Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 20:32
Sign in to follow this  
CactusJack009

Launcher Load Failed

Hey everyone. I'm having this constant issue where if I right click on DayZ to start the DayZ Launcher I get this error code (attached). I've tried verifying my game files, reinstalling C++ packages, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, unsubscribed and resubscribed to mods. I can't get this fixed at all! I'm pulling my hair out for two hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

errormessage1.png

Have you deleted Dayz + all of it's files and tried a fresh re-install?

@CactusJack009 try to uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (x86 version) AND then restart your computer. Then re-install the package -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 (do not use the Repair function). 

These steps can be found here - If it doesn't work jump into discord

Try to check whether the file SteamLayerWrap.dll really exists in the game installation directory. It should be placed in the Launcher folder: C:\program files(x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Dayz\Launcher . If file doesn't exist you should use the steam client function "Verify the Game cache" to restore the file. If it does exist, go ahead and delete the file and then try to re-download it manually from the website I linked in my post above.

This is how the files look in the Launcher folder. You are saying I should delete the SteamLayerWrap.dll and then do what exactly? I'm not quite understanding

filedirectory.JPG

Also, this is keeping me from playing on the server which is quite annoying lol

Delete the file and then verify integrity of game files. Just try this for now and if it doesn't work we will have to look at alternative fixes.

When you deleted the game did you also make sure that all of it's files were also deleted?

Also go to the following website (after deleting the launcher folder) and manually re-download the file rather than repairing it https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It may be because you have two of the same file in different folders. Do you have both a C and D drive?

If so you may have two different versions of Launcher combined in one folder, and that is causing the crash. If the verification of the game cache doesn't help, please manually delete the folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dayz\Launcher\ AND C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dayz\Launcher\. Try deleting both folders if you have them and then re-download it by running the verification of the game cache again.

If this doesn't work I have one more option and although the LAST RESORT it may have to come down to doing what I'd suggest.

I don't have the day files on both harddrives. Just the one. Deleted the folder, reran verification, and this did not work once again.

If it only recently broke, try to restore your PC from the closest backup date that's before it broke. Other than that you may have to try to do a complete factory reset of your PC to fix the issue. I honestly don't know what else to suggest apart from either one of these two things. If you continue to need assistance please don't hesitate to ask here and I'll be more than happy to continue to help you out in whatever way I can.

So, either one of these two options or hopefully another community member has some sort of idea to fix the issue that I've missed out or something.

I've even looked all over the internet for you mate and I don't see it suggesting anything else other than what I've told you to do. I'd 100% try to restore your computer to a backup date from when your dayz launcher did load without issue. If that doesn't work go for a full factory reset. I'd suggest putting all of your valuable information/programmes etc that you want to keep either on an SSD, another hard drive or usb stick.

Did a system restore to two days ago. Finally have it working after redownload. Not sure what on Earth caused this problem in the first place but it is now resolved. I really appreciate your help. I can't emphasize enough how thankful I am! See you in game survivor 😎 

@CactusJack009 Glad we finally go the the bottom of things for you. Just as a heads up, the DayzRP discord has a #help channel where you can find help much quicker and efficiently than here on the forums. There are also plenty of guides in the pinned messages of said channel. In addition, the "waiting for staff help" channel is a great alternative to both options discussed above should you ever run into anymore problems.

Once again, it's my pleasure and should you need anything else you're more than welcome to PM me. Stay safe out there 😉 

Of course @CactusJack009

/CLOSED at the request of the OP.