Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 07:24
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Sickness

Posted (edited)

Not sure where to post this but at the moment sickness can be permanent with no way of curing it, I have it right now where if I try to drink small amounts of water I puke 3-4 times out the blue then stop I try using antibiotics but they do nothing.
Can this sickness be either fully removed or fixed?

Edited by Eagle

I've fixed what people seem to be unfix-able through eating like 4 vitamin tablets and then 3 tetracycline while being full food and water.

I will say though, it took a little bit to get rid of and a few tries of what I suggested above so don't expect it to disappear fast. Also, remember to disinfect rags as that's the way it tends to happen.

13 minutes ago, Mexi said:

I've fixed what people seem to be unfix-able through eating like 4 vitamin tablets and then 3 tetracycline while being full food and water.

I will say though, it took a little bit to get rid of and a few tries of what I suggested above so don't expect it to disappear fast. Also, remember to disinfect rags as that's the way it tends to happen.

What? rags now give you a new disease that acts as a puking simulator sometimes jeez.

Just now, Eagle said:

What? rags now give you a new disease that acts as a puking simulator sometimes jeez.

They've done it for a while, if they're not disinfected you get fairly sick.

Alcohol tincture, keep it on you or just use the medical bandages.

You literally get sick for everything, i tried taking some charcoal tablets but that didnt work either. 

I can totally understand the pain with the sickness, but since people are looking for some realism I don't think it would be removed unless some sort of bug arose. If you take medicine it will go away, I have even had to take a whole packet to get rid of the sickness.

sickness isnt a big deal imo.
its easy cured most of the times.
you just have to pay attention. dont drink from the same canteen as sick people.dont cook while sick.
stay away from sick people. disinfect your stuff. should keep you healthy

1. Take 1 Tetracycline pill (Antibiotics)

2. Empty your drinking container onto the ground.

3. Use disinfectant spray or rubbing alcohol on the container.

4. Fill container with fresh and clean water.

5. Use chlorine tablets on the container before consuming.

You take a pill every time the pill icon disappears, until you are eventually cured, and you have to drink from sterile containers to avoid re-infection.

Drinking from a container while sick with contaminate the container, hence why you have to disinfect it and purify whatever water is inside.

Just now, Ducky said:

1. Take 1 Tetracycline pill (Antibiotics)

2. Empty your drinking container onto the ground.

3. Use disinfectant spray or rubbing alcohol on the container.

4. Fill container with fresh and clean water.

5. Use chlorine tablets on the container before consuming.

You take a pill every time the pill icon disappears, until you are eventually cured, and you have to drink from sterile containers to avoid re-infection.

Drinking from a container while sick with contaminate the container, hence why you have to disinfect it and purify whatever water is inside.

I drink from pumps that should be one the pure elements right? 
I have taken two packs of antibiotics nothing.

Just now, Eagle said:

I drink from pumps that should be one the pure elements right? 
I have taken two packs of antibiotics nothing.

Follow the steps precisely, find a container to drink from instead of drinking directly from the pump.

I find that the longer you are sick, the longer it takes to cure.

The easiest way to avoid staying sick is to carry antibiotics on you the moment you get sick, and taking them immediately.

It will usually cure the sickness instantly.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Follow the steps precisely, find a container to drink from instead of drinking directly from the pump.

I find that the longer you are sick, the longer it takes to cure.

The easiest way to avoid staying sick is to carry antibiotics on you the moment you get sick, and taking them immediately.

It will usually cure the sickness instantly.

I used antibiotics every single time I got sick and it worked for the longest time now all of a sudden it does not go away at all.

Just now, Eagle said:

I used antibiotics every single time I got sick and it worked for the longest time now all of a sudden it does not go away at all.

Like I said, you have probably been sick for a while.

I got sick and didnt have anything to clean my container with, or purify my water (You gotta do both, extra sterile means extra healthy.)
And ontop of that I didnt have any antibiotics.

Took me a few hours to get a hold of everything, and I think I went through half a pack of anti biotics and about one bottle of rubbing alcohol.

Get out your shopping list and find the stuff, then properly follow the steps and I gurantee you, if you are persistent it will go away.

You have to keep taking a lot of pills. Like take one... then wait for it to wear off and then take another. The other thing I noticed too and I have seen is that you have the icon, but then switch to the other server and it will go away. I do think it needs work but I also don't think its completely broken. You just need to take more than one pill over a period of time. 

Honestly, I just got used to being sick all the time. It's my normal status, I no longer care! XD!

I believe as of one of the recent DayZ side patches the pump has a small chance of getting you sick.

Just keep antibiotics on you and knock it out the second it starts. I think you can get sick from being hit by the infected as well? I spontaneously got sick once after getting slapped a few times.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

-snip

Alright so my best bet is just to kill myself.

Edited by Eagle

46 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Alright so my best bet is just to kill myself.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but, yeah, probably. Or undergo extensive treatment in a hospital.

14 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but, yeah, probably. Or undergo extensive treatment in a hospital.

They can go this in depth with broken mechanics but can't make cars work.

15 hours ago, Eagle said:

They can go this in depth with broken mechanics but can't make cars work.

Well, diseases as a game mechanic are NOT broken. Granted, some of them are straight out wrong, like treating influenza with antibiotics etc. but overall the systems are functioning as expected.

In fact, there is an agent cap (max amount) for each agent. For cholera it is for example 1000. You start getting symptoms around 100-200 agents. So technically, you don't have to kill yourself just undergo treatment, like you would in real life, but it will take a while. Find a doctor or sth.

ive been eating tablets like their candies and the sickness i have literally wont go away 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

Well, diseases as a game mechanic are NOT broken. Granted, some of them are straight out wrong, like treating influenza with antibiotics etc. but overall the systems are functioning as expected.

In fact, there is an agent cap (max amount) for each agent. For cholera it is for example 1000. You start getting symptoms around 100-200 agents. So technically, you don't have to kill yourself just undergo treatment, like you would in real life, but it will take a while. Find a doctor or sth.

I found the way to fix it I ate 2 vitamins and drank clean water + ate and it fixed itself.

You can literally get sick from anything now so calling it not broken is odd seeing how I spawn I can get sick from the air the water the food rags hit once by a zombie drinking from a pump a sick person drank from eating something raw. This seems extensive and pretty much just their to be annoying as your character for some reason has no immune system.

Edited by Eagle

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

I found the way to fix it I ate 2 vitamins and drank clean water + ate and it fixed itself.

You can literally get sick from anything now so calling it not broken is odd seeing how I spawn I can get sick from the air the water the food rags hit once by a zombie drinking from a pump a sick person drank from eating something raw. This seems extensive and pretty much just their to be annoying as your character for some reason has no immune system.

Is it broken? No.

Is it extensive or borderline realistic? Yes.