Server time (UTC): 2019-10-19, 08:34
Sign in to follow this  
Major

What do you guys think of this?

4 minutes ago, tosstheball said:

naybe some tasks a random stranger asks to get done and some people can do it or some stuff like that

This ^  

like mentioned by some others it can get repetitive. However i think there was a time some GMs came to us in Novaya and were "tricksters" of sorts. 

Interactions where it involves tasks would be pretty cool, especially if done correctly

Posted (edited)

If the GM's are willing to do it then why not. It adds a nice spice to the server that mixes everything up a bit. Sometimes the running simulator to find someone gets a bit boring. Maybe there is a good way to work it into the lore without going too wild?

+1 from me

Edited by Not Pdizzle

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

I do distant screams and sirens as a warning of an incoming hordes of zombies. I think that's fine.

Supernatural demon talk and whispers... ehhhh... not so much.

I think that is also fine as it's still believable and to possibly be expected.

Next, I would consider it fine to have something in the "gray area", something that isn't totally random or out of this world like an invincible or teleporting axe murderer chasing you down while screaming (just an example). Oh, and / or 500 zombies chasing you in addition. Yes, exaggerated on purpose.

But "unexplained" sightings at night or at a distance, or "dubious noises" from a distance, perhaps even weird "glows" at a distance, all of this is what I consider to be viable. Could be a a survivor, right? Or maybe you are tripping or your sanity is wonky. Those are just examples and in the end, different people like or dislike different things or certain things at different "intensities", but I think that you please more people if you are tactful and keep things limited. A seemingly invincible axe murderer chasing you and doing impossible deeds like jumping from heights could be fun for some, but for others make it unrealistic.

Long story short I'd really either do hordes and keep it "as is", or focus on the mystery aspects of sightings or odd things that happen around you, without over-doing it.

All hail the cold one 

But I enjoyed my encounter when this happened to us. 

The boys from the ends had hust took shrooms and then we ran into the demon and we started tripping out and started a cult afterwards praising the cold one were still unsure in character if it was a trip or a dream and we still talk about it. Shit was so fun 

Thanks for the responses guys. 

Just now, Major said:

Thanks for the responses guys. 

Of Course Major you cutie 

Yooo this shit is so dope, i would be scared as fuck if this happened to me IG, would add something exciting or intense whilst being in game with a few friends or alone, let it happen!

I think it's pretty epic but there should be less physical contact/appearances

It’s someone in game that is mentally crazy I won’t say who but have fun because once you get alone shit will get even weirder. the office laughing GIF

It's the damn Wendigos. They're real!

This is a good idea and I can understand where the GMs are coming from but they need to be careful it doesnt come off as trolly. I personally would enjoy this, but I can see why some would find it immersion breaking. A scream or voice here and there is okay, but it can get too much too fast.

I'm for the idea. I mean we have zombies and radiation why not spook it up some. The area has been torn with conflict over the years it wouldn't be to far of a stretch to consider the place being haunted in some areas.

I recall back when we had those grand old mod tools, some friends and I made up some ghost/monster stories around Halloween specifically joking about a bloodsucker. We took some random people up to Black Castle where we had said the creature was. Apparently some admin had been listening cus after a few minutes a genuine Namalsk Bloodsucker started chasing around in the dark.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Well feedback is always nice and helps us to improve, we didn't do this to troll we did it to give everyone on the server something abit different to just base building and talking about what they will do whilst around a campfire (something we have seen a lot recently)

Now we can tone it down, we can go more with lore based folk stories next time however I would like to point out that it must have done something because as soon as we started the server went from 40 players to 80 instantly, maybe it was a random occurrence or maybe the news spread oocly and people wanted to experience something abit different to just talking and the odd horde.

But please guys give us more feedback, at the end of the day this is your server and with our powers now we can put on mini events or simple just make tiny things (such as ghostly noises from buildings) to spice up your RP as you travel from 1 town to another. One example of something I did was play a sound of people chatting and drinking in a bar as someone ran past only for them to open the door to nothing.

To be honest Voodoo, I'm genuinely quite disappointed you planned this.

I follow your GM work and quite respect the effort and enthusiasm you put into your role in staff and I really hope you and the other GM's learn from this experience. 

To me this seemed childish, trolly and downright rude. You interrupted internalRP between that group intentionally in order to test-run a roleplay scene. It wasn't planned or emoted, nor were any permissions given; considering this is a new experimental procedure, you should have at least notified the group beforehand and let them know of the events that will occur. It wasn't funny, scary or impactful to any of the characters in that scene, nor was it interesting or storyline developing. 

I personally think the GM's, LM's and the administration team should plan events directly related to the lore and/or group lore. 

(No hard feelings; I know you guys are just testing stuff out and and doing your best to try. Just step it down a few notches and focus on more solid, planned events. 🙂

I thought it was entertaining at first, but frankly it makes no sense to me (unless there's a story behind it), and I think I would prefer it to not occur anymore.

7 minutes ago, KingRP said:

I follow your GM work and quite respect the effort and enthusiasm you put into your role in staff and I really hope you and the other GM's learn from this experience. 

To me this seemed childish, trolly and downright rude. You interrupted internalRP between that group intentionally in order to test-run a roleplay scene. It wasn't planned or emoted, nor were any permissions given; considering this is a new experimental procedure, you should have at least notified the group beforehand and let them know of the events that will occur. It wasn't funny, scary or impactful to any of the characters in that scene, nor was it interesting or storyline developing. 

I personally think the GM's, LM's and the administration team should plan events directly related to the lore and/or group lore. 

(No hard feelings; I know you guys are just testing stuff out and and doing your best to try. Just step it down a few notches and focus on more solid, planned events. 🙂

I think that's a tad harsh for Voodoo.

The GMs DO NOT have to consult us for every little thing they do, the purpose of this thread was merely to gauge what members feel. The Lore as a nebulous entity doesn't have much to do with this. The people who experienced it enjoyed it but were confused. 

Not everything has to fall into a category. The reason why I made this thread is so that the staff can understand better what people enjoy and want to see.

18 minutes ago, KingRP said:

Gonna disagree here. There is no way to gain real, genuine feedback if it's planned and the party knows about it. Sure, ask for perms for hoards if that's what you want, but for events like this, they have to start somewhere. 

Personally any attempt at spicing the game up rather than just pvp or campfire rp is better than nothing.

17 minutes ago, KingRP said:

To me this seemed childish, trolly and downright rude. You interrupted internalRP between that group intentionally in order to test-run a roleplay scene

This is incredibly aggressive for a veteran gm trying to help make things more interesting. 

Not everything is about internal roleplayers, things happen that can be out of their control. A gm shouldn’t have to ask if they can “interrupt” their internal roleplay. 

He was trying to spice up run of the mill what are we gonna do today rp, I’m sure he’ll take the criticism people are giving him and improve next time but damn. 

Guys its fine @KingRP has his opinions.

Fact is we did this to stop the repetitive spawning of zombies or wolves in order for you as a community to have a day of something different. To get you out of the comfort zones and push you to have abit more interaction with eachother, instead of robbing someone for a gun instantly people were talking about what they experienced. 

We knew it would be 50/50 with some liking it and some hating it but like any RP if it goes too far people can simply // and let us know. Ill hold my hands up and say maybe yes it did go abit too far in the end and for that I apologise not only for myself but for the other GM's involved aswell. 

Simply though we want to get abit more out of the server for you guys rather than just talking or robbing and im sure everyone can agree hordes are getting abit boring. So how would you all feel to something a little toned down from demons like simply the odd sound from a house that would make you either run or investigate? Inspiration for some odd events comes from games like Metro

Spoiler

I've quite enjoyed the demon that's been running around Polana the past couple of days, keeps things interesting and everyone on their toes because you never know when he's going to pop by. Much like with the hordes that happen on occasion this is something to spice up the everyday shit we do and I enjoy it and look forward to it happening further.

Gosh you all take this game way to seriously. We are in a made up country, trying to survive in a zombie Apocalypse, oh and on top of that it seems everyone from around the world wants to come to backwater Chernarus and live. But you tell me demon's are to silly? Alright then. Either way Voodoo tried doing something different, tried doing something creative, he took time out of his day to make rp a little less stale and I appreciate that. In my opinion it is way better than just spawning a horde of zombies next to a base and leaving. What rp does that offer? What do I gain from that situation? Ah yes. Nothing. Just a empty mag. 

Any who all this is my opinion. 

Good to finally see something different. RP is pretty boring atm and this is a good start to spice things up.

It needs improvement sure but this could lead to some amazing things. 

+1

I honestly think that there is a lot of potential for the use of the admin tools that you have access to right now that goes beyond simply spawning stuff on top of people.  Take the following scenario:

You and your friends are walking though a forest as it is getting dark and you suddenly hear the frightened screams of a child.  You go to investigate where you think the sound came from and as you get close you hear the child scream for help off in the distance, so you go follow the voice.  The voice sounds like it is moving with the child occasionally calling for their mother/father etc and asking why the "monsters" are coming for them etc etc and you also hear the voices of the child's parents respond or call for their child.  You keep following the voice and occasionally some "ghostly lights (glow sticks/torch/lamp) until you finally reach a clearing only to find the dead bodies of the family which contain useful/rare items or perhaps you stumble into the horde that the family had been running from, waiting for something living to come their way.

I am sure there are people in this community who could come up with way more creative stuff, but this is just an example  to hopefully get the staff thinking outside the box and doing something a bit more creative than spawn [Threat] on group of people.

That video clip is just going too far tbh and feels like an abuse of the admin tooling.

I know you're just trying to bring an experience to another player but this seems rather trolly to me. I think I'd prefer to have some sound clips instead of actual VOIP because hearing someone breathe into their mic and whisper "I see you" or "Sacrifice" isn't really entertaining as it just sounds like any normal person talking through VOIP. Not only that but it seems like this is happening way too often and Ghosts and demons don't haunt entire maps.. On top of that most of the passive RPers that encounter this treat the demon as if they're just another person and talk to them like a normal human being... it's obviously not getting the right effect if people are shaking it off as if a ghost isn't haunting them.

I'd prefer anomalies like in metro where you go to a certain location like for example a school, and you hear the laughs of children echo through the building and light footsteps running around the floors above you. 

Maybe even a person staring at you from a rooftop or window but then when you take notice they disappear. 

I already blame cars flipping out on "Anomalies".

But in all honesty I think we should all improve on this and not only the staff doing it, because I'm not liking this whole thing where people are treating this as a joke in-game.

2 minutes ago, Dustup said:

You and your friends are walking though a forest as it is getting dark and you suddenly hear the frightened screams of a child.  You go to investigate where you think the sound came from and as you get close you hear the child scream for help off in the distance, so you go follow the voice.  The voice sounds like it is moving with the child occasionally calling for their mother/father etc and asking why the "monsters" are coming for them etc etc and you also hear the voices of the child's parents respond or call for their child.  You keep following the voice and occasionally some "ghostly lights (glow sticks/torch/lamp) until you finally reach a clearing only to find the dead bodies of the family which contain useful/rare items or perhaps you stumble into the horde that the family had been running from, waiting for something living to come their way.

See that is a great idea. These are the things we can do as a community don't rely only on loremasters to give you some major lore event to spice up your RP session, as a community we can work together to give ideas and as staff we can provide you with fun interactions. 

Im not saying we will do it every day that would get repetitive but to give you guys a variety in mini events can only lead to good things in my eyes. It will lead to people logging in for the hope that something will happen, it will lead to streamers showing this community has some rare events that spice things up as they move in the boring times from one town to the next.

I'm all for situations like this but I think the situation in the video was pretty trolly, IMO. This is my opinion as an outsider who has no clue what the whole situation of the group/dynamic was. I think if it was done in a little bit of a more subtle way, it would be great. Like Ciiber said above me, I'd prefer area based "haunts", let the story of them develop IC, people travel to those areas because they either don't believe it or because they're idiots.

Let people investigate these demons/anomalies just like they do IRL. Maybe put in a haunted village somewhere in the map without telling people it's been added, let someone stumble across it and discover the creepy vibe of it, spread the rumors and let it grow from there.

This is just my opinion, but I think that's a better idea than just popping up out of nowhere with "I see you".