Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:08
Sign in to follow this  
Brooks

Increase the slots for the Assault Backpack

Hello, this is a very simple suggestion. We all know that storage can be a bit of a fuss, and the space that a backpack provides is important.

I'm surprised to see that some of the backpacks that are smaller (like the Canvas Bag, for example, which is very small yet has 63 slots or so) have so much inventory space when compared to the Assault Backpack.

The Assault Backpack, according to the item description on the Wiki, was standard issue equipment for the CDF, yet it only has 42 slots, which is really not enough for the size of the backpack.

Just like the items available on the item shop (which have less slots than normal to eliminate any unfair advantage), I think that backpack slots can also be modified.

I think the slots for the Assault Backpack should be increased from 42 to 63. It only makes sense, and it would also give those players role-playing with the CDF group something to fit the look of a soldier better.

What do you guys think?

I wouldnt mind seeing an increase but i also wouldnt mind a decrease on some bags ingame

Posted (edited)

I think 42 is fine. Personally I believe the canvas bags should be reduced down to the capacity of hiking backpacks or down to 42 as well.

The reason why the Assault Pack has a low capacity is because of it's low profile. Stuff like the tactical pack, etc., has a huge profile and ruins camouflage.

Edited by Fuhqnugget

I'm not too fussed with the size of it now, probably because my character uses a hand crafted burlap courier bag and tracksuit top/bottoms. I don't feel the need to carry that much on me, just the bare essentials is what I tend to have on my character at any one time. That being said, should the community want an increase I'll be all for it but I personally don't see the need for it.

I feel like it should at least be put up to 60 slots 

Posted (edited)

I think overall the bags need to be buffed for their size... The combat backpack holds the same amount as the hunter backpack which holds the same amount as the Tactical backpack yet they're all different sizes. 

What I believe the sizes should be(Smallest to largest): ** means a change.

Buttpack (6x5)

School backpack (6x5)

courier backpack (6x5)

Improvised backpack (7x5) ** Reason: It's much more compact and doesn't look like it should hold the capacity of an actual backpack.

Hiking backpack (7x6)

Leather backpack (7x6) ** Reason: It's smaller and doesn't look like it would hold as much.

Assault backpack (7x6)

Hunter backpack (9x7)

Combat backpack (9x7)

Drybag backpack (9x7)

Mountain backpack (10x8)

Tactical backpack (10x8) ** Reason: It's larger and wider than the mountain backpack.

Field backpack (10x9)

However the assault backpack I believe is the right size, it's the smaller of the military backpacks and should stay at the same capacity.

Edited by Ciiber

I think Assault Back-packs should have 80 slots since they are so large and imposing and bright. The tan and black are shiny and brightly colored. They are large and weigh 3 kilos empty. For that size and weight, I think they should either be increased to 80 or at least made slightly flatter. 

13 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I think Assault Back-packs should have 80 slots since they are so large and imposing and bright. The tan and black are shiny and brightly colored. They are large and weigh 3 kilos empty. For that size and weight, I think they should either be increased to 80 or at least made slightly flatter. 

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Assault_Backpack Thing you mean the tactical backpack...

Color does not equal capacity.

But I believe since it's about equal the size to the mountain backpack it should have the same capacity.

44 minutes ago, Ciiber said:

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Assault_Backpack Thing you mean the tactical backpack...

Color does not equal capacity.

But I believe since it's about equal the size to the mountain backpack it should have the same capacity.

YES you are correct! The TACTICAL BACKPACK should be 80 slots since it's as big as the mountain backpack. Thank you for pointing that out. 

Assault backpacks aren't generally for extended operations, which is why they do not have a large capacity. They're smaller, more geared towards every day usage. You wouldn't go out and spend weeks on end surviving out of one of those as easily as you would with say the big mountain backpack, which is designed for camping trips and the like. I think the assault backpack is just fine where it is. It's great for taking a decent sized kit with you if you're going out to say patrol an area, do some light scavenging, or going into a hot zone and want some extra ammo carrying capacity.