Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 21:43
Sign in to follow this  
LJcollective

Super n00b q, but how does multiple characters work?

Can you have 2 active characters on the go at the same time? I've been playing my main man for a little but I wanted to mix it up and try something completely different however I'm worried about the if and how of us having multiple characters on the go? If I make a new character on dayzrp.com and then set it as my active character, change what I need on the launcher (putting in their full name) and then just join the server, will I be on a brand new character?

I'm only slightly worried about losing everything on my main character by doing this so I thought I'd ask first. Since despite playing for like 15+ hours I haven't been able to find a shovel or save anything so I'm running around with an entire shop on my back right now and would hate to accidentally wipe that by trying to make someone new. 

Posted (edited)

You will still have the same character in game, the only difference will be your name. You won't lose any gear.

Edited by GMAK

Ah ok, so if I want to truly create a new character with a new model and gear I'll need to do it after my current character on the server dies then?

1 minute ago, LJcollective said:

Ah ok, so if I want to truly create a new character with a new model and gear I'll need to do it after my current character on the server dies then?

Correct, you will need to die to switch player model.

Please note that if you switch to another character and then want to switch back to the character you were using at first there will be a 24 hour cooldown until you are allowed to revert back to the original character you were using.