Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 02:22
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

REVOLVERS! What would you like to see?

REVOLVERS  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Bandit: You need to ask yourself, did I shoot 5 or 6? Well do ya feel lucky? Well do ya... punk?
Me: Well what revolver is that? A Nagant M1895 or a S&W model 29? 
Bandit: ...what?

I'm sure everyone here can say with confidence that we all recognize a revolver. There are many different revolvers out there and many have served well in the line of duty both on the battlefield and on the city streets. They have represented the freedom of the America West and civil order in the United Kingdom. Revolvers are the icon of the American firearm. So, I want to know, which revolver would you like to see added to the DayZRP server?

I own all the revolvers listed. My personal favorite is the Webley Mk: IV for it's top break design. A simple explanation of the differences in some of these revolvers: Single action requires the user to manually pull back the spur on the hammer to chamber the next round after every pull of the trigger. With out this action, pulling the trigger will not work. Double Action allows the user to continuously pull the trigger with out having to pull the hammer back. Most modern revolvers use the combination of both Double/Single Action. But revolvers predating the invention of double action, only use single action. The Model 3 and the Single Action Army are such revolvers. Top Break design was a clever invention of quickly ejecting all empty cartridges from the cylinder so that new ammo can be added faster. Prior to this, rounds had to be inserted one by one by the user cocking the hammer back slightly and turning the cylinder and using an ejection rod to push out used cartridges and insert a new round. The Mk IV & Mk VI and the Model 3 use this design. 

Side Note: I am aware that the Devs can not add revolvers at this time. I just hope that when our wonderful Devs have the time and the tools to make a revolver, they know what the community desires first. 

(Russia) Nagant M-1895: Chambered in 7.62x38mm rimmed cartridge: Double/Single action but rounds must be ejected one by one. This revolver uses a unique design that pushes the cylinder up to the barrel to create a strong gas seal. Essentially, this revolver can be successfully suppressed. 
main-qimg-299b008495cb893faa0a4019a0ca16dd.jpg.76a76c806d5e1830eb164f5f72d8e08e.jpg
Nagant-1895.jpg.c9dc6ac5587639592d1f825e830736e5.jpg

(United States) Smith & Wesson No.3 Russian Model: Chambered in .44 Russian: Single action with top break reloading. This revolver was created per request of the Russian Empire. It rarely saw action in the US and was primarily a side arm for officers and solders in Russian Empire. Many of these revolvers are still around to this day. 
2025718707_800px-Sw_russian.jpg.b90e6a026f92c154f8a9604135d4cf97.jpg

(United Kingdom) Webley Mk IV or Mk VI: Chambered in .38 SW or .455 Webley: Double/Single action with top break reloading. I own the Mark IV. The revolver was used heavily during WWI and WWII and was primarily used by officers, pilots, and tank crewmen. Despite so many being developed, they were not fired often and many were retired for police use. In fact my own model was fired 6 times in its entire life before I purchased it and it was made in 1938. The Webley has been remade once more into the Mk VII which is now chambered in .45 acp and .357 Magnum due to it's popularity. The man I purchased my pistol from said, "This is the English Gentleman's pistol." I must admit, it looks beautiful.  

300px-Webley_Mark_VI-IMG_7367-white.jpg.01ac4b11417ee9d0f0d2eb8ce1b784ca.jpg

640px-Webley_IMG_6793.jpg.bb21e72f02537f6eaa729fff3a4c9ad7.jpg

Anderson-Wheeler-Mark-VII-.357-Magnum-Revolver-1-anderson_wheeler-980x548.jpg.692ccdfb435b1db2f1ada9c9ad5df5bb.jpg

(Russia) RSA Kobalt: Chambered in 9mm: Double/Single action. This little beauty is a Russian designed copy of the K-Frame design of the Smith & Wesson model 10. This revolver is used mostly by Police. Russia has a history of showing the revolvers great respect and putting it to full use. The Russians understand reliability. They understand a revolver. 

RSA_Kobalt.jpg.39798bea8ade9d85f49f47a8e2249d0f.jpg

(United States) Colt Python: Chambered in .357 Magnum/ .38 Special: Double/Single action. From "The Walking Dead" to "Starsky & Hutch", this beautiful revolver is the icon of the "modern revolver". Unfortunately, Colt ceased manufacturing the Python. This revolver has primary use as a match revolver. Accuracy and low recoil. My father and I own one. They are amazing to shoot.

gun4-1-770x435.jpg.71dc47c43aa26b0afaa875fabb4077b8.jpg

Colt-Python.jpg.02e884f898873bb1c8f61a99d54ac3ca.jpg

(United States) Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker): Chambered in .45 Colt: Single action. "The Gun That Won the West" is a title only given to the Colt Single Action Army (SAA). This little beauty is arguably what began the rise of the Revolver and the design all gun manufacturers tried to copy. This is the "Cowboy" gun everyone thinks of and the icon of the Classic Revolver. Like the M-1895, this revolver needs to have each cartridge ejected one by one and have a round inserted in each empty cylinder. Not the fastest reloading but with practice, you could out shoot a semiautomatic. Newer models now fire the .45 acp.

1956prime2.jpg.9144c604f1245e7933fe39fdeac5c849.jpg

Umarex-Colt-Peacemaker-Air-Gun.jpg.56c90439edbeef7c247d278821a19595.jpg

(United States) Smith & Wesson Model 25: Chambered in .45 Colt/ .45 acp: Double/Single action. Arguably my favorite modern revolver. I love the .45 Colt cartridge and his little brother the .45 acp. This beautiful Smith and Wesson packs a punch and drops game with ease. You can not go wrong with a revolver like this on your hip or thigh. 

75-model-25-review-1517320349.jpg.d321c187eb9aa56706af37f17084187b.jpg

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

No revolver animations as of yet, not possible until we either:

1. Get animation tools (Soon TM)

or

2. Bohemia DayZ devs fix the revolver already in the files.

Just now, Ducky said:

No revolver animations as of yet, not possible until we either:

1. Get animation tools (Soon TM)

or

2. Bohemia DayZ devs fix the revolver already in the files.

I know. I did mention that in the post. I just want to have a helpful poll for when the time comes. I hope you enjoyed this poll. And I hope you voted. 

Smith and Weeson Model 29 44. Magnum

It'll blow your head clean off.

Nagant or nothing...

I voted for all of them. To be honest I want a revolver that can kill someone on the first shot at center mass (if they have no ballistic protection).

You'll need the stopping power of a .44 magnum such as Smith & Wesson Model 29, or other calibers of powerful revolvers such as Marlin BFR .450 or Taurus 454 Raging Bull .454.

I want basically all-of-the-above. However if I had to add my own suggestion, I'd love to see a revolver that shoots .410G shotgun ammunition ala the Taurus Judge:

image.png.76c646cfe60739dd5487c8ae8d7f30c6.png

I just want my old revolver that you can spin the chamber and actually works for russian roulette 

Colt Python would be exciting to see but I don’t know how it would work with putting it in the holsters