Posted (edited)

Server and location:  S1, Novaya  Petrovka

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  12:30 PM GMT 8:30 EST

Your in game name: DeAndre Young

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s:  Brooks Bosa Aka CharlieD

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  Sorry for terrible vid quality 

Detailed description of the events: My group was going out to see if their was still a fight happening at a friends house where a lot of us were killed around an hour before, we had been looking for Brooks all day because a woman named Storm Invicta said he was planning on hiring someone to attack Randy's home. I arrived outside being shocked to instantly see in OOC that brooks was planning on Ghosting, I then decided to file a report.

Edited by LittleBoFo
Rephrase, additional evidence

Posted (edited)

Benny Martin POV:

Prior to this situation, I was held up by God knows who for walking on the train tracks while a firefight went on in Novaya. They strip me of my weapon and tell me they will compensate me by taking me to the base mentioned by the OP and will allow me to take an M4 or two. I arrive at the base and Brooks Bosa is already there. I start going through the tents in an attempt to find an M4 when I try reloading an AK74-U and crash, twice. By the time I've loaded back in twice and realized to just drop the glitched gun, I walk out and only Brooks Bosa was there. He tells me this base is now his as he is claiming it for himself. We both attempted getting into the chests and crates in the back of the black car tent, but a chopped tree prevented us from getting all of them. Brooks mentions 2-3 times how he's going to ghost into the other side of the car tent while I searched for flashlights and batteries to leave in the dark. Each time, he failed and was pushed out by the tree before ultimately giving up. We kept hearing footsteps outside and tried communicating with whoever was out there, and nobody responded. I realized there was no way to get to the goods without the tree despawning on restart, so I go to hop on the roof and get out when I fall between the tent and the tree somehow. I couldn't get out so I got pissed and logged out and went and did IRL things until now.

Three things to point out:

I didn't throw a report up yet because the way he was RP'ing, I thought he was new and was going to speak to him once I was back home about there not being any exceptions to ghosting. As well, I didn't start typing OOC because I have been here long enough to know you don't start calling people out for rulebreaks IG and breaking immersion.

This is my first time ever meeting Brooks Bosa and I was only in the area because my hostage takers took me there. I didn't leave because I couldn't see but two feet in front of me and didn't want to get mauled by zombies walking out of town.

@LittleBoFo  Stop getting so caught up in getting someone banned that you forget to RP. At any point you could've came and talked to us about what was going on, but instead you sat there and relayed information about his location and asked your friends to come initiate without hot-mic'ing. 

EDIT: I spoke to @LittleBoFo and asked him to check if he had more video so his original video didn't seem like metagaming. Not pursuing it, just wanted to ensure he knew how it could be viewed.

Edited by Ke Ke

Calling in @CharlieD for his full and detailed POV. Please explain the chat and connection logs onto S1 and S2 that we found in the post below.

Connection Logs: 

Spoiler
-S1-
23:52:24 | Player "Brooks Bosa" is connected
00:28:18 | Player "Brooks Bosa" has been disconnected
00:30:52 | Player "Brooks Bosa" is connected
00:31:51 | Player "Brooks Bosa" has been disconnected
00:34:16 | Player "Brooks Bosa" is connected
-DEAD-
01:07:31 | Player "Brooks Bosa" has been disconnected

-S2-
00:29:11 | Player "Brooks Bosa" is connected
00:30:11 | Player "Brooks Bosa" has been disconnected
00:32:37 | Player "Brooks Bosa" is connected
00:33:24 | Player "Brooks Bosa" has been disconnected

Position Logs:

Spoiler

-Server 1-
23:46:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3305.6, 13491.4, 213.2>) 
23:56:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3304.9, 13492.1, 216.3>) 
00:01:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3306.0, 13490.2, 213.2>) 
00:06:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3304.1, 13491.4, 213.2>) 
00:11:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3302.1, 13491.7, 213.3>) 
00:16:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3302.1, 13491.7, 213.3>) 
00:21:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3301.9, 13491.6, 213.3>) 
00:26:01 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3306.0, 13492.2, 213.2>) 
00:36:01 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3312.0, 13495, 219.2>) 
00:41:01 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3308.6, 13487.1, 213.1>) 
00:46:00 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3311.9, 13493.8, 213.9>) 

-Server 2-
00:29:55 | Player "Brooks Bosa" (pos=<3305.7, 13493.3, 213.2>) 

Chat Logs:

Spoiler
23:59:19 | Chat("Brooks Bosa"): // GO S2 then go to the back log in back in s2
23:59:22 | Chat("Brooks Bosa"): // s1*
00:25:25 | Chat("Brooks Bosa"): // i can hop onto server 2 but u would probs report me XD
00:27:07 | Chat("Brooks Bosa"): // If this dont work ima server switch cause its not our fault the trees bugged
00:44:18 | Chat("Brooks Bosa"): // go s2 then s1

Posted (edited)

We got to loot a raided base but a bugged tree in the car tent was preventing us from getting the chests were we thought the good loot was like m4s and automatic weapons. I hint many times that i might try to ghost in because were the tree was there no reason it should be blocking us so yes i attempted to go onto server 2 and back to server 1 to see if it would stop the tree blocking which it didint. The other time i logged out of s1 and onto s2 was because i was stuck between a wall and a tent which i tried for 10 mins to get out but it did not work. 

Edited by CharlieD

Added position logs

Summary:

@CharlieD is taking part in a base raid when he comes across a bugged tree that is preventing him from getting to a couple of sea chests that he believes has the best weaponry in. He then OOCly hints that he is going to hop servers to get around the tree so that he can gain access to said chests. He then proceeds to hop from server one, to server two and then back to server one to gain access to the chests but it doesn't work and he comes away empty handed.

Explanation:

@CharlieD ghosting between servers to gain an unfair advantage is strictly prohibited here at DayzRP and although you did not gain access to the hidden treasury, the intent was still there. You must remember that although there are two servers, we are in fact playing in one world and hopping servers to try and combat an issue like this is not only immersion breaking but against the rules. In future, do not hop between servers to gain an unfair advantage that would otherwise not present itself if there were only one server.

@LittleBoFo on several occasions during the video evidence you have provided you transfer in character information via a third party communication programme without relaying said information in game at the same time. This is called metagaming and also goes against one of our core rules here at DayzRP. In future, all in character information that you transmit via a third party communication programme must be double mic'd and relayed in game to avoid breaking the metagaming rule.

Spoiler

2.5 Ghosting is switching between multiple game servers in order to gain an unfair advantage. For example, using multiple servers to get past defenses of a base that exists only on one of the servers, change your location to log back in behind enemy lines during active hostile situation or switching between servers to loot the same location twice in order to obtain more loot.

3.6 Using OOC communications like Discord, TeamSpeak or others to transmit or receive information related to in game situations is only allowed when you have a personal radio item in your inventory. As soon as your character loses the ability to speak or use the radio - for example has died, is unconscious, has been gagged, is surrendering (F1 or F2 animation), is handcuffed or had your radio item or clothing containing it removed from your inventory - you may not receive or transmit any in game information through OOC communications. While in presence of other players all such communication should also be transmitted in game using "double mic" mechanic. This means transmitting both through in game VOIP and external software simultaneously.

Outcome:

@CharlieD - Ghosting - 3 day ban and 10 warning points

@LittleBoFo - Metagaming - 3 day ban and 10 warning points

Signed by @Saunders & @Realize