Server time (UTC): 2020-02-28, 01:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Hofer

Staff Feedback: Hofer

tom hanks hello GIF

Ahoj! Hofer here. New to the community. Hit me up with some feedback by using the template below.

Spoiler

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Link to the situation: PM's

Any supporting evidence or notes: Nah

Feedback: Only person to answer me at this time of day. Told me if I could use an Avatar or not. Good guy. Thanks for the help.

Suggestions for improvement:Call me a Dog pig more.

Link to the situation: #help in discord

Any supporting evidence or notes: help1.PNG.9947ce5daadfc1e2697b585fe9b3042f.PNG

help2.PNG.cc88f797551e3388060bc98ef590e1df.PNG

Feedback: Helped me get back on the server at like 4am my time. So mad props to him. ❤️

Suggestions for improvement: Honestly nothing. Just keep at it man! Absolute legend ❤️

1 minute ago, PyroPupper said:

-snip-

Thank you Pyro. I hope you enjoy your time ingame 🙂

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: 2e9bbf356289bdb9fe47843828aef585.png

0e60d1114d47b3212d7885591c0c796d.png

Feedback: Honestly it seems kind of unprofessional that you closed Shrouds Poll without him requesting to do so even if you believe it to be pointless.  Then ontop of that when he requests for you not to close his Poll you then go ahead and close the thread?

Suggestions for improvement:  Not close active Polls due to your personal opinion and actually properly read what was said.

Link to the situation:

Any supporting evidence or notes: The Thread

Feedback: So there everyone was having a good discussion on whether or not initiating behind cover should be a bannable offense or not when all of a sudden i notice that my Poll gets closed, now i didn't close this poll myself so my assumption is that you closed my poll, so i reopened it and asked you not to close in the future, and then for some odd reason you said "as you wish" and close my thread even though that was clearly not what i asked you to do, i am not to sure what the deal is but it seems like you are not one to take criticism because people were simply asking you about why you decided to go against the rulings of so many previous verdicts and ban somebody for initiating behind a wall and to be frank the way you have conducted yourself in this situation does not reflect well on you or the staff team you are apart of, i expected a bit more maturity from someone who has been around so long.

Suggestions for improvement: Allow the community to have their discussions and don't close threads just because they are giving you criticism.

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: 2 different situations that I'm leaving feedback for:

Closed thread is linked above ^, verdict is linked here.

1. Closing a thread that's actively discussing a verdict you wrote (which goes contrary to how invalid initiation has ever worked) as well as closing the poll on the thread is an incredibly obvious abuse of power. I don't know what else to say besides yikes. It just looks bad and as if you're throwing your power around rather than letting the community discuss the verdict because you didn't like that they disagreed with your verdict.

2. The verdict you wrote that @Realize and @Peril somehow signed off on goes contrary to how initiating from behind cover has always been handled. Rule 4.1 does not say anything about being visible. Due to the fact that Bobby could be heard in normal voip range, and was not initiating through a PA system or a radio, this means that he was not initiating remotely and was personally doing the initiation. You're following the imperfect rules how they were written to a T like a robot, and not understanding how the majority of the community understands the rules. People use old verdicts to gauge how to properly following the rules. When a new verdict comes out that specifically goes against what has been written in the past, then people discuss it and try to get the error fixed. As was said in the thread that you closed, rule 4.1 was edited to cover an issue where people were using megaphones from too far away. 

But applying a blanket understanding of certain rules is too strict and was an issue with staff in 2015 or 2016 as well. 

Suggestions for improvement: Take more feedback from more staff members before going through with a verdict. Also looking at past verdicts would help to understand how community members form their understanding of the rules. If everyone (the community members and staff members) are on the same page when it comes to their understanding of the rules, things run smoother and less confusion and frustration occurs.

Seeing as I have been mentioned I will respectfully respond, I seen nothing wrong with the punishment for the invalid initiation, as when the initiation was dropped it caused confusion on both sides, as the identity of the initiator was unknown, now I do understand the frustration of people, because they think that you can't initiate if there is a wall between you and the person you are initiating on, the is false, you must be aware of who is initiating on you.

Pm me on discord if anyone wishes to discuss this further.

10 hours ago, Real VegasRP said:

Feedback: Honestly it seems kind of unprofessional that you closed Shrouds Poll without him requesting to do so even if you believe it to be pointless.  Then ontop of that when he requests for you not to close his Poll you then go ahead and close the thread?

Suggestions for improvement:  Not close active Polls due to your personal opinion and actually properly read what was said.

@Real VegasRP

I closed the poll as it represented a completely wrong point. It did not describe or take into consideration why we deemed the initiation invalid, as I tried explaining multiple times during the discussion in the thread. The thread was closed to review some posts, and reopened 15 minutes later. This isn't uncommon.

Thanks for the feedback though.

10 hours ago, Shroud said:

Feedback: So there everyone was having a good discussion on whether or not initiating behind cover should be a bannable offense or not when all of a sudden i notice that my Poll gets closed, now i didn't close this poll myself so my assumption is that you closed my poll, so i reopened it and asked you not to close in the future, and then for some odd reason you said "as you wish" and close my thread even though that was clearly not what i asked you to do, i am not to sure what the deal is but it seems like you are not one to take criticism because people were simply asking you about why you decided to go against the rulings of so many previous verdicts and ban somebody for initiating behind a wall and to be frank the way you have conducted yourself in this situation does not reflect well on you or the staff team you are apart of, i expected a bit more maturity from someone who has been around so long.

Suggestions for improvement: Allow the community to have their discussions and don't close threads just because they are giving you criticism.

@Shroud

See the response to Real VegasRP.

Thanks for the feedback.

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

1. Closing a thread that's actively discussing a verdict you wrote (which goes contrary to how invalid initiation has ever worked) as well as closing the poll on the thread is an incredibly obvious abuse of power. I don't know what else to say besides yikes. It just looks bad and as if you're throwing your power around rather than letting the community discuss the verdict because you didn't like that they disagreed with your verdict.

2. The verdict you wrote that @Realize and @Peril somehow signed off on goes contrary to how initiating from behind cover has always been handled. Rule 4.1 does not say anything about being visible. Due to the fact that Bobby could be heard in normal voip range, and was not initiating through a PA system or a radio, this means that he was not initiating remotely and was personally doing the initiation. You're following the imperfect rules how they were written to a T like a robot, and not understanding how the majority of the community understands the rules. People use old verdicts to gauge how to properly following the rules. When a new verdict comes out that specifically goes against what has been written in the past, then people discuss it and try to get the error fixed. As was said in the thread that you closed, rule 4.1 was edited to cover an issue where people were using megaphones from too far away. 

But applying a blanket understanding of certain rules is too strict and was an issue with staff in 2015 or 2016 as well. 

Suggestions for improvement: Take more feedback from more staff members before going through with a verdict. Also looking at past verdicts would help to understand how community members form their understanding of the rules. If everyone (the community members and staff members) are on the same page when it comes to their understanding of the rules, things run smoother and less confusion and frustration occurs.

@Dusty

1. See the response to Real VegasRP.

2. We did consider previous verdicts, however this situation is isolated on it's own and we reviewed it as such. Each situation is unique, and due to the chaotic and cluttered nature of this exact one we did not feel it was clear who initiated on the group of players seeing as he left the area 1.5 minutes beforehand. There were also multiple parties involved, which subsequentally led to another players death even though he did not feel involved, if you look at Apollo's recent report.

Spoiler

Now to the initiation. @Bobby you were not visible while initiating, and sat inside/behind a bush while doing it, only to appear right after. Due to the cirumstances we feel as if this is a breach of the following rule:

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

Always make sure that it is clear that you are the one initiating. In this report it was not clear, as you left the scene around 1.5 minute before the initiation hit. None of the videos make it 100% clear that it is you initiating, and it caused a lot of confusion which led to the death of several people.

I have clarified the verdict a little bit to explain more what the thought process behind the ruling was, which should've been done before posting the verdict in the first place. That's on me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Link to the situation: N/A 

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A 

Feedback: Well done on putting an end to unnecessary Threads and keeping calm under criticism. Well done on staying on top of posts and threads through out the forums. 

Suggestions for improvement: Play more DayZ RP and less WoW. (Just joking, I don't see a need for improvements) 

Any supporting evidence or notes: No

Feedback: I think you should put yourself in others shoes and not try and force your own personal opinion on way things should be anytime you can. 

Past few days you tried to closed a perfectly fine thread for no reason and you seem to weigh in on matters you haven't even experienced or know nothing about.

My feedback would be to put yourself in other peoples shoes and try not to swing your GM power at every moment you can.

Suggestions for improvement: Get more sleep at night or exercise more

On 9/3/2019 at 11:42 AM, Crimson_Tiger said:

Feedback: Well done on putting an end to unnecessary Threads and keeping calm under criticism. Well done on staying on top of posts and threads through out the forums. 

Suggestions for improvement: Play more DayZ RP and less WoW. (Just joking, I don't see a need for improvements) 

Thanks for the feeeback.

38 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

Any supporting evidence or notes: No

Feedback: I think you should put yourself in others shoes and not try and force your own personal opinion on way things should be anytime you can. 

Past few days you tried to closed a perfectly fine thread for no reason and you seem to weigh in on matters you haven't even experienced or know nothing about.

My feedback would be to put yourself in other peoples shoes and try not to swing your GM power at every moment you can.

Suggestions for improvement: Get more sleep at night or exercise more

I do put myself in others shoes when dealing with whatever I am dealing with. I'm not sure what you're saying though since you haven't given me examples.

Regarding the (temporary) thread closure see my response to the other posts in this thread. 

What I don't understand is that you're saying I have no experience on certain matters, yet again with no examples. I'm not going to tell you everything I have seen, participated in or dealt with here on DayZRP since I joined 6 years ago, but there's a lot more than you probably imagine.

I've been GM for less than a week this time around. I did one verdict, community uproar, and I temporarily closed a thread for review. Don't see how that is swinging my GM powers around at every opportune moment.

As for your last point. You know nothing about me outside this community. Whether or not I sleep enough or exercise, you don't know. By saying this, you are the one talking about something you don't know anything about.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback: Very helpful in discord along with @Crimson_Tiger and got mine and @Encaenia's IP situation sorted. Also had fun chatting about the good old times and giving a history lesson.

Suggestions for improvement: Absolutely NUFFIN

1 hour ago, Lil_Beefy said:

Feedback: Very helpful in discord along with @Crimson_Tiger and got mine and @Encaenia's IP situation sorted. Also had fun chatting about the good old times and giving a history lesson.

Suggestions for improvement: Absolutely NUFFIN

Thank y'all both. It was a pleasure to chat with y'all and help y'all out. Enjoy your time on the server. You'll love it here! 😸

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Evidence or notes: N/A

He's handy with a set of pliers. He is also like a superhero, unstoppable, except his one weakness.. Duct tape

@Hofer

You're a good dude.  I've enjoyed interacting with you the last few occasions.  Even though you were just doing your job, I get the impression that helping people is just something you enjoy doing. 

10/10 would die to barbed wire again to have Hofer in discord.

Things to expect from @Hofer

-prompt service

-he will try to rob you

-friendly attitude

-willingness to go above and beyond to fix the situation

Suggestions for improvement: never turn your back on a Russian you pointed your gun at.

6 hours ago, Vast said:

Evidence or notes: N/A

He's handy with a set of pliers. He is also like a superhero, unstoppable, except his one weakness.. Duct tape

@Hofer

You're a good dude.  I've enjoyed interacting with you the last few occasions.  Even though you were just doing your job, I get the impression that helping people is just something you enjoy doing. 

10/10 would die to barbed wire again to have Hofer in discord.

Things to expect from @Hofer

-prompt service

-he will try to rob you

-friendly attitude

-willingness to go above and beyond to fix the situation

Suggestions for improvement: never turn your back on a Russian you pointed your gun at.

Thank you very much Vast. I appreciate the message.

10/10 would help again.

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.) N:A

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".) N/A

Feedback: NOT emediatly feedback but since i've worked with you, you have been doing some solid work + you where always great to hang around with ♥ 

Suggestions for improvement: take a bit more private time if you can, just return when you do 😉 

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: The above thread  

Feedback: Lately you are coming across extremely condescending, acting like a bit of a know it all, not just to myself but to other members of the community. Acting as if you are right about everything and refusing to listen to people who are generally putting points across that they are concerned about. And just because your name is in purple doesn't mean you are always right. 

You also publicly called me out for reporting peoples posts on the forum that I deemed unnecessary, which I also think isn't something you as a staff member should be doing as I have right to report posts that I deem unnecessary and not be made to look like a fool by staff for doing it. As in the thread above you said staff want people to report things? So why are you trying to publicly humiliate me?  

Suggestions for improvement:Listen to people and stop being so condescending, there was a time I generally looked up to you in this community and saw you as someone who was what was right and the right way to act, them days are long gone. 

I would suggest sitting back and taking on board peoples points and not look down on people 

Edited by noir

Thank you for your feedback @noir , but I honestly don't understand how you got to the conclusion you got to and found it necessary to take this to my feedback thread.

Throughout that thread I responded calmly and in a neutral manner on how the whitelisting, character page and quality control works from a staff point of view. Never did I respond as if I was right about anything, hell, I even added a bit about how I think we as a staff team need the help from you, the community members, from time to time to catch all the bad eggs.

Just because I disagree with your statements doesn't mean I'm being a know-it-all or am condescending.

You responded to Ryan's post regarding one character that had issues both in game and on his character page.

And apparently according to staff they read the back story’s, guess that proves otherwise then 

-Hofer quote snipped-

If anyone was acting condescending at all in the thread it was this post by you. I reply and ask you if the whitelist and character page is the same thing, which it isn't as I explained in my next post.

You then reply in the following way.

Did you not read what @Ryan Shepherd just put about someone’s character page ? 

“In his character backstory, not only is his name Clint Westwood but he is currently in 'Chernarous' if you can not even spell Chernarus what hope have you” 

And you are saying you guys are reading them, don’t make me laugh 

Firstly you ask me if I actually read Ryan Shepherd's post. Of course I did.

You then move on to mock that I say we read through character pages and whitelists, which is also condescending.

Your next reply follows:

But shouldn’t you be nitpicky and not so condescending, why is it the likes of myself and @Ryan Shepherdand others that have to speak up, yet you refuse to take a word we say serious and brush it off, 

Not once in my replies did I brush you or @Ryan Shepherd off in any way. I explained everything from a staff point of view, and tried to show you how the process works, and that there are quality controls all the way.

I also explained that we need help from the community. I explained that every system has flaws, and that we can't catch them all. I never claimed we were perfect, or that we're always right, because we aren't.

Link to the situation:

Any supporting evidence or notes: https://www.dayzrp.com/profile/1639-hofer/content/

Feedback: Personaly I find the Feedback above  unfair & unjust. Because of that I decided to write feedback too, to highlight and show a different opinion on the matter.

Hofer, in all your responses in the thread you have been trying to make everyone understand that while YES, the whitelist system is not difficult enough, the Staff team has to work with it for now.

You explained in an nicley and professional way, that you all give your best to try to dont let any 'slip throughs' happen and while you all give your hardest, you are all just human beings and mistakes happen.

In no way did you come across as you would look down on any other person trying to express their opinion about the whitelist. If everything, it seemed like no matter what you answered, you would have to explain the same thing over and over again.

-Yes, the whitelist not hard enough. Yes, some slip through as we are all just humans. Yes, Rolle is working on a new one- ...And so on...

I cannot see you refusing to listen as you did respond to more than one post, trying to answer more posts with  more question or concernces

The accusation, that you would think you are always right because your name is purple, is in my opinion childish and unjust. No explanation for the accustation, just a statement. It is not even an argument to back up the feedback above, it is an insult, plain and simple.

I know, from my own experience, that reading through whitelists can be very exhausting and I also know from my own experience that NO MATTER how hard the whitelist system is, just because someone passes the whitelist DOES NOT mean the person has understood the rules and is a good roleplayer.

Their backstory, their charcater can be good and yet they jump ingame and break the simplest rules.

Because the whitelist system or any person (in or out of the Staff team), can NOT detect if the person passing the whitelist is willing to play by the rules.

You are one of the best Staff members I have ever worked with and I hope to see you in red soon. You will be again a great and active Admin and that is what DayZRP needs right now

Suggestions for improvement: Dont forget your personal life. Play and have fun!

Hofer, stay the way you are and dont get tired of explaining please.

Edited by Terra

Thank you @Terra, I appreciate the kind words and support, especially when it comes from such a respected and merited member such as yourself 🙂

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)
This feedback page.

demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)
N/A

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Whilst Terra has pretty much gone ahead of me to respond to the criticism brought to this feedback page, I'd also just like to mention that whilst I have had many interactions with Hofer, and even though the first time was him making an honest mistake that could've impacted our IC severely- never at any point did he seem condescending, or acted as if he was in the right. He apologized profusely, and gladly spent an hour or two making sure that none of the mistake ended up hurting our IC experience.

Never at any point did he try and defend what he did- and for that I respect him.

We've been gradually in contact since then, basically me being curious about the past of the community, and having a lot of "I've only been here for 4 months, what's the past history" questions, to which he has been more than happy to provide me with the answers, even seeming eager and happy to answer my stupid questions such as "What was that group".

As for the criticism above, I have a hard time myself to see where the condescending tone is. Hofer answered clear and concise. "We're doing what we can, system is flawed. It's being worked on."

Group wise he is also one of the few staff team members who actively ask questions to the groups within the group ideas, giving them a valid and proper question for them to 'defend' them self like in an exam. And I feel that sort of quality control has lacked ever since I joined and became a group leader myself. Keep at it.

It's no secret that my secret lover in the staff team is @Rover, as he was one of the first staff I ever got to know when he was only but a support.
But once the position becomes available then Hofer will be a solid replacement.

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

I think you've improved. You've started putting yourself out there more than what you used to (at least since I joined), and let your voice be heard more. You're asking the right questions. And I'd say you're one of the higher tier staff members in this community.

Thank you @DuquesneLR. I appreciate the honesty, and I'll gladly give you more history lessons in the future if you need them 🙂

Once again, I apologize for the mistake I made that terrible day.

Feedback: You answered some questions I had with honesty and professionalism, which I greatly appreciate. It's refreshing to get clear-cut answers and your approachability is a good trait, especially for someone in staff.

Suggestions for improvement: None that comes to mind. If you keep doing what you're doing as you do now, I'm confident you'll remain a good and fair asset to the staff team.