Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:08
Sign in to follow this  
Hofer

Staff Feedback: Hofer

tom hanks hello GIF

Ahoj! Hofer here. New to the community. Hit me up with some feedback by using the template below.

Spoiler

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Link to the situation: PM's

Any supporting evidence or notes: Nah

Feedback: Only person to answer me at this time of day. Told me if I could use an Avatar or not. Good guy. Thanks for the help.

Suggestions for improvement:Call me a Dog pig more.

Link to the situation: #help in discord

Any supporting evidence or notes: help1.PNG.9947ce5daadfc1e2697b585fe9b3042f.PNG

help2.PNG.cc88f797551e3388060bc98ef590e1df.PNG

Feedback: Helped me get back on the server at like 4am my time. So mad props to him. ❤️

Suggestions for improvement: Honestly nothing. Just keep at it man! Absolute legend ❤️

1 minute ago, PyroPupper said:

-snip-

Thank you Pyro. I hope you enjoy your time ingame 🙂

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: 2e9bbf356289bdb9fe47843828aef585.png

0e60d1114d47b3212d7885591c0c796d.png

Feedback: Honestly it seems kind of unprofessional that you closed Shrouds Poll without him requesting to do so even if you believe it to be pointless.  Then ontop of that when he requests for you not to close his Poll you then go ahead and close the thread?

Suggestions for improvement:  Not close active Polls due to your personal opinion and actually properly read what was said.

Link to the situation:

Any supporting evidence or notes: The Thread

Feedback: So there everyone was having a good discussion on whether or not initiating behind cover should be a bannable offense or not when all of a sudden i notice that my Poll gets closed, now i didn't close this poll myself so my assumption is that you closed my poll, so i reopened it and asked you not to close in the future, and then for some odd reason you said "as you wish" and close my thread even though that was clearly not what i asked you to do, i am not to sure what the deal is but it seems like you are not one to take criticism because people were simply asking you about why you decided to go against the rulings of so many previous verdicts and ban somebody for initiating behind a wall and to be frank the way you have conducted yourself in this situation does not reflect well on you or the staff team you are apart of, i expected a bit more maturity from someone who has been around so long.

Suggestions for improvement: Allow the community to have their discussions and don't close threads just because they are giving you criticism.

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: 2 different situations that I'm leaving feedback for:

Closed thread is linked above ^, verdict is linked here.

1. Closing a thread that's actively discussing a verdict you wrote (which goes contrary to how invalid initiation has ever worked) as well as closing the poll on the thread is an incredibly obvious abuse of power. I don't know what else to say besides yikes. It just looks bad and as if you're throwing your power around rather than letting the community discuss the verdict because you didn't like that they disagreed with your verdict.

2. The verdict you wrote that @Realize and @Peril somehow signed off on goes contrary to how initiating from behind cover has always been handled. Rule 4.1 does not say anything about being visible. Due to the fact that Bobby could be heard in normal voip range, and was not initiating through a PA system or a radio, this means that he was not initiating remotely and was personally doing the initiation. You're following the imperfect rules how they were written to a T like a robot, and not understanding how the majority of the community understands the rules. People use old verdicts to gauge how to properly following the rules. When a new verdict comes out that specifically goes against what has been written in the past, then people discuss it and try to get the error fixed. As was said in the thread that you closed, rule 4.1 was edited to cover an issue where people were using megaphones from too far away. 

But applying a blanket understanding of certain rules is too strict and was an issue with staff in 2015 or 2016 as well. 

Suggestions for improvement: Take more feedback from more staff members before going through with a verdict. Also looking at past verdicts would help to understand how community members form their understanding of the rules. If everyone (the community members and staff members) are on the same page when it comes to their understanding of the rules, things run smoother and less confusion and frustration occurs.

Seeing as I have been mentioned I will respectfully respond, I seen nothing wrong with the punishment for the invalid initiation, as when the initiation was dropped it caused confusion on both sides, as the identity of the initiator was unknown, now I do understand the frustration of people, because they think that you can't initiate if there is a wall between you and the person you are initiating on, the is false, you must be aware of who is initiating on you.

Pm me on discord if anyone wishes to discuss this further.

10 hours ago, Real VegasRP said:

Feedback: Honestly it seems kind of unprofessional that you closed Shrouds Poll without him requesting to do so even if you believe it to be pointless.  Then ontop of that when he requests for you not to close his Poll you then go ahead and close the thread?

Suggestions for improvement:  Not close active Polls due to your personal opinion and actually properly read what was said.

@Real VegasRP

I closed the poll as it represented a completely wrong point. It did not describe or take into consideration why we deemed the initiation invalid, as I tried explaining multiple times during the discussion in the thread. The thread was closed to review some posts, and reopened 15 minutes later. This isn't uncommon.

Thanks for the feedback though.

10 hours ago, Shroud said:

Feedback: So there everyone was having a good discussion on whether or not initiating behind cover should be a bannable offense or not when all of a sudden i notice that my Poll gets closed, now i didn't close this poll myself so my assumption is that you closed my poll, so i reopened it and asked you not to close in the future, and then for some odd reason you said "as you wish" and close my thread even though that was clearly not what i asked you to do, i am not to sure what the deal is but it seems like you are not one to take criticism because people were simply asking you about why you decided to go against the rulings of so many previous verdicts and ban somebody for initiating behind a wall and to be frank the way you have conducted yourself in this situation does not reflect well on you or the staff team you are apart of, i expected a bit more maturity from someone who has been around so long.

Suggestions for improvement: Allow the community to have their discussions and don't close threads just because they are giving you criticism.

@Shroud

See the response to Real VegasRP.

Thanks for the feedback.

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

1. Closing a thread that's actively discussing a verdict you wrote (which goes contrary to how invalid initiation has ever worked) as well as closing the poll on the thread is an incredibly obvious abuse of power. I don't know what else to say besides yikes. It just looks bad and as if you're throwing your power around rather than letting the community discuss the verdict because you didn't like that they disagreed with your verdict.

2. The verdict you wrote that @Realize and @Peril somehow signed off on goes contrary to how initiating from behind cover has always been handled. Rule 4.1 does not say anything about being visible. Due to the fact that Bobby could be heard in normal voip range, and was not initiating through a PA system or a radio, this means that he was not initiating remotely and was personally doing the initiation. You're following the imperfect rules how they were written to a T like a robot, and not understanding how the majority of the community understands the rules. People use old verdicts to gauge how to properly following the rules. When a new verdict comes out that specifically goes against what has been written in the past, then people discuss it and try to get the error fixed. As was said in the thread that you closed, rule 4.1 was edited to cover an issue where people were using megaphones from too far away. 

But applying a blanket understanding of certain rules is too strict and was an issue with staff in 2015 or 2016 as well. 

Suggestions for improvement: Take more feedback from more staff members before going through with a verdict. Also looking at past verdicts would help to understand how community members form their understanding of the rules. If everyone (the community members and staff members) are on the same page when it comes to their understanding of the rules, things run smoother and less confusion and frustration occurs.

@Dusty

1. See the response to Real VegasRP.

2. We did consider previous verdicts, however this situation is isolated on it's own and we reviewed it as such. Each situation is unique, and due to the chaotic and cluttered nature of this exact one we did not feel it was clear who initiated on the group of players seeing as he left the area 1.5 minutes beforehand. There were also multiple parties involved, which subsequentally led to another players death even though he did not feel involved, if you look at Apollo's recent report.

Spoiler

Now to the initiation. @Bobby you were not visible while initiating, and sat inside/behind a bush while doing it, only to appear right after. Due to the cirumstances we feel as if this is a breach of the following rule:

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

Always make sure that it is clear that you are the one initiating. In this report it was not clear, as you left the scene around 1.5 minute before the initiation hit. None of the videos make it 100% clear that it is you initiating, and it caused a lot of confusion which led to the death of several people.

I have clarified the verdict a little bit to explain more what the thought process behind the ruling was, which should've been done before posting the verdict in the first place. That's on me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Link to the situation: N/A 

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A 

Feedback: Well done on putting an end to unnecessary Threads and keeping calm under criticism. Well done on staying on top of posts and threads through out the forums. 

Suggestions for improvement: Play more DayZ RP and less WoW. (Just joking, I don't see a need for improvements) 

Any supporting evidence or notes: No

Feedback: I think you should put yourself in others shoes and not try and force your own personal opinion on way things should be anytime you can. 

Past few days you tried to closed a perfectly fine thread for no reason and you seem to weigh in on matters you haven't even experienced or know nothing about.

My feedback would be to put yourself in other peoples shoes and try not to swing your GM power at every moment you can.

Suggestions for improvement: Get more sleep at night or exercise more

On 9/3/2019 at 11:42 AM, Crimson_Tiger said:

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A 

Feedback: Well done on putting an end to unnecessary Threads and keeping calm under criticism. Well done on staying on top of posts and threads through out the forums. 

Suggestions for improvement: Play more DayZ RP and less WoW. (Just joking, I don't see a need for improvements) 

Thanks for the feeeback.

38 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

Any supporting evidence or notes: No

Feedback: I think you should put yourself in others shoes and not try and force your own personal opinion on way things should be anytime you can. 

Past few days you tried to closed a perfectly fine thread for no reason and you seem to weigh in on matters you haven't even experienced or know nothing about.

My feedback would be to put yourself in other peoples shoes and try not to swing your GM power at every moment you can.

Suggestions for improvement: Get more sleep at night or exercise more

I do put myself in others shoes when dealing with whatever I am dealing with. I'm not sure what you're saying though since you haven't given me examples.

Regarding the (temporary) thread closure see my response to the other posts in this thread. 

What I don't understand is that you're saying I have no experience on certain matters, yet again with no examples. I'm not going to tell you everything I have seen, participated in or dealt with here on DayZRP since I joined 6 years ago, but there's a lot more than you probably imagine.

I've been GM for less than a week this time around. I did one verdict, community uproar, and I temporarily closed a thread for review. Don't see how that is swinging my GM powers around at every opportune moment.

As for your last point. You know nothing about me outside this community. Whether or not I sleep enough or exercise, you don't know. By saying this, you are the one talking about something you don't know anything about.

Thanks for the feedback.