Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 10:05
Sign in to follow this  
Rockenbach

Lore break?

I mean sure it's technically lorebreaking but its such a minuscule detail it should have no effect on anyone 

Posted (edited)

In the CTF we are devoted to helping the people. That's why we decided to print new maps, and we replaced the old ones. I do not see any lore break? 😉

Edited by William89

Who's to say there's not a group of selfless survivors going round adding new maps to the boards to allow all other fellow survivors to keep up to date on how things are looking two years into the apocalypse. Maybe some of the old maps were damaged so they added fresh, clean updated maps? 😉  

16 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Who's to say there's not a group of selfless survivors going round adding new maps to the boards to allow all other fellow survivors to keep up to date on how things are looking two years into the apocalypse. Maybe some of the old maps were damaged so they added fresh, clean updated maps? 😉  

Maybe, just maybe 

I mean we could always do a lore wipe..

Na this is just a tiny detail that cant be changed currently, just need to ignore it.

Alright, simple explanation: As Chernarus still exists as a nation with people and institutions, the Chernarussian Forest (Ranger) or Cartography Service has decided to replace all maps, even in SZ, or gave the task to some military unit and they did it!

49 minutes ago, Combine said:

-snip-

Highly doubt that the military or any government institution would, in an apocalypse scenario, spend resources on updating the trail maps of a part of the country that is run by bandits and PMCs 😄

It was me going around updating all the trail maps.

You're welcome!

First of all, the date isn't the most immersion breaking thing on that map.

What is the most immersion breaking thing on that map is that it has a map identifying marker FOR SHIP WRECKS!

very funny lol GIF

The Chernarussian government has a network of people who run around replacing maps on trails with better, newer editions. Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean that hikers have to get lost.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Major said:

The Chernarussian government has a network of people who run around replacing maps on trails with better, newer editions. Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean that hikers have to get lost.

This new change in the game of DayZ Standalone Version has made the lore and universe break beyond repair. As I have stated previously, I will now state it again "Where that lore wipe at tho?"

Edited by Zero

Like everyone else has said there are still a few good guys running around helping out by putting up maps 

By the way, folks: "Lore break" was just a joke. Chill.

It's not like something that wasn't noticed until now is gonna screw up someone's RP or muh immersion.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, RedSky said:

First of all, the date isn't the most immersion breaking thing on that map.

What is the most immersion breaking thing on that map is that it has a map identifying marker FOR SHIP WRECKS!

very funny lol GIF

Chernarussian map makers are that quick.

I have attempted to fix this and found it impossible.

As a result I will be quitting DayZ as it is a broken unfinished game that is ultimately unplayable.