Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 07:24
Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

NEW INFECTED

Posted (edited)

Zombies aren't scary anymore. Hordes I like. Zombies in normal numbers, not so much. It isn't creepy, isn't very threatening.

We are quite far into the apocalypse now. I'd like to propose less zombies WITH the addition of zombie variants OR not less zombies but still the addition of variants.

Hear me out. At this point in the apocalypse maybe there would be less zombies in South Zagoria. People have been around for a while clearing them out every day. So maybe they flow into the country like herds, okay fine. Either way they aren't that exciting or scary. So I suggest we add a variety of zombies types. Not sure how doable that is for the developers but I personally would love to see specific types of zombies.

Zombies that look different, some are fast, some are really tanky. Some are straight up creepy. Don't worry I am not talking some L4D types.

I feel that at this point in the apocalypse the infected could have mutated. Basic zombies would die off or be less prevalent due to natural selection. They aren't hard to kill so it'd be cool to see the infection bacteria itself actually fight back by mutating and creating more threatening zombies types in order to survive. Or maybe even infect other bacterial organisms or a parasite. Thus infecting humans or animals and creating newly mutated and strange zombies.

I believe this could create a great RP and PVE experience. In some situations there may be zombies so tanky  and genuinely terrifying you have to sneak around them. Or maybe there is one lurking around your settlement and you need a five man firing squad to take it down. I also feel that it could progress the infection lore.

Please share your thoughts, just an idea. Again NOT SURE HOW DOABLE THIS IS.

Edited by Glitch

While I think it's a great idea that I'd fully support, I believe it's been suggested before, and determined not possible at the moment with the current modding limitations.

Honestly just want the spawn rate bumped up a good bit. It's an apocalypse after all.

I'm pretty sure that this cannot be done to limitations unfortunately. However, should we ever be able to do these kinds of things it would make things much more interesting. Just imagine having to be on edge due to not knowing the speed, strength and stamina or some infected compared to others.. Now that's what I'd call a survival game. It would make things much more interesting survival wise, right now we know that we can KO any infected we want and whenever we want as they're all the same, minus their appearance. I really hope something like this will become possible soon, will make for some very interesting encounters.

"hur dur the lore says blah blah can no do comprende"

No just kidding. 😄

Whatever makes the game better go for it. If that means making the zeds tougher do it. There are subvariants of the infection, that much is clear. 

Sounds good on paper but when you're fresh on the coast kitted with a hardhat and a chambered Makarov trying to deal with a Tank it won't. I'm down for increased health (or something such as headshots are always kills, but body shots can go upwards of 6+) and spawn rate, I've never liked tanky AI in games, I'd much rather be zerg'd than face one enemy that takes an insane amount of time to deal with by yourself. One idea I thought was interesting was making zombies somehow dangerous to bases(jump/break walls?), the GM's could do small events, calling for the group and anyone else around to repulse waves of the undead to keep themselves and their gear safe.

Hey look, Survivor GameZ has new zombies that utilize horde behavior and arent as glitchy/clunky, these are in the base game files and could perhaps be utilized.

Bohemia devs are working on fleshing out the animations, but overall they work really well, speaking as one of the 5000 people they let in for the alpha.

We have messed with infected in the past and it seems responses are:

On one hand people call zombies boring... easy to KO.

On the other hand when zombies were buffed.... REEEEEE I get one hitted by zombie.

Never good enough... smh.

Posted (edited)

there is always a good side and a bad side to these suggestions. i feel like it would be cool to see something like this but might be a bad idea 

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

Hey look, Survivor GameZ has new zombies that utilize horde behavior and arent as glitchy/clunky, these are in the base game files and could perhaps be utilized.

Bohemia devs are working on fleshing out the animations, but overall they work really well, speaking as one of the 5000 people they let in for the alpha.

that infects face is a little fucked lol

Edited by aJoogie

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

Not a fan of the arms. Are these zombies or inflatable tube men? 😁

Posted (edited)

I like it how it is. Most of us can take on one or two even as a fresh spawn but you still have to avoid 3 or 4 when grouped together. They seem a mild threat with the potential to be a major threat.

Edited by andysuter

Just remove them I say, its more about the people/players IG now. The overall story arch has moved well past the infection and is more about the fight between good and evil it seems.

I'd prefer infected be used exactly how they are.

The numbers in the north are being increased due to lore events making things more dangerous, and GM's spawn them and wolves in occasionally.

But do not remove the infected. That doesn't really fit lorewise, at all.

I don't think variants would be beneficial for newer players.

I do think a horde mechanic would be nice. Have a horde constantly moving, with a radio broadcast being sent consistently alerting to the whereabouts of the horde. Events can be setup where another horde spawns and whatnot and players are contracted to eliminate hordes. Would definitely be interesting, especially if hostile groups met near the horde seeking the reward.

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Just remove them I say, its more about the people/players IG now. The overall story arch has moved well past the infection and is more about the fight between good and evil it seems.

that would kill the purpose of the game l o l this has to be the most stupid suggestion on infected I have ever seen in my 5 years of dayz lol...

6 hours ago, aJoogie said:

there is always a good side and a bad side to these suggestions. i feel like it would be cool to see something like this but might be a bad idea 

that infects face is a little fucked lol

6 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Not a fan of the arms. Are these zombies or inflatable tube men? 😁

Animations are W.I.P, they have already said they are gonna fix the animations to look less derpy, and to close the god damn mouth.

However the majority of the animations are top notch and work really well with the new AI Behavior.

Also did I mention suppressors actually work against these zombies?

Tanky enemies are always annoying to deal with. Having them be faster would be good I think, maybe having variations in how they move. Could have hordes of slower moving infected or scattered fast movers that are harder to hit. More hordes would be really awesome but I know that can be hard on performance. 

9 hours ago, xanx said:

that would kill the purpose of the game l o l this has to be the most stupid suggestion on infected I have ever seen in my 5 years of dayz lol...

So your only purpose IG is the infected?

1 hour ago, Craig said:

So your only purpose IG is the infected?

DayZ wouldnt be the same without infected m8

Yeah, it would be better.

Honestly since I can take down 3-4 infected at once with my sword, I'd like to see hoards that travel or something of the likes, that or at least different types or something, It'd be really nice to see something evolving to make us think of challenges.

Also... at this point weapons and ammunition would be scarce too but you see everyone and their grandma wielding and assault rifle.

Honestly bump up the normal zombie spawn rate by 2x and that would help it the infection has been going on for years and the number of infected will have increased it will help with lore and feeling more there. It would also help bump loot runs to air field down due to the fact there will just be so many 

3 minutes ago, Huntie said:

Honestly bump up the normal zombie spawn rate by 2x and that would help it the infection has been going on for years and the number of infected will have increased it will help with lore and feeling more there. It would also help bump loot runs to air field down due to the fact there will just be so many 

Well, I would love to see that, but there are 2 problems. 1. Server lag would probably increase to a high rate. 2. People bitch about any changes that make the game harder. I would propose a another idea, increasing the zombie spawns in military bases and large cities (Cherno, Novodmitrovsk, Svetlojarsk, Severograd, Novaya Petrovka, etc.)