Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 20:30
Sign in to follow this  
Mugin

Mugin's Flaming Appeal

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post)

Spoiler

7c969e5357.png

Spoiler

67567f560a.jpg

Why the verdict is not fair:
My comment was genuine as I have never seen a report verdict end in this manner. In all my three years in this community.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:
I posted this feeling it was indeed a lazy verdict, yet, I was curious how the staff came to such a conclusion and was hoping for any sort of explanation. As staff will usually go into some detail of how they came about their verdict.
Given the report was reopened and @Samti said he wanted to elaborate more after I posted this I can see how it was viewed flaming or flame baiting. This however proves my point that the verdict did in fact need further explanation.

Rule 1.1 and 1.2 clearly distinguishes the fact that flaming, etc, of any kind directed at a "DayZRP member" or "person" will no be tolerated. I ask how can questioning the validity of a verdict that gives no explanation be flaming? The comment was never directed at @Samti, otherwise I would have asked via staff feedback, DM them, or @ed them in the single status update. Like intended the question posed was to the community, via a format meant to voice your opinion to such. Inquiring if there was any verdict like or similar to this.

To clarify.

Spoiler

"1.1 We demand all our members to be polite, behave maturely and with respect towards one another at all times. Do not insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke other DayZRP members."

How could I "...insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke other DayZRP members." if the status update was posed to the community and not the staff member? The format chosen to voice this proves this as it was a single status update, not even mentioning the member, but a verdict.

Spoiler

"1.2 Listen to what others have to say before expressing your opinion. Never put down people or their ideas, nit-pick, constantly criticize over little things, belittle, judge, demean or patronize. A series of seemingly trivial actions, added up over time, constitutes bullying. Treat people the same no matter their race, religion, gender, size, age, or country of origin."

There was no explanation given in the verdict to begin with, so I had no ability to "...put down people or their ideas, nit-pick, constantly criticize over little things, belittle, judge, demean or patronize." I was merely hoping for some clarification.

Given this was a single status update, and I have, nor held any previous opinion or upset with the staff member and their actions it makes no sense to accuse that I presented "A series of seemingly trivial actions, added up over time, constitutes bullying."

Finally.

Concerning my opinion of the verdict I previously stated, @Samti admitted a need to revise it, before adding newly discovered video evidence, reopening the report. Regardless of that fact this sentiment was not the question I posed in the status update, as I hoped for further explanation and clarification. Along with the community providing similar reports as to perhaps find some similarities between the two to answer my question.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:
Warning points removed. Status restored with the ability to edit as to clarify the question I wished to pose to the community for my sake.

What could you have done better?:
I could have elaborated on the question I was asking after the report was reopened. Thing is you can't edit status updates.

Edited by Mugin
Spacing.

A separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and come to a conclusion. While your message is poking fun at the verdict, at the same time we do not see you as attempting to flame Samti. As such your appeal will be accepted.

//Appeal accepted. Points removed