Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 08:11
Sign in to follow this  
Fuhqnugget

New Display/Storage devices

As this is an RP server, I think having the opportunity to add storage devices that display the items in it would benefit RP greatly. From walking into a loot room and seeing gun racks line a wall full of guns instead of wooden crates and to walk inside of a medical bay and actually see medicine line the walls.

I'm not sure how well implemented the model is, but there is one of the steam workshop that adds storage/display items. It'd be a nice feature, and it'd gives camps that nice little added touch.

I feel like they should add a gun rack that would be dope 

58 minutes ago, aJoogie said:

I feel like they should add a gun rack that would be dope 

I think there's already a gun-rack in the game if I'm not mistaking, and I think that they show the weapons that were inside. Unless this was removed ofcourse, but I remember reading something about it and seeing one.

1 hour ago, Banshee said:

I think there's already a gun-rack in the game if I'm not mistaking, and I think that they show the weapons that were inside. Unless this was removed ofcourse, but I remember reading something about it and seeing one.

If I remember correctly, it was removed due to a bug I believe.

That's too bad, a gun rack would be awesome! 

Maybe there is a way to fix the bug?

And i agree, instead of having lifeless storage containers, there might be a way to spark a little more life into them?

Theres a mod on the steam workshop that adds gun racks, usable shelves for clothes and equipment, display cases, etc.. 

I agree, we definitely need more options for storage. Placing tents in your base is a thing, yeah, but there needs to be better ways to store things and preserve some space.

The current 50-slot crates are underwhelming. I'd definitely like to see some more diversity when it comes to storage. Bigger crates, maybe furniture that can have items placed into, weapon racks, the list goes on. Tents also don't feel very natural indoors, if that's where you got your base started. They're pretty cool admittedly, but they feel out of place.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:49 AM, Rainey said:

If I remember correctly, it was removed due to a bug I believe.

It was removed due to weapon hoarding.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:34 AM, Fuhqnugget said:

Theres a mod on the steam workshop that adds gun racks, usable shelves for clothes and equipment, display cases, etc.. 

I beleive there is now three threads in relation to this, but as mentioned in the other thread. I've reworked the Mod on the Steam Workshop to balance it a bit better and make it more usable for DayZ RP's needs so it holds less weapons, but allows the immersiveness.

1+

Oh yes please! 

It's all about combating the hoarding, as long as storage is craft able we have to take other measures to stop the mass hoarding of weapons, like disabling weapons in crates etc..