Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 18:41
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Staff Feedback: Andysuter

Im 25 trapped inside a 47 yr old body. Im the proud husband of an ex wife. I have two kids, a 14 yr old son whose just like 'kevin the teenager' and murders me on whatever games we play plus a daughter whose 9 going on 18. 

Ive been RP'ing for around 35 years (yes... we all looked like stranger things actors)  and started with desktop games like middle earth. Tried D&D but didn't like it. Had a long time rp'ing on star wars galaxies before they switched the servers off. 

Only been playing Dayz since june so im someone flying the flag for Noob. 

Feel free to leave me any feedback. Hopefully its good, but if its bad, make sure you didn't mix my name up with another staff member 😉

Template below-

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Posted (edited)

Hey Andy, as I mentioned before here some feedback for you.

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: / 

In this question thread of Qnr you state your opinion (?) ... or answer a staff question with another question which you then answer yourself. @Conor clearly wanted to figure the staffs definition of a unambiguous hostile intent. You state that if someone points a gun at you that it appears hostile & life threatening, to you. 

Your statement is not only pretty much adding nothing to the question but also it is quite confusing.

If another player runs up to you and aims his gun - without saying anything - there is no context, no demands, no consequences. If it came to a report it can be seen as an invalid initiation. Depending on the GMs dealing with it. One is in fact not always allowed to just gun that person down because "maybe life threat", to my understanding.

37e1365783.png

It always depends on the individual situation ofc.

Making such a generalized statement as a staff member can cause confusion, especially for the new people around here.

Suggestions for improvement:

In this case you could have thought twice about if your post was actually needed since the question has been answered by Rolle before. Make sure you take the time and check through your statement a second time, especially dealing with rule scenarios🙂 .

Edited by Ron

Thank you Ron, I will take the feedback onboard as I move towards completing my first week as a staff member 🙂