashion some other storage does not.

EDIT* Maybe I misunderstood, you want them to be findable like barrels or crafteable?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Misho said:

First of all you have to make sure you are allowed to mod and repack others stuff.

Second, we had gun racks and it's not an issue of making them, we can do that in-house as we have before, the issue was that they are to easy of an item to hoard weapons in, resulting in dozens of racks in bases clotting up performance and decreasing weapon spawns in the world.

Now, we are aware wooden boxes are used in a similar fashion currently but they are being reworked for a release sometime soon where they won't hold weapons in the same fashion some other storage does not.

1)

  • Bohemia only provide ADPL-SA, DPL and DPL-ND licensing for DayZ Standalone, all of which you are free to adapt (i.e. modify, rework or update) and share (i.e. copy, distribute or transmit) the material under certain conditions. Which include; non-profit, attribution, platform restrictions and derivatives.
  • The creator of this modpack has already stated that it falls under ADPL-SA.
Spoiler

F0he5za.png

2)

  • Yeah I am already aware, which isn't a problem! It's the exact reason I reworked the mod, to make it more balanced. I just thought I'd see if I could releive some workload (prove some ability in a sense).

3)

  • That's pretty cool. However it wont stop people from piling them 300 high. The main purpose for this suggestion is to introduce some more immersiveness and people could make their bases look more pretty. There is nothing more I hate than walking into a base and seeing 150 wooden crates in a mangled mess on the floor 🤣😂
Edited by Oscar Coates

Share this post


Link to post

Looks nice but, it would be really easy for people to hoard all the weaponry, depending on the spawns of the racks themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Realize said:

Looks nice but, it would be really easy for people to hoard all the weaponry, depending on the spawns of the racks themselves.

Yeah that would be down to the spawnrate. However the issue of being able to store 24 weapons in a rack is fixed with this rework of the mod that I did.

https://github.com/OpTempest/BaseFurnitureRework/commit/3e9eb4403893fff813b6a953f4f30797cad925b5

That's the specifc commit that turns it from 24 to 6 and then the gun cabinet from 8 to 4.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, more loot hoarding and especially gun hoarding.

-1 from me, i think there is more usefull things to add than this

Share this post


Link to post

People already hoard guns? wouldn't this just make it look nicer?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Drezen said:

People already hoard guns? wouldn't this just make it look nicer?

People do already hoard guns, I've seen many bases already have crates galore of AKs and M16s, even MP7s. Regardless, I'd love this mod. We could ACTUALLY do some nice building and base/house RP.

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, our own gun racks were able to hold 5 guns and they were abused to shit to mass hoard weapons.

Let us not go back to that awful time

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Nah, our own gun racks were able to hold 5 guns and they were abused to shit to mass hoard weapons.

Let us not go back to that awful time

Fair enough! What about the shelving and stuff then? Just think this clusterfuck of crates looks so ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Oscar Coates said:

Fair enough! What about the shelving and stuff then? Just think this clusterfuck of crates looks so ugly.

Here is the issue.

If the container is craftable, what stops people from making 38 million of them to hoard gear?

 

What stops people from hoarding massive amounts of stuff via tents is that, you cant craft them, you have to find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Here is the issue.

If the container is craftable, what stops people from making 38 million of them to hoard gear?

 

What stops people from hoarding massive amounts of stuff via tents is that, you cant craft them, you have to find them.

 

The shelves, racks, cabinets and storage containers in the mod you are unable to craft? You have to find them. So yeah - you can fit a lot of weapons in them, but good luck finding them. That's how you create the balance?

Also, you could edit the current storage boxes to make them a placement object with a shadow which prevents you from placing them ontop of other storage boxes?

Alternativley you could implement a rule? "Stacking more than (x) number of crates is considered Fail RP, offenders will receive (x) warning points and have their boxes, including contents removed).

I don't know 😛

Just throwing around ideas.

 

Edited by Oscar Coates

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Oscar Coates said:

 

The shelves, racks, cabinets and storage containers in the mod you are unable to craft? You have to find them. So yeah - you can fit a lot of weapons in them, but good luck finding them. That's how you create the balance?

Also, you could edit the current storage boxes to make them a placement object with a shadow which prevents you from placing them ontop of other storage boxes?

Alternativley you could implement a rule? "Stacking more than (x) number of crates is considered Fail RP, offenders will receive (x) warning points and have their boxes, including contents removed).

I don't know 😛

Just throwing around ideas.

 

Or... Hear me out...

 

We don't hoard loot? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Or... Hear me out...

 

We don't hoard loot? 😉

I wasn't suggesting we do 😉

I was suggesting methods to preventing loot hoarding whilst at the same time, making compounds look a little more like compounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Oscar Coates said:

I wasn't suggesting we do 😉

I was suggesting methods to preventing loot hoarding whilst at the same time, making compounds look a little more like compounds.

I suggest you look into creating a PCB using Rolle's system.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I feel the gun racks would make bases look nicer and not just crates everywhere but I do feel like it would make gun hoarding worse now my group does use tents and boxes for storage but we dont horde weapons due to other people already having so many. A way that could be fixed is somehow trying to create a way to only have a certain amount of guns in storage within a certain area ie only like 10 guns mac in someones base idk if its possible but thats my suggestion

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...