Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 17:48
Sign in to follow this  
StretchArc64

s2 Greifing

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S2 Electro

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 7/22/19 @1400 -7/24/0500 @0500

Your in game name: Killian Arclight 

Names of allies involved:  Tim Kingston, Rob Banks 

Name of suspect/s: unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): our red sedan  in base 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  no video screen shot as i was away on vacation

Detailed description of the events: on 7/22/19 @about 1400 i "woke up" in base to my friend saying someone was breaking in just prior to my awakening and he was had just rebuilt what they broke. He stated that he fired some warning shots and they ran off. My original reason for login was just to do a quick look around the base. as i was leaving for a few days IRL vaction. we waited around and didnt hear any sound so i logged saying i was going back to bed. I then logged back in on 7/24/19 to find the base was broken thru 4-5 walls and compleatly raided for what appears to be no reason. all the barrels were open and lots of things stolen. After speaking to a member in the support discord, I believe this is griefing considering the amount of walls they broke, and the fact that they were given a warning shot they must not of had any value for their characters life and just waited until we logged out to break in.

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

20190724033901_1.jpg

20190724034943_1.jpg

20190724034956_1.jpg

Edited by StretchArc64
adding picture that show it was broken from the inside as planks and nails were remaining

Hi @StretchArc64

First and foremost I would like to mention that breaking into somebody's base and raiding it is not against the rules. 
From what you have stated in your POV, it was raided for "no reason". Every base raid usually happens for the same reason. Someone needs the stuff inside of the base.

After reviewing your evidence brought forward, it appears that only the lower parts of walls have been broken into in order to get into different compartments of the base. This is not griefing. You are allowed to break a wall to get through to another section to raid it. It is all within the rules. The fact that they only broke the lower parts to crawl through and didn't make an effort to break any other upper walls for a malicious intent, makes us belief that it was a simple base raid.

If you decide to make a base to store your items, you do so at your own risk. Our Rules do not protect you from being raided. People are allowed to raid your base and steal from you.

Griefing would be leaving items on the ground to despawn, breaking multiple walls down for seemingly no purpose (not just the lower parts to crawl through) and destroying someone's belongings for absolutely no in character reason and more as a malicious intent to ruin someone's day. We do not see griefing here.

/closed

Signed by @Phoenix & @Voodoo