Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 18:48
Sign in to follow this  
LJcollective

What up? How many people are into their tabletop RPGs?

Posted (edited)

Sup guys!

Just wanted to pop in and bust a quick hello since I'm fresh and new both to this community and to DayZ roleplaying. I haven't really played any serious RP games (WOW RP servers don't count I'm assuming..) due to giving up on computer and going PS4 for quite sometime, but I've been playing tabletop roleplaying games [which are like my favorite thing] for a long time (Pathfinder / Starfinder primarily, with a bit of DND 5e and some Genesys/Feng Shui) primarily as GM. So I'm super keen to fill in the rest of the time I have not playing those with some more RP avenues 🙂

How many of you guys love your DND/Pathfinder etc? I assume there's a fairly big crossover. I'm keen to bring some of my RPG characters here and also v. keen to develop some new characters here to move them into my Pathfinder games later on :~]

Edited by LJcollective

I play a fair amount of DnD 3.5 and 5th edition, although not much Pathfinder to be found in my area.

You might be a bit hard-pressed to translate much more then personalities from DnD to our server and back, as thematically, mechanically, and lore wise there is... very little in common with most tabletop RPG's. But if you are just looking to play a familiar headspace, that is certainly something doable!

Welcome to the community!

Hello and welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your time here and although I don't play DND I know many members of the community do. 

Have fun!

3 minutes ago, Rover said:

You might be a bit hard-pressed to translate much more then personalities from DnD to our server and back, as thematically, mechanically, and lore wise there is... very little in common with most tabletop RPG's. But if you are just looking to play a familiar headspace, that is certainly something doable!

Yep that's more along the lines of what I meant! I'm used to porting characters between games and universes both for different settings I run and different video games I love to play. 

Although I actually created my own setting using Genesys (and ran my own Campaign) which was a homebrew zombie apocalypse, so there's a bit of direct crossover with some minor lore tweaks ready to go.

Hello and welcome to the community

Posted (edited)

I tried DnD one time and loved it! Just impossible for me to do that with my Job changing timetable every day XD Wonder what creative characters you will come up with. Its a tough crowed here, sometimes something more down to earth and normal is more unique and special than insane unusual crazy people in this country. Wondering if we all made it through the infection cause there is something wrong with our brain, that prevents us from catching it. 😂  

Anyways welcome and enjoy what you may find 😉 

Edited by GreenySmiley

hello

Posted (edited)

I use to play with 3-4 different groups in my young years, like 20 years ago. I went through many different games like Warhammer, Shadowrun, Rolemaster, Rifts and probably more that I can't remember. I also was a game master for a 3.5 D&D and D20 Star Wars group for some years. Then I had kids and priorities changed.

Edited by OldSchool

Welcome!

Welcome to the community!

I've encountered plenty of people around that tried their hand at DnD to some capacity (myself included, even though it was just a one-shot and I ended up rolling a 17 on my charisma stat during the whole 'rolling for your skills' thing. Suffice to say, I played a bard from that point on and had a blast). You'll find roleplaying in DayZ to be quite a bit different though, but I hope you'll enjoy it as much as you enjoy DnD. Your previous experiences will definitely help in making and playing out your characters, looking forward to seeing you around in-game.

Welcome to the community.