Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 01:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
brringbumf

S2 near Pavlovo Greifing

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S2 between Pavlovo and Zeli

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Some time between my log off on 7/19/2019 (I think was about 9:30 07/20/2019) and my log in 05:00 today on 7/20/2019

Your in game name: Robin Olken

Names of allies involved: N/A (unless you would like the people staying at the camp, no one was online at the time)

Name of suspect/s: damage logs from cutting off combination locks should show

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): A red gunther used for storage (not operable)

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

20190720120538_1.jpg

20190720120541_1.jpg

20190720120600_1.jpg

20190720120549_1.jpg

20190720095734_1.jpg.7179a6236a1977dd06188e246b49704c.jpg

Detailed description of the events: Logged in and found both of the front gate locks to our camp were cut off. I found that a lot of things were missing from our storage boxes inside the house in our camp and the car parked right outside. I went over a garage that we had fortified at a storage place and found that the combination lock we had put on the fence over the front of the garage had been changed. @Omahgerd logged in and helped me verify what all was missing and what the combination we had set to the lock was and she then jumped in from the roof to check on what was missing inside. She found that tents that were full of supplies had been greatly emptied out and that several cooking pots were dropped on the ground. There were also several guns and piles of ammo and mags that we didn't have that were left around our camp.

I'm confused as to what the RP reasons for leaving behind several of their own guns, placing a new lock on our storage garage and taking the supplies they took in the amount they took. Personally I suspect that things were dropped on the ground and we caught the tail end of things despawning. I don't have proof but I would like to have the logs checked for potential ghosting.

Edited by brringbumf

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

14:24:34 | Player "Philip Burke" is connected
14:48:29 | Player "Philip Burke" has been disconnected
14:48:55 | Player "Philip Burke" is connected
15:23:06 | Player "Philip Burke" has been disconnected

14:21:18 | Player "Jack Forrest" is connected
15:43:53 | Player "Jack Forrest" has been disconnected

Building Logs:

Spoiler

14:55:51 | Player "Jack Forrest" destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

15:01:15 | Player "Philip Burke" destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

Position Logs:

Spoiler

14:46:16 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1750.8, 5075.3, 173.2>) 
14:51:15 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1146.8, 4538.6, 141.0>) 
14:56:14 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1130.8, 4579.8, 139.1>) 
15:01:13 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1130.5, 4579.2, 139.1>) 
15:06:13 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1146.7, 4588.9, 139.1>) 
15:11:12 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1155.7, 4571.8, 139.2>) 
15:16:11 | Player "Philip Burke" (pos=<1160.7, 4568.7, 139.1>) 

14:46:16 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1750.2, 5074.5, 173.2>) 
14:51:15 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1126.8, 4580.7, 139.1>) 
14:56:14 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1128.1, 4579.0, 139.1>) 
15:01:13 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1129.5, 4578.3, 139.1>) 
15:06:13 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1151.4, 4577.8, 139.1>) 
15:11:12 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1156.1, 4571.2, 139.2>) 
15:16:11 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1156.0, 4571.4, 139.2>) 
15:21:11 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<1112.2, 4577.7, 139.3>) 
15:26:10 | Player "Jack Forrest" (pos=<975.8, 4041.9, 117.7>) 

Calling in:

@Brooks |

@3rdLeg |

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have.

Posted (edited)

Hello. This is Philip Burke's POV. I'm going to be addressing each allegation separately.

Let's start with ghosting. No ghosting took place here. I connect and reconnect plenty of times because I experience lag sometimes in the game, but when I did as shown in the logs, it was because we were in Zelenogorsk and the server restarted. After logging back on, we made our way to your base. I'm referring to this time frame:

14:24:34 | Player "Philip Burke" is connected
14:48:29 | Player "Philip Burke" has been disconnected
14:48:55 | Player "Philip Burke" is connected
15:23:06 | Player "Philip Burke" has been disconnected

Now, as you can see, the locks were taken off at these times:

14:55:51 | Player "Jack Forrest" destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

15:01:15 | Player "Philip Burke" destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

The timestamps from the logs show that we haven't ghosted in or out of your base. You can double check with the position logs to see that we haven't ghosted in - we were near Zelenogorsk when we relogged, and we logged off farther away from the base after we hid our car.

Now, about the third gate. You had three gates (two protecting the entrance to your base, and the third your shed with the tents). The first two gates have been sawn off, as the logs show, by myself and by Jack Forrest @3rdLeg. The third lock, which was on the gate protecting the shed, was sawn off by Joseph Eastmoor, @Mitch, the third raider in our group, and the logs can verify that. That should've happened within the first 10 minutes of us breaking in through the front of the base, so from 15:01 to 15:11, I believe.

Next, I'm going to address why we took several of your guns and replaced them with those of our own. What we took, if I remember correctly, was a fully decked out M16 and an AKM. We had an M249 SAW and an AUG on ourselves, and we had to drop these in order to be able to carry the M16 and AKM. We stored them in your base because we didn't think it'd be cool to just drop them in the woods and have them despawn, which would leave you empty handed. Instead, we traded our guns for the ones we found in your base, which we found to our liking. I'm not sure there's a "role-play reason" behind it.

As for the food and drink that was stolen, it's with us. We took them because we need them back at home, too. We stored some in the car we had (which has broken down in the meantime) and took all the canned food and canned soda on our persons. The pots that were taken out were likely left out because we searched what was in them. We found a gas stove with a gas cannister attached to it, removed the cannister as I thought it could be used as a fuel source for our car, but I was told it couldn't be, so I placed the stove back in one of the pots and the cannister in a separate tent.

If we left the pots out, then we must have overlooked them because there were more than those in your screenshot, which should be in your tent. We apologize that we didn't place those back - it was likely because we were hurrying to get out and not get caught.

Now about the lock that was placed on your gate, I am not sure on that one. I personally haven't placed it and I'm not sure if either of my friends did it.

This would be all from my side - if any additional info is required, I'd be happy to answer. I unfortunately possess no video evidence of the incident or anything. We apologize for any inconvenience that we've caused you.

Edited by Brooks
Rectified a mistake regarding the names of the weapons - I said we dropped our AUG and M249 to carry the stolen M16 and AUG, when instead I should've said the M16 and the AKM.

@brringbumf Griefing accusations are used when walls are destroyed without purpose, (aka. there is already a clear way in and more walls than necessary are dismantled), a significant amount of items are purposely left on the ground to despawn and the actions all point towards a malicious intent to ruin someone's day.

As far as we can tell, the case you are portraying here seems like a simple robbery. The people used hacksaws to get into your base and took what they needed, which is completely within the rules and allowed. 

You cannot simply create a base to store all your high grade items and expect it to be safe and left untouched. People are allowed to break into a base and rob it. Unless many many items are left on the ground purely to despawn, we don't see anything wrong with leaving a couple of items on the ground if the person ran out of space or time. Unless you missed a few screenshots, the only things we see on the ground are two cooking pots.

To us, this isn't a case of griefing.

With that being said, how would you like to proceed with this report?

Posted (edited)

Brooks has already told our side of the incident, I have nothing to add.

Edited by 3rdLeg

The main thing that cause me to put in a report was the combo lock placed on our storage shed. I did ask one of the support members if that would be considered greifing and was told that it had been reported for it in the past. If they used a car to take all the food and things like that, that does make sense. We don't have any high value items really in camp at all. All of what was taken was used pretty integrally for several characters RP. Besides the AMK the rest of the things that were taken was stuff that usually isn't taken and finding containers on the ground led us to believe that it was simply dropped onto the ground. I've been asking around the people staying at the camp about the combo lock if they placed it but haven't gotten a response from some of them. If placing a combo lock on on someone else's camp and locking them out of their main storage isn't considered greifing I would like to drop it and I apologize for my misinterpretation. Also if I find out that someone from out the camp placed a new lock I will drop it.

The staff team has looked over the report and we can not see any rules being broken here, its a normal robbery with someone most probably trying to take over your base seeing as locks were changed

with that we have decided to close this

//closed

signed: @Derek Steel @Saunders