Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 01:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

Grenades and NVFL

I recently posted a topic that led me to this question, and all situations are unique and thus verdicts can change vastly for two very similar situations, so I will condense my question to one specific question. 

Let's say for instance that you know a friend of yours is being held hostage inside a room, you enter holding a live grenade, and demand the release of the hostage.

Now sure this is a very dangerous maneuver, but the bad guys know that if he dies, so does everyone, so is it really worth killing him? It's perfectly safe to hold a grenade without the pin as long as you don't release trigger.

The rules state don't act in a way that shows no value for your life, but it's perfectly safe, it's essentially the same as holding a grenade with the pin in it, the only difference being it can go live in seconds with your death.

It isn't attempting to fight numerous hostiles at once, in fact it's the opposite of preventing the hostilities with the intent to rescue your friend.

But that is just my opinion, and overall, the admin team and Roland would have the final say. (Copied and pasted from my other post)

I personally don't see how this would be NVFL for the grenade holder, as it is perfectly safe. And this room for the sake of argument is small. The standard M67 Fragmentation grenade has a lethal radius of 5 meters and can kill up to 15 meters, That's 50 feet. Not far, but not comfortable for shooting a guy with a live grenade in a small space.

So in this instance, let's say I successfully insert myself into this situation and rescue my friend, and a report goes up for NVFL, how do you think the verdict would go for this report?

Same scenario but with a different ending, I insert myself into the situation with a live grenade, I get shot and killed, everyone dies. 

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I just wanted some context for this.

All reports are based on the situation at the time.

From me personally if the situation has RP like the one you mention here id be inclined to say not guilty when it comes down to NVFL (like any situation regarding weapons and whether or not they had a decent chance and environmental factors).

The only issue id have however is if it goes wrong and that grenade is used would you PK your character knowing that you did this RP interaction with a possible outcome of death? Obviously you cannot force PK on the hostage takers and the hostage from your actions so it would come down to you alone.

To cut a long story short it depends on the situation. If RP is involved with good interaction and the chances are there I wouldn't hit someone with NVFL unless they either just threw the thing with no RP in order to blatantly kill everyone (like we have seen in other reports) or they choose to not PK the character after basically signing their death certificate knowing the outcome if it doesn't work.

The way you describe it I don't really see a difference between a guy running into a room with hostage takers with a live nade in his hand and a suicide bomber. And suicide bombers are the epitome of NVFL. I would say that's a bad way to rescue your friend who will also die if you release that nade.

Sign in to follow this