Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 02:17
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

RE: APositiveElmo 5 Warning Points

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Spoiler

image.png.91ed03692919b4f1e7d7b14d284ba38c.png

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict is not fair due to the fact that this is not flamebaiting.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: So, after reading the initial warning, I believed it was not articulating staff's displeasure with my supposed flame-baiting and their reasons for it, so I sought clarity from @Fae, the issuer of my warning points and so most suited to offer explanation. Our conversation is linked below, with approval, in two separate screenshots, posted in chronological order.

Spoiler

image.png.fe38104f2f4d6f4256bce9686b1f7494.png

image.png.16229c9fbb8ab304af4b8de0a0b6df68.png

As a former staff member, I understand how the process of coming to a punitive decision in staff works. There are multiple inputs, a discussion and a consensus is eventually reached on which a majority agree. A moderator or a more appropriate rank, as befitting the nature of the offence, then articulates the consensus into a warning which is then issued to the offender. With that being said and understood by the reader, I will now proceed to break down the arguments put to me by the attending moderator.

Argument 1: The timing of my status update coincided with a verdict, therefore it is attacking and provoking a reaction from, presumably, the attending GM. Supporting screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.e3b21f61a62e423f9c719abaedc3a943.png

Yes, I can't dispute that it coincided with the verdict because it was, inherently, about the verdict. However, I dispute that it was attacking anything but the way the verdict was written and, furthermore, I vehemently deny that it was designed to provoke a reaction from anybody. There is no evidence to support the contrary, I did not @ anybody in my status update, I did not post it to someone else's profile and I certainly did not phrase it in a provocative manner. The verdict was lazily written, so lazily in fact that it could've been considered a copy/paste response. This is not flamebaiting, this is a fact, which I articulated via a status update.

Argument 2: It was a jab at Samti's verdict, therefore it was flamebaiting. Supporting screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.54453c71f3eb907901b2a9f932cae863.png

Verdicts are not people, they are not members of the community, therefore they cannot be flamed or flamebaited under this community's rules. They should always be open for public criticism, across any appropriate medium this site offers.

Argument 3: It is flamebaiting because it was not left on Samti's feedback page. Supporting screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.ca7f2d240c376a4c0b8d2100d28ef04d.png

The fact that I posted it on a status update, on my profile, rather than to his feedback thread in no way makes what I said flamebaiting. Status updates are for all manners of things, like posting videos, funny gifs, images, memes or opinions. What I posted falls into this category. Furthermore, I have left this particular GM feedback before about lazily written verdicts, which he didn't respond to for about a month. It is also clear from the verdict he recently wrote that my feedback fell upon deaf ears.

Argument 4: People may say something on your status update, therefore it is flamebaiting. Supporting screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.5e71635c84172db0bf3432de37b4e5f6.png

I am not responsible for what people say on a status update I post, only what I say, in a similar way that a person who posts a report is not responsible for what anybody else in the report says. My status did not incite anybody to attack, provoke or otherwise threaten the GM that wrote the verdict, it simply stated an opinion.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Points removed, status update restored.  

What could you have done better?: Not logged in to DayZRP today.

Edited by APositiveElmo

Greetings, a separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and come to a decision. The feedback you provided is  not seen in any way as flaming, and as such your points will be removed.

//appeal accepted. Points removed.