Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 01:16
Sign in to follow this  
Realize

Interview With A Community Member: Saunders

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Saunders

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to @Saunders for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

Hello, my name is Brett Saunders, I'm 25 and from Wolverhampton. My life is pretty boring, I make money at home whilst playing Dayz/doing staff work. I know @Realize in real life and we have been friends for around 8 years. At the age of 15 I sold my console and brought a PC and I have never looked back. I have played Runescape on and off since the age of 10 and I'm currently rank 104, I used to be 84 but since I have quit I have continued to lose ranks. I also played WoW for a year during Throne of Thunder which was a load of fun. Since then I have either played Runescape or roleplayed on games such as GTA and Dayz.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

I don't remember how I found out about DayZRP but I just remember joining and @Phoenix helped me out a bunch. Actually I read my newcomers post and PM's between me and some other players and they were cringe. What made me want to join is the fact that I'd roleplayed before and had a bunch of fun and like everyone else I was sick of the no interaction and KOS on the normal servers.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

It has to be @Realize. In 2017 he joined the community and got me started again as I'd left to continue playing Runescape back in 2015 after around a month on this server. Ever since then we played here for around a year and then quit up until around 6 months ago.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

This is a hard one as I feel no matter what the staff team do we will always get criticism. However, I feel that we could answer questions we get asked after report verdicts have been made to make the verdict clear to them. I also feel that we could hang around on the public rooms a bit more and get to know the community on a more personal level.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

It has to be joining the Fifty Two. Just before joining them me and @Peril spent 3 hours walking back from mine and @Realize old camp and as we got close to camp Fifty Two we heard that the doctor @Tomu that had branded @Realize neck was in the next town. We found him after he tried to pretend to not be who he was and we initiated on him and got it out of him that he was indeed that doctor. We then began to torture him whilst @Peril was having a break down. It was extremely fun and then I joined the Fifty Two. Unfortunately the group split after some differences in which direction the group should go in but I stayed with half of the others. We then began to rebuild and our base at Tulga was incredible, that base will never be beaten. We then moved on to Stary Yar and I've had so many memories with the boys. In and out of character I've had the best time I've ever had at DayzRP with @Luke @Whiskayy - You two little stoners have me in stitches and are great RPers. @AlecM you always trolled, even at serious times but I still fucking love you! And of course my brother @Realize, what great times we had man.

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Holding hands whilst @Derek Steel watched.. Now I get bullied all the time :trolle:

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

@Realize @Luke @Whiskayy @AlecM Luke and Whiskayy would have me in stitches with how they act when stoned out their faces. Realize would be there to back me up when AlecM is trolling during serious situations. It would be great fun.

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

I think everybody knows who that is.. I mean, look at my profile picture and profile in general. For the last 2 year I've only listened to Lil Peep songs. I have over 300 and I know every word to most of the songs. He death devastated me if I'm being honest  

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

It's 100% the character I'm playing now. He's a roadman that got saved by @Realize or George Banks 2 months after the outbreak. He then was guided to being a good person as before he would rob, torture and kill people is necessary. So yeah, he spent the next how many months up until now being a good person but George has died and he's about to find out and may got off the rails and become a hostile person again OR he will find refuge with a hero camp and be the same as he was guided by George who is like a dad to him. That's why I love my character because he can be taken in any direction as his backstory has that flexibility.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

The community is missing unity. Right now it's PvP'ers vs Campfire Rpers and that's not how it should be. Hostile groups should listen to those who are none hostile and the none hostile groups should listen to the hostile groups and both discuss what they want from the RP they're giving and receiving from each other.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

Nope.

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

It's my last name and what everyone calls me in real life including my mom etc. I've had it on every game I've played if I've been able to get it.

@Saunders YOU DIRTY MAN! Holding hands with somebody SMH! you should get 6 staff strikes 😄. for the rest nice read

Any people who want to be interviewed next week post here and I will discuss it with our media team.

1 minute ago, Realize said:

Any people who want to be interviewed next week post here and I will discuss it with our media team.

I wouldnt' mind being interviewed 😄

10 minutes ago, Realize said:

*Hesitantly holds up hand.*

I've been here for a little while now. Why not?

18 minutes ago, Realize said:

*raises hand*

Posted (edited)

@DrMax You know you want to interview your old dad eh?

Otherwise I'll get Rolle to demote you to media team..

Edited by Harvey

23 minutes ago, Realize said:

Me, because its been ages since I did it and y'all added new questions 👀

also 1/10 nothing about you secretly being a robot @Saunders I'm sad.

41 minutes ago, Fae said:

Me, because its been ages since I did it and y'all added new questions 👀

also 1/10 nothing about you secretly being a robot @Saunders I'm sad.

I can't give away my identity shhh

Known for you only a few months and yet here we are fella, such an awesome bloke and good friend.

I was hoping you'd get the next one and what a great read it was bro!

bruh interview me

My man Saunders

I swear when I saw that you were top 100 in OSRS I nearly shat myself

6 hours ago, Realize said:

HMU 

Nice interview fellow lil peep Stan 

Interview me. and great read loved it!

rip gus 

good read saunders i dont really think its pvp'rs v campfire rp'rs at the moment its slowly starting to change with time 

1 hour ago, Tomu said:

Interview me. and great read loved it!

Glad you enjoyed the read. Maybe you'll enjoy it a little more if you re-read the "What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here?" section 😉 

Good read Saunders, expected nothing less.

Just interview the entire staff team at this point 😉

Start with the mod team

10 hours ago, Realize said:

Raises hand 

Yo, interview me :3

RIP Lil Peep