Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 02:11
Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy

New map

So basically it's what the title says, if possible it would be nice to see a new map other then Chernarus, it's fine and all but I would love for there to be lore about maybe a place in America, or somewhere else a little more exotic, not only that but it would revitalize the world adding more flavor rather then the same map that all of us know by the back of our hands basically, I know it's possible, just want to see what the rest of the community thinks, because I for one think it would be refreshing to see a new set of scenery.  Plus it would add some cool role play being in a completely different part of the world then Chernarus where we know all the natives hate foreigners and seeing the same old run down shacks basically.  Just my two cents.  

There are no suitable options as of right now. There has been multiple suggestions for the same thing and it's always the same answer (as you can see below). That being said, if we get a map available that would be suited for our needs I'd be all for it, providing that there is a separate servers for the separate map and it has that the new map and servers have their own lore.

image.png.53a052eceef3ed88a1d271f622b7aabc.png

Been over this before. There are no maps available with the quality we need. Namalsk and  official unannounced Bohemia map will come this year.

Got it, sorry didn’t see the other threads but figured it wouldn’t hurt to throw it out there!

Its a shame but in all honesty modding support has only just come to DayZ.

Id expect it to take a year or more before we see some decent maps arrive

9 hours ago, Cowboy said:

in America, or somewhere else a little more exotic

The problem with any american or exotic maps is that the objects, like houses and cars, are all russian & czech themed. Thus making those maps often just look a bit ridiculous, unless countless of hours are going to be poured into making custom assets, but I highly doubt that there are any projects of that scope going around at the moment.

Namalsk is probably the only contender, but there is no release date for it as far as I am concerned.

I’d love to see a new map but currently comfortable with what we got