Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 11:38
Sign in to follow this  
OpTempest

S1: BadRP / Griefing in Novaya Petrovka - 28/07/2019

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 1, Novaya Petrovka (Apartments)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  28/07/2019 (Approximatley 05:30HRS GMT)

Your in game name:  Oscar Coates

Names of allies involved: @Drezen (Thomas Dahl), @Agent_Fishy (Andy Nguinen), @rwjpac (Eathan MacMillan), Spas Grabowski

Name of suspect/s: The District (Specific members unknown), Kill logs should provide specific names.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): The Legion (allies)

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

BEFORE ATTACK:

Spoiler

ZXU07jU.jpg?width=1202&height=677

AFTER ATTACK:

Spoiler

Txu0ikS.jpg

Spoiler

CaueAnI.jpg

Detailed description of the events:

I was not present during this attack, however I have logged into the server 3 hours later. The locks from all of the gates have been cut off (Not a problem), the tents have been stolen (meh.) but ALL of the storage crates have been ransacked (fair game) but then thrown off the roof and left there (why though?). Following on from this, the gate that was previously infront of the car tent has been dismantled for whatever reason. It must be noted that this was done whilst most members of the group were OFFLINE or DEAD after a relentless attack.

Backstory: This is the THIRD relentless attack on our base as a neutral group who has not had a chance yet to build any relationships with any groups. There has been very little to no RP storybuilding that leads to these raids and due to the raids we've relocated the base now on two occasions. All of the times it's been The District that have attacked us and the RP provided from what I am being told has been poor both times and for a neutral, friendly group that is looking to set up a sanctuary for people to come and ROLEPLAY is persistently being targetted by the same group for what roleplay reason exactly? This is attack number three in three DayZ.

FROM RULES

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

4.7 You may not bait other players into situations where you provoke the player into using hostile actions and then using kill rights to kill them. This is known as baiting.

From the Districts Group Page, these acts DO NOT follow their IC/OOC Goals in the slightest. They seem to be going completely off book attacking compounds which literally achieve exactly what they are looking for.

These acts VIOLATE the following goals that this group tries to achieve:

(IC GOAL) - Liberate compounds that choose to be exclusive and turn us and those in need away, we shall turn them into a refugee camp for DISTRICT to send people their way for supplies and protection I [Idefinate] [2/10]

Note: Our compounds SOLE PURPOSE is to provide sanctury to those in need and to provide a safe trading experience. A paramedic and doctor are homed at that base with enough medical supplies to treat anyone passing and everyone that comes by is welcome to use the green building (communal area) which is gated to protect them from raiders or sadistic individuals wishing to cause harm.

(IC GOAL) - Build connections in Chernarus with other groups in order to have as little interference as possible in hunting the people responsible for the deaths of previous DISTRICT Leadership I [Indefinite] -

Note: There is no building connections with groups when the group targets innocent neutral parties who want to have no part in their banditary actions.

(OOC GOAL) -  Have a group that does not focus on one type of RP, but instead gives a variety of RP depending on your relationship with the group.  -

Note: Our group has only known GUNPLAY/Relentless hostile RP with the District and at no point has had any part to play in creating the hositility. The District (or members of;) have made multiple active attempts to provoke others into initiation.

(OOC GOAL) -  (Try to) raise the bar for a mix of Hero RP and Hostile RP -

I personally, do not see a mix of Hero RP and Hostile RP. From the experiences we've had so far, the first time we met this group, we were greeted with a text chat initation of "Hands up or die" (words to that effect) and within 20 seconds arms, legs and fingers were flying everywhere.

FROM RULES

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

Closing Statement:

This group need to decide what it is they're trying to achieve, what RP they want to bring and what their group stands for, because as an approved group - they are not following the backstory/goals/ambitions that they've set out. This report covers both griefing and bad roleplay. I am sure that they have the ability to roleplay well, however in this circumstances - the roleplay is poor. I do not wish to target specific individuals in this case as I am sure there are members who participate well in roleplay; and their group thread is well thought out - but there is no point in having these values if the plan is to fob them off and just roll around as a group of 10+ making life difficult for people who actually want to roleplay with others - not spend their days running from the coastline so people can excersise their trigger finder.

Edited by Oscar Coates

DISTRICT was not involved other than @Rutkiy.

It was the Legion Corp. who raided as far as I am aware. @G19RP

G19 POV: We get contracted to help the people in the base, get their, kill a few Corporation and then someone on the roof engages us. We kill him and break in. We call the Wolfpack to gather the gear and leave. @FalkRP can explain better as I left before anyone had showed up to collect gear, and when I left no boxes were on the street or anything. What I do know is that one of your tents disappeared after restart do to it being grenaded in the fight. This "feature" has been occurring a lot recently and even happens with walls.

Posted (edited)

Close this report.

I've not been given accurate information for this report therefore will be revisited once I've spoken to the group. Apologies for any confusion. This is a bit of a clusterfuck.

The 2.3 report will be rewritten once I've had a discussion with the group and the other groups in question.

Edited by Oscar Coates

The staff team have taken your request into consideration and decided to honour your request and close the report.

/CLOSED

Signed by @Saunders & @Realize