Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 10:06
Sign in to follow this  
Mugin

Add Color/Texture Variety to Military Clothes

Military Clothes Texture Varieties  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Edit: The goal of this suggestion is to make mil clothing (particularly pants) look more civilian, and give us more variety. Along with throwing out other suggestions that may need tweaking or adding.

Perhaps this hasn't been implemented as the devs would prefer to see military models stay as military colors? Given there are military textured cargo pants now, I don't see this as the case.

I am hoping the devs could add color variants for all military pants specifically. As imo USMC pants have the best model.

Giving TTsKO/OREL, USMC, Gorka, BDU more variety in terms of texture and color.
Black, Green, Beige, Blue, Grey, etc..

I appreciated the recent additions to USMC textures, so do not think I don't think I am ungrateful for the devs hard work, I'd just like to throw this out as it doesn't seem unreasonable.

A better format for us to suggest specific clothing additions/texture additions could be needed as well, as I see these kinds of suggestions glossed over in Discord, and clutter the suggestion thread as they're so niche.

Regardless and again, thank you devs.

Edited by Mugin

I personally like to see more people wearing civilian gear so if more variations of military gear were to be added I feel that even more people would wear military gear than they do now which is the opposite direction I'd personally like to see things go. Of course if the community votes for and wants added variations of the military gear I'd be happy to concede as I'm all about what the community wants rather than just me as a person but personally I'd rather not see anymore military gear added.

3 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I personally like to see more people wearing civilian gear so if more variations of military gear were to be added I feel that even more people would wear military gear than they do now which is the opposite direction I'd personally like to see things go. Of course if the community votes for and wants added variations of the military gear I'd be happy to concede as I'm all about what the community wants rather than just me as a person but personally I'd rather not see anymore military gear added.

I'd hoped this could be a good middle ground to give military clothes (specifically pants) a more civilian look. Potentially adding the color of jeans to all the pants for example, as I see people rocking military pants more so than military tops.

I understand the sentiment to avoid people looking too much like super soldiers. This is just an idea to basically give more variants of cargo pants. Essentially pants with pockets on the sides, not just the "cargo pants" pants model.

I want to see more civ clothing. I would love to see clothing related to fishing, religion, hunting, police, and Chernarus.

31 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I would like more variety for all though I do think that more people should wear civilian gear.

One thing I think would increase the amount of people wearing civvies would be if items like the t-shirt, jeans, hoodie etc gave maybe 1 more hotbar slot than they currently do. Not sure if that is within the realm of things the developers are able to change but if it is, I would love to see it.

I like my T-shirt and jeans but only having 3 hotbar slots can be a pain sometimes as I have to constantly swap out what I have on the hotbar depending on what situation I am going into... I don't want to have to wear an assault vest just to be able to have quick access to my rifle, knife, pistol, bandage and whatever else.

1 minute ago, Conor said:

I would like more variety for all though I do think that more people should wear civilian gear.

One thing I think would increase the amount of people wearing civvies would be if items like the t-shirt, jeans, hoodie etc gave maybe 1 more hotbar slot than they currently do. Not sure if that is within the realm of things the developers are able to change but if it is, I would love to see it.

I like my T-shirt and jeans but only having 3 hotbar slots can be a pain sometimes as I have to constantly swap out what I have on the hotbar depending on what situation I am going into... I don't want to have to wear an assault vest just to be able to have quick access to my rifle, knife, pistol, bandage and whatever else.

I feel the exact same way mate, I had tracksuit pants, jacket and I feel FORCED to wear one of the assault vests that don't even look like vests to try and get that extra hotbar slot so that I get to have my essentials on my hotbar. I completely agree with us being allowed to have an extra hotbar slot for civilian gear. I understand you'd have more quick access with military gear but if we have 1-2 more hotbar slots with civi gear I think we'd fine more people dressing as civilians for sure!

@Mugin

Im having trouble understanding

Do you want the same camouflage pattern to me shared across multiple jacket and pants sets? Or do you simply want even more camouflage to choose from?

EDIT:
Forgive me, its 6AM and I have just re-read the post a few times.

You would like more base colour variants of currently implemented military clothing. I.E Black, Beige, Tan and Olive versions of regular military outfits.

That is certainly possible, but I would argue we already have more than enough variety when it comes to base clothing, I will however be looking into more neutral bases for the existing vests in the game, this being the UK Assault, Smersh etc.

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

@Mugin

Im having trouble understanding

Do you want the same camouflage pattern to me shared across multiple jacket and pants sets? Or do you simply want even more camouflage to choose from?

EDIT:
Forgive me, its 6AM and I have just re-read the post a few times.

You would like more base colour variants of currently implemented military clothing. I.E Black, Beige, Tan and Olive versions of regular military outfits.

That is certainly possible, but I would argue we already have more than enough variety when it comes to base clothing, I will however be looking into more neutral bases for the existing vests in the game, this being the UK Assault, Smersh etc.

That's the hope, to just make the military clothing a bit more civilian. Specifically pants, as I've noticed the once "civilian only" model of cargo pants, now have camo variants. 

I bring that up solely because people usually tend to have military pants with civilian tops. So I figured, why not give USMC and other mil pants a solid color. It would make people look more civilian in the end, and to be given the option of variety is nice.

18 minutes ago, Mugin said:

That's the hope, to just make the military clothing a bit more civilian. Specifically pants, as I've noticed the once "civilian only" model of cargo pants, now have camo variants. 

I bring that up solely because people usually tend to have military pants with civilian tops. So I figured, why not give USMC and other mil pants a solid color. It would make people look more civilian in the end, and to be given the option of variety is nice.

But there are already plenty of plain coloured civilian pants to choose from? The only thing we are gonna do by adding plain coloured military pants is to further increase the size of our mod for a variety that we are already able to achieve with existing items in game.

We have to prioritize and add what is missing/necessary, and at the moment there are many plain coloured pant and jacket pieces in the game already, we do not need more of those.

Instead let us look at what we do not have.

We do not have a Beige version of the UK Assault Vest or the Smersh, we also currently only have one version of the MICH Helmet Cover, which is TTsKO.

Personally, -1 from me. They're called "military uniforms" for a reason. Everybody wears the same camo for the terrain, there's no real special exceptions.

They are patterns for a reason. Making them something else means they aren't a pattern anymore. I own both military and civilian clothes in real life that I use for various and mixed things. 

No clue why you would want to make military clothing more civilian. It's like that for a reason, and in the real world fashion designers take popular designs like a bomber jacket or an army coat and make it civilian, but we already have that in the form of the bomber jacket and the M65.

If I take a painting and brush over it with green drab I'm not doing anything other than adding one ingredient over a composition of multiple ones that make up what's recognized as a painting. Take Rastr/Reed camo. Why would anybody want to fuck that up?

I'm always down for more civilian clothes, but there's no need to demilitarize military clothing.

-1 , No.

For the same reason as this... as Major said.

Spoiler

They are patterns for a reason. Making them something else means they aren't a pattern anymore. I own both military and civilian clothes in real life that I use for various and mixed things. 

No clue why you would want to make military clothing more civilian. It's like that for a reason, and in the real world fashion designers take popular designs like a bomber jacket or an army coat and make it civilian, but we already have that in the form of the bomber jacket and the M65.

If I take a painting and brush over it with green drab I'm not doing anything other than adding one ingredient over a composition of multiple ones that make up what's recognized as a painting. Take Rastr/Reed camo. Why would anybody want to fuck that up?

I'm always down for more civilian clothes, but there's no need to demilitarize military clothing.